PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter what, this was a successful season.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It seems like the Patriots have fallen back to reality, but no matter what happens... this season in my opinion was a success. 9+ wins and at least a glimpse of a good future. This season was always going to be a rebuild and anything more than what we have now is gravy.

I really think next season will be our true comeback season.

It seems like the Patriots have fallen back to reality, but no matter what happens... this season in my opinion was a success. 9+ wins and at least a glimpse of a good future. This season was always going to be a rebuild and anything more than what we have now is gravy.

Yep. The Bills window is wide open. Ours is not open yet and it shows. I expected the same as you with 9 wins.

I always felt that with a 2nd year leap by Mac the window will begin to open next year. Still need one more draft maybe two to get the pieces on both sides of the ball for another run contending for another title.

Yep. The Bills window is wide open. Ours is not open yet and it shows. I expected the same as you with 9 wins.

I always felt that with a 2nd year leap by Mac it will begin to open next year. Still need one more draft maybe two to get the pieces on both sides of the ball for another run contending for another title.
And we will likely win 10 games at least.

Looking at this as a rebuild season under a rookie, that isnt too shabby.

And we will likely win 10 games at least.

Looking at this as a rebuild season under a rookie, that isnt too shabby.
Not too shabby at all.

The massive improvement from last season is right there for all to see. Last season the team wasn’t just a flawed or weak team, they were a bad team and weren’t going to get better - and they didn’t. This season and going into 2022 there’s hope. There was no hope last season.

I kinda wanna see Mac end on a good note. A couple more multi pick games would not have me quite as confident moving forth. Still overall impressed with the eye test and his poise in the pocket, but the #s dont lie either. You dont want to see that td:int ratio approaching 1:1. If he bounces back with a couple of good games id feel great as opposed to 4 straight bad outings.

And also of course barring us losing out and missing the postseason at 9-8, that would be a disaster.

So this is the bargaining phase.
Its the, oh wait...we might not win the superbowl? Phase. Pats fans do not understand how lucky we are. We finally do not have to live and die on if we win the superbowl anymore. My favorite times as a fan was watching the growth. The every year you dont win the superbowl ruining my entire year sucked. I want to enjoy the every good thing is a parade and bad things and loses do not ruin my life for awhile. The climb is the fun part, being on the top of the mountain just means you can fall and die at any moment and there is no place to go up.

I kinda wanna see Mac end on a good note. A couple more multi pick games would not have me quite as confident moving forth. Still overall impressed with the eye test and his poise in the pocket, but the #s dont lie either. You dont want to see that td:int ratio approaching 1:1. If he bounces back with a couple of good games id feel great as opposed to 4 straight bad outings.

And also of course barring us losing out and missing the postseason at 9-8, that would be a disaster.
The pats are not going to lose to the Jags. I could scrape up some kids down at the playground and beat the jags. Next week is a get right game.

The pats are not going to lose to the Jags. I could scrape up some kids down at the playground and beat the jags. Next week is a get right game.

Yeah I highly doubt they lose that game. Stranger things have happened though!

Yeah I highly doubt they lose that game. Stranger things have happened though!
Yeah, but I mean...yeah I cannot even see it. I watched the jags play the jets on replay just to kind of see what the jags had for next week...its not good especially at home. The pats could play a bad game and win by 14.

Fallen back to reality? What reality have they fallen back to?

This team is turning out to be exactly what we thought they would be, a playoff team that can hang with anybody. Flirting with the #1 seed was fun, but the last two weeks have exposed the defense as a paper tiger. For seven weeks we feasted on depleted offenses, poorly coached teams, and QBs ruined by the New York Jets, and it made the defense look good enough to carry a rookie QB to the Super Bowl.

I like what I saw from Mac the last two weeks, even if he was shut down in the first half of both games. It's a shame that the defense once again failed to give him the chance to lead a game winning drive. This is, what, 5 times this year the D couldn't get a stop where it needed one?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back