PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Player Is Bigger Than The Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I firmly believe this saying,one that was said by Spurs NBA Coach Gregg Popovich many years ago and one that Belichick himself has followed all these years.

I am a fan of the TEAM - Its never been ONE player and it never will be.

I love Brady now and even when he goes to his new team and thank him for 20 glorious seasons,I thank him for his job in playing a big role in winning 6 Super Bowl Titles and the AFC East almost every season but as the saying goes Brady would not have done all this without his teammates and no one player is a dynasty by himself.

The Patriots are likely going to take a step backwards sans the leadership in Brady gone but you can't go forward if you are stuck in neutral and have to try and pick up the pieces and move on.

If it takes awhile to get back to eliteness so be it,The team will be competitive as long as Belichick remains head coach

I think Jacoby Brissett returns now with Rivers in Indy so at least we have a player with familiarity should this happen - We will see

But there is a most important player on the team

The Patriots remain the Patriots. Dunno what that means. It's been comfortable that we haven't had to "turn on" a QB since Bledsoe went to Buffalo. Doesn't make the dude the Patriots.

He won't look right in another uni, of course, and we might be in for a few bumps, maybe even a crater season or two. Or more. Who knows.

It's been probably the sweetest run in sports history. But the Pats are the Pats.

The Bucs are getting new uniforms in April.

You have to wonder how certain Bucs fans feel now - The same fans who hated on Brady,called him a cheater and loser and now have to root for the guy they once loathed ..... I wish I knew one Bucs fan to get their reaction,but I don't

Ughh we just lost the GOAT QB.

Safe to say this run is over. If we win the AFC East i'd be suprised.

I firmly believe this saying,one that was said by Spurs NBA Coach Gregg Popovich many years ago and one that Belichick himself has followed all these years.

I am a fan of the TEAM - Its never been ONE player and it never will be.

I love Brady now and even when he goes to his new team and thank him for 20 glorious seasons,I thank him for his job in playing a big role in winning 6 Super Bowl Titles and the AFC East almost every season but as the saying goes Brady would not have done all this without his teammates and no one player is a dynasty by himself.

The Patriots are likely going to take a step backwards sans the leadership in Brady gone but you can't go forward if you are stuck in neutral and have to try and pick up the pieces and move on.

If it takes awhile to get back to eliteness so be it,The team will be competitive as long as Belichick remains head coach

I think Jacoby Brissett returns now with Rivers in Indy so at least we have a player with familiarity should this happen - We will see
Just see what Stidham can do. If he blows, strongly consider tanking the following season. You need a franchise QB to get anywhere. Belichick would never do that but it’s unfortunately what should be done.

But it’s the Patriots they’ll accept 10-6 seasons that go Divisional round at best because such a franchise tanking is an unfathomable thing.

I was a die hard Pats fan for 15 years before Brady came, since I was 12. I’ll always be a Pats fan but what Tom Brady meant to our team is immeasurable. I can’t just turn off 20 years of rooting for him.

Pats are and always will be my favourite, but for the next few years my 2nd favourite will be the Bucs.

Wish him well. The bucs gave up a bunch of sacks last year

This does not apply to the NFL, where if you don't have a franchise QB, you basically don't have a shot at the Super Bowl.

And at the moment, we do not have anyone capable of stepping into Brady's shoes.

Amazing how people just push what Brady did to the side after wining 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years when the Pats were mostly a laughing stock prior.

And Popovich has gone back to being an average coach without elite players - Duncan in particular.

Ted Washington was bigger than the team

I agree that no player is bigger than the team but you still need good players to win. This is not the mighty ducks. There’s no Flying V.

Wish him well. The bucs gave up a bunch of sacks last year
Sacks are mostly a QB stat. Jameis sucks. Reckless with the ball (40+ turnovers last year), poor pocket awareness, etc. Brady excels at pocket awareness. Plus, they'll draft some OL as well. That offense is going to be lethal. Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate and start remembering the name Scotty Miller.

As long as their defense can be average, Bucs have to be up there in terms of favorites. Would be crazy to see a team led by Tom Brady host the first ever Super Bowl with it being in Tampa this year.

Michael Jordan was bigger than the team.

....and so is Tom Brady.

They’re GOATs for a reason.

Bill Simmons Floats Interesting Theory On Why Patriots Traded Jimmy Garoppolo

"While Belichick clearly liked Garoppolo, Simmons believes he chose to trade the 25-year-old quarterback in order to fix a fractured locker room that was starting to like Garoppolo more than Brady."

Tom is as old as some of the other players fathers. His presence this year on the outside seemed like he was having a hissy fit after the AB mess.

Players play

Coaches coach

Dont give credit to a man who never would take it him self
Heehee. There’s this show I think you’d like. It’s called Undercover Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes