PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No fear: Bring on Brady's best shot (LINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially liked this tidbit from the article.

And here's betting New England, clearly the top franchise of this decade, will never be able to put all the pieces back together again.

It's too bad it was a Denver homer media guy that said it and not an NFL player. It would make for great bulletin board material in the Pat's lockerroom.

Well the Donkeys do have an advantage in recent matchups. I was reading about it in this Globe article by Shaughnessy
(http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...3/broncos_are_a_rare_breed_they_have_no_fear/)

He calls the Broncos the Kraft kryptonite. Donkeys lead 4-1 ever since 2001. I'd like to know how many of those games were played in Denver though. Mile High seems to be a really tough place for any road team to come into.

It was funny how he ended the article by talking about how it's time for the pats to tame the broncos and put em in line with the rest of the league hehe.

I'll agree with that at least. It's about time the Pats whipped those donkeys. It's gonna be a different story at the Razor.

VJCPatriot said:
Well the Donkeys do have an advantage in recent matchups. I was reading about it in this Globe article by Shaughnessy
(http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/23/broncos_are_a_rare_breed_they_have_no_fear/)

He calls the Broncos the Kraft kryptonite. Donkeys lead 4-1 ever since 2001. I'd like to know how many of those games were played in Denver though. Mile High seems to be a really tough place for any road team to come into.

It was funny how he ended the article by talking about how it's time for the pats to tame the broncos and put em in line with the rest of the league hehe.

I'll agree with that at least. It's about time the Pats whipped those donkeys. It's gonna be a different story at the Razor.

4 of the last 5 have been in Denver. In '02 Denver won in Foxboro, largely because we had huge holes in our defense (since fixed!). the Pats won on '03, in the classic "chess game" between Belichik and Shanahan (taking the safety). Last year's games are pretty much fresh in everyone's mind here, so no need to rehash them.

Yes, Invesco is a tough place to visit, but know that since '01, the Broncos have been quite mortal on the road, going 19 - 27.

Inclement weather is a possibility tomorrow night, thus making Denver's job that much tougher.

This is a team that went 13 - 3 last year. This is a team that essentially stood pat in the off-season. This is a team working in a new OC, who's problems are further exacerbated by a floundering starting QB who seems to be having an identity crisis. This is a team that took Cleveland's "bums" on the defensive line and molded a surprisingly good unit last year, one that I think was playing largely on adrenaline. It remains to be seen whether or not they follow Jake's example, but unless they blitz the holy bejezzus out of the Patriots, it's hard to see them having much of an effective pass rush.

The point here is, when you stand pat on the previous season's performance, hoping that this is the time that lightening truly strikes, you are really playing a dangerous game. It may work, but history and experience are less than sanguine on the chances of success. Note here, too, that this is close to the top, not at the top. There's a difference.

The Denver media are pretty unanimous in that this is a "Super Bowl or bust" drama playing out this year in that fair city. If it falls flat, look for some substantial changes on the team.

I like the Pats, 38 - 14!

Patriotic Fervor said:
Today the Denver media is in full press "hopeful" mode, with talk of the ability to "steal one" at the Razor! While acknowledging the Pats have won 27 of their last 30 there, they willfully ignore the Broncos' sub-.500 road record since '01.

They feel the Pats have no answer to Champ, and firmly believe that any attempt to rush their way out of any problems is doomed, as this plays to the Denver strength of it's stalwart defense. Of course, they make no mention of the fact that in 2 games they've allowed 2 100-yard rushers.

And speaking of their stalwart defense, little mention is made of the fact that that against the Rams and their anemic pop-gun offense that team pretty much managed to march up and down the field at will, until they became freaked at the sight of the goal posts. (You'll see that a lot from this St. Louis team this year!)

And against a KC team reeling from the loss of Trent Green, against Damon Huard, he of 6 career starts, they still looked lost! Trust me - if a healthy Green is directing that team, you're looking at a Denver team sporting an 0-2 record.

Although the entire week, journalistically, has been spent making comparisons to last year's start, this appears to be an exercise in denial.

No, this is not the fabled Denver defense of days of yore, be it the Orange Crush variety or otherwise.
Writers in "homer" cities like Denver,Pittsville,Indy,New Jersey A And B,write "wishfull thinking" articles about their teams,they hope it fires up their team and fans and demorilizes a team like New England.We don't do that here,we are head down,work hard and perservere players and fans.Doesn't matter how you look,or whether you win by 3 points or 30,just stayed focused and do your best.Super Bowl Championships will follow.

Brady will HAMMER the Donks defense and bring Shanahan and his squad back to Earth from their lofty aspirations of making that next step to the BIG GAME!:D
Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see ya all in Miami where New England will DESTROY Carolina in February! :rocker:

I really don't see Denver having much offensive success against us this week. I don't think we will be able to put up 35 on them, but I don't think we'll need more than 14-17points to win this game.
If they can't get into double digits vs. The Chiefs, I can't see us doing any damage against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back