PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Player Is Bigger Than The Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB also implemented. the defense. that held the high flying Bills to 19 points to secure his second Lombardi trophy in 1991

This was with the mighty Jeff Hostetler under center.

These platitudes won’t win championships.
The Patriots Way won’t win championships.

Just don’t be surprised at what you see...

You have to wonder how certain Bucs fans feel now - The same fans who hated on Brady,called him a cheater and loser and now have to root for the guy they once loathed ..... I wish I knew one Bucs fan to get their reaction,but I don't
they are all hypocrites. hope they enjoy the 2 measly years they have him. at 43 on up.

Michael Jordan was bigger than the team.

....and so is Tom Brady.

They’re GOATs for a reason.

Reality fights back against rather pitiful wishful thinking.

No player is bigger than the team.... But it's really hard to win without that elite QB.

I firmly believe this saying,one that was said by Spurs NBA Coach Gregg Popovich many years ago and one that Belichick himself has followed all these years.

I am a fan of the TEAM - Its never been ONE player and it never will be.

I love Brady now and even when he goes to his new team and thank him for 20 glorious seasons,I thank him for his job in playing a big role in winning 6 Super Bowl Titles and the AFC East almost every season but as the saying goes Brady would not have done all this without his teammates and no one player is a dynasty by himself.

The Patriots are likely going to take a step backwards sans the leadership in Brady gone but you can't go forward if you are stuck in neutral and have to try and pick up the pieces and move on.

If it takes awhile to get back to eliteness so be it,The team will be competitive as long as Belichick remains head coach

I think Jacoby Brissett returns now with Rivers in Indy so at least we have a player with familiarity should this happen - We will see

Except Brady

I firmly believe this saying,one that was said by Spurs NBA Coach Gregg Popovich many years ago and one that Belichick himself has followed all these years.

I am a fan of the TEAM - Its never been ONE player and it never will be.

I love Brady now and even when he goes to his new team and thank him for 20 glorious seasons,I thank him for his job in playing a big role in winning 6 Super Bowl Titles and the AFC East almost every season but as the saying goes Brady would not have done all this without his teammates and no one player is a dynasty by himself.

The Patriots are likely going to take a step backwards sans the leadership in Brady gone but you can't go forward if you are stuck in neutral and have to try and pick up the pieces and move on.

If it takes awhile to get back to eliteness so be it,The team will be competitive as long as Belichick remains head coach

I think Jacoby Brissett returns now with Rivers in Indy so at least we have a player with familiarity should this happen - We will see
I only disagreed because we don’t have the Cap space for Brissett.

The Warriors are so awesome now because Steve Kerr’s brilliant system alone gets you lots of wins.

The Patriots remain the Patriots. Dunno what that means. It's been comfortable that we haven't had to "turn on" a QB since Bledsoe went to Buffalo. Doesn't make the dude the Patriots.

He won't look right in another uni, of course, and we might be in for a few bumps, maybe even a crater season or two. Or more. Who knows.

It's been probably the sweetest run in sports history. But the Pats are the Pats.

That's what I am scared of. The Pats will become.............. the Pats without Brady. That wasn't that pretty.

If there ever was a player bigger than the team, it was Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Junior.

This ****ing kills me, but I root for laundry at the end of the day.

20 years of greatness. 1 QB. Unprecedented. Awesome times.

Next chapter to begin, yes it will never be the same, expecting to win every single game, 8 straight afc championships, 6 superbowl titles in 9 appearances, it’s not suppose to happen, but it did. The ride was awesome, Was everyone living in lala land expecting this to go on forever without a true rebuild?
The quicker the rebuild the sooner the team goes back to Super Bowl caliber - it might take going back to sub .500 before it turns the corner but thats all right in the long picture,Belichick could still keep the team in the wild card running until then.

That's what I am scared of. The Pats will become.............. the Pats without Brady. That wasn't that pretty.
This is where the older fans in here like me have an advantage - we went through the ****ty years and came out of it with rewards we didn't expect- many fans around 25 or so began being a fan when the team was already a SB champ

Amazing how people just push what Brady did to the side after wining 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years when the Pats were mostly a laughing stock prior.

And Popovich has gone back to being an average coach without elite players - Duncan in particular.

Yeah, Poppovich can say what he want but the Spurs have been doormats since Kawhi left.

Nobody's bigger than the team, sure, but some players are basically as big as a team in of themselves. Brady might or might not be that guy anymore, but he was for basically two decades, and I'm not expecting them to carry on and be just fine without him. We're probably in for a rough few years new, but that was starting to feel like the outlook whether he stayed or left.

This does not apply to the NFL, where if you don't have a franchise QB, you basically don't have a shot at the Super Bowl.

And at the moment, we do not have anyone capable of stepping into Brady's shoes.
One thing I don't get on this board is this stress about being competitive the next two seasons. The window is closed, finally, after twenty years. It was closed even with Brady because he can only do so much with an aging and injury stricken roster. Just embrace all things end.

With Brady's support now removed, this team will likely spiral for a few seasons. That's fine, as long as we find a way to start drafting better. Belichick or not, the Patriots will be a competitive franchise as long as ownership is willing to spend and facilitate talented people to do their thing.

The most important player on this team wears a hoodie.
Belichick himself would laugh so hard at this that he would **** his pants.

I agree that no player is bigger than the team but you still need good players to win. This is not the mighty ducks. There’s no Flying V.
Yeah but can BB get a haircut like Gordon Bombay?

Brady had some piss poor games the last two years. Patriots still won games.

Basketball has 5 players, football fields 22, but really 45...don't be the person that compares the two sports. If you cannot figure out why.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down