PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No fear: Bring on Brady's best shot (LINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4377800

"The rest of the NFL sees Tom Brady as a matinee idol. Everybody's All-American. Born to wear red, white and blue. A quarterback who wins like Bart Starr and looks like Brad Pitt.

But, in the eyes of the Broncos, Brady is just another Tom, **** or Harry. Who's afraid of the most successful QB in pro football? Not Denver.

Mr. Perfect does not scare the Broncos. They own him.

The Broncos want to do more than wipe the perfect smile off his handsome face. They intend to shut out Brady. Orange crush him."

It's very evident that nobody fears the Patriots any longer and considers them has beens. Thats one of many articles I've read since the season started predicting that the Patriots run of dominance is over. It remains to be seen, in my opinion they are clearly reloading and restocking with youth. The only way is up and thats with a monster core of players. Most of these same guys predicting the Dolphins to knock them off their perch...............ummm OK.

Last edited:
I am sure Tom Brady is very worried about how little they fear him.

He is probably crying himself to sleep right this moment, saying to Bridget,"They own me. I'm so owned. There's no hope. We can't possibly win."

She consoles him though, "It's ok Tommy," as she nuzzles his neck.

It's a hard life for poor Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Sure, back in the old days they were owned by the 297th richest man in America, but not anymore, now it's Jake Plummer and Rod Smith.

I suspect, and I could be completely wrong about this, that Tom Brady might actually not believe that. He might think... just maybe... Sunday the Patriots have a shot to win the game.

He isn't perfect.

I don't find him all that attractive.

But given the choice, I will take the chances of this Patriots team over any other team in the league. There is an elegant beauty to the way this team is constructed that makes me feel all giggly inside.

I honestly feel like the media pounding on the patriots is a good thing. The patriots need to be better than this, and one of the worst things, I think, is for a team to get good press and believe it.

I think the pat's will be ok. BUt if it'll make anyone feel better, I will try to take the Denver Media's articles to heart and cry in my soup til sunday.

Fondly,
the ghost

RodRustsGhost said:
I am sure Tom Brady is very worried about how little they fear him.

He is probably crying himself to sleep right this moment, saying to Bridget,"They own me. I'm so owned. There's no hope. We can't possibly win."

She consoles him though, "It's ok Tommy," as she nuzzles his neck.

It's a hard life for poor Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Sure, back in the old days they were owned by the 297th richest man in America, but not anymore, now it's Jake Plummer and Rod Smith.

I suspect, and I could be completely wrong about this, that Tom Brady might actually not believe that. He might think... just maybe... Sunday the Patriots have a shot to win the game.

He isn't perfect.

I don't find him all that attractive.

But given the choice, I will take the chances of this Patriots team over any other team in the league. There is an elegant beauty to the way this team is constructed that makes me feel all giggly inside.

I honestly feel like the media pounding on the patriots is a good thing. The patriots need to be better than this, and one of the worst things, I think, is for a team to get good press and believe it.

I think the pat's will be ok. BUt if it'll make anyone feel better, I will try to take the Denver Media's articles to heart and cry in my soup til sunday.

Fondly,
the ghost

Giggly?

10 Characters...

RodRustsGhost said:

Fondly,
the ghost
I don't know if I'll feel better, but it's worth a try. :cool:

There's a lot of crap in their for a team that lost to the Rams and damn near lost to Damon Huard.

Man, he had me till he used the verb 'to Orange Crush'. There's a pulitzer waiting to happen.

Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
It's very evident that nobody fears the Patriots any longer and considers them has beens.
That isn't evident at all... they are no longer the single most feared team (there really isn't one these days, maybe IND but they were tarnished last season). But they are still firmly in the top tier.

MrTibbs said:
Thats one of many articles I've read since the season started predicting that the Patriots run of dominance is over.
Such articles started appearing in 2002 and have been showing up regularly since then, with the possible exception of early 2005 when the Pats were coming off of two SB victories. It's the nature of the press to want to be first to predict the "next big thing".

Giggly?

Maybe he means "jiggly" ??

Denver is not exactly the 21st century version of Ancient Athens.

Keep in mind, that is the city that brought Woody Paige to prominence. This kid is just using his template.

Yawn......

Perhaps he forgets this? In his house no less?

Attachments

• 157473_2697304_8givens.jpg
    157473_2697304_8givens.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 143
They hate Brady because he has more Super Bowls than their man
John Elway. And, he will go down as the 2nd best qb of the last
40 years behing Joe Montana. Not Mr. Ed(Remember Bosworth's
description of Elway?). Sure, they are 1-4 against TB. But, 4/5
have been in Denver. The worm will start to turn tomorrow. Hopefully,
they make the playoffs. Which I doubt. I'd like to end their season
this year as payback for last year. They'll be busy watching college
football soon. Oops...They stink too!!...Well, they do have some
great skiing out there.

I meant 'giggly' but... I'll be more specific.

It brings me to that happy place where PatriotsNation is all jumping up and down after AutomaticAdam put the ball through the uprights for another championship.

Fogbuster said:
Giggly?

Maybe he means "jiggly" ??

RodRustsGhost said:
I meant 'giggly' but... I'll be more specific.

It brings me to that happy place where PatriotsNation is all jumping up and down after AutomaticAdam put the ball through the uprights for another championship.
Heh now, your supposed to be watering your soup to see if it makes me feel better, you can make your jello commercials Monday. :snob:

It's funny, because I think this article should be titled "Should We Fear Brady?" It doesn't address that this appears to be the weakest Bronco team Brady has faced thus far; it doesn't address the Bronco offense, which has been terrible so far this year, and which got nothing done against our defense last January when it had to start on its own side of the field; it doesn't address that despite everyone's saying that Brady has had two sub-par games and isn't in sync with his receivers, he has scored enough points in the first two games to easily beat the Broncos. Of course, they will say the Jets defense is a sieve, but Buffalo is no walk in the park.

On a related note, how come the Broncos have "homer" writers, and we don't? Wouldn't it be nice if a Pats writer wrote this kind of stuff on behalf of the Pats - saying that they have no fear and will win easily on Sunday?

I get a kick out that handle,RodrustsGhost! Funny!

PatsDeb said:
It's funny, because I think this article should be titled "Should We Fear Brady?" It doesn't address that this appears to be the weakest Bronco team Brady has faced thus far; it doesn't address the Bronco offense, which has been terrible so far this year, and which got nothing done against our defense last January when it had to start on its own side of the field; it doesn't address that despite everyone's saying that Brady has had two sub-par games and isn't in sync with his receivers, he has scored enough points in the first two games to easily beat the Broncos. Of course, they will say the Jets defense is a sieve, but Buffalo is no walk in the park.

On a related note, how come the Broncos have "homer" writers, and we don't? Wouldn't it be nice if a Pats writer wrote this kind of stuff on behalf of the Pats - saying that they have no fear and will win easily on Sunday?
Well really Deb, it's not like they could write an article on "Should New England Fear Jake?" :eek:

BelichickFan said:
There's a lot of crap in their for a team that lost to the Rams and damn near lost to Damon Huard.

Today the Denver media is in full press "hopeful" mode, with talk of the ability to "steal one" at the Razor! While acknowledging the Pats have won 27 of their last 30 there, they willfully ignore the Broncos' sub-.500 road record since '01.

They feel the Pats have no answer to Champ, and firmly believe that any attempt to rush their way out of any problems is doomed, as this plays to the Denver strength of it's stalwart defense. Of course, they make no mention of the fact that in 2 games they've allowed 2 100-yard rushers.

And speaking of their stalwart defense, little mention is made of the fact that that against the Rams and their anemic pop-gun offense that team pretty much managed to march up and down the field at will, until they became freaked at the sight of the goal posts. (You'll see that a lot from this St. Louis team this year!)

And against a KC team reeling from the loss of Trent Green, against Damon Huard, he of 6 career starts, they still looked lost! Trust me - if a healthy Green is directing that team, you're looking at a Denver team sporting an 0-2 record.

Although the entire week, journalistically, has been spent making comparisons to last year's start, this appears to be an exercise in denial.

No, this is not the fabled Denver defense of days of yore, be it the Orange Crush variety or otherwise.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Well really Deb, it's not like they could write an article on "Should New England Fear Jake?" :eek:

Well put, Box, well put!

Box_O_Rocks said:

Well, they could write such an article and answer their own question, "No." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back