PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry Reflects Back On Draft Experience With Posting To Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't crying that night...In fact I wrote later that I "loved" the pick...But I'm crying now...

Sounds like you channeled Harry and were a bit slow that night. ;)

The most annoying story and the media spun it as being so cute was how Harry couldn't answer a phone call. Hung up and kept answering saying:

“Hello”

“Hello”

“Hello”

There was a play last year, maybe against the Texans -- I think it may even have been that Hoss Juke play, where the outside receiver is supposed to run a hitch. Harry runs the route, but the corner is sitting on the hitch. What does he do now?

Earlier in the game Harry ran a poor slant route and got outfought for a pick. Brady went ape. So now Harry is in a different situation, staring at a corner who is sitting on his route. He was probably thinking: "If I run a go here and Tom throws to the hitch, and it gets picked, Tom is going to stab me to death on the field." So he just does what he's told and runs the hitch, which turns out to be the wrong thing also.

Back in the huddle Brady doesn't even look at the kid. Then he throws a fit on the sidelines on national TV. Harry's confidence by then is shot.

This was terrible leadership and exactly why it was time for Brady to go. The Patriots for 20 years had moved on from vets on the downsides of their careers, and replaced them with guys on rookie contracts who couldn't do it as well at first. It's the only way to manage a team if you're planning on competing every year -- you have to cycle through some of those mistakes to allow the cheaper talent to learn.

But Brady was out of patience with coaching up young talent, even when it was by necessity (they were supposed to be leaning on Gordon and AB last year). So he regularly dogged these kids on national TV, throwing his hands in the air, rolling his eyes, etc. This is all the stuff we used to jump on Peyton Manning about.

In preseason it was so obvious that both of the other quarterbacks really enjoyed the young receivers, particularly Meyers. Hoyer came in and on Harry's first play threw him a 50-50 ball, which he caught. Stidham gave Meyers a ton of chances to make plays. Brady meanwhile was bromancing with psychopath Antonio Brown, whose huge salary incidentally handcuffed the team from making any other additions.

Brady is a great player, but he's changed. He once really loved and supported whoever he was in the huddle with. Now he's selective in doling out respect.

Harry is going to be just fine with a different quarterback.

Yeah all Brady's fault that the kid couldn't get open all his fault. Who do we blame if the same thing happens this year?

Brady is no longer here. So all the problems left with him. Get over it. Sick of you hateful people.

Yeah all Brady's fault that the kid couldn't get open all his fault. Who do we blame if the same thing happens this year?
It's possible that last year both were true. Harry did struggle to get open at times and Brady did opt to throw to others when Harry was wide open.

It's possible that last year both were true. Harry did struggle to get open at times and Brady did opt to throw to others when Harry was wide open.
Naah, according to all of you, it was all Brady's fault. Simple as that. He was the problem.

Naah, according to all of you, it was all Brady's fault. Simple as that. He was the problem.
Both sides of the all or nothing arguments are flawed.

Nobody is saying it’s all Brady’s fault, just the Brady was a lousy leader last year who didn’t help the kid’s confidence. Harry made mistakes, absolutely. So do almost all rookies at that position. Anyone remember David Givens as a rookie? There’s just no way to learn to play well without playing in games, and new guys are going to make mistakes in games. These are world-class athletes he’s playing against and the difference between being open and not depends a lot on whether you have to slow down to think.

When Brady came into the league, he was stoked to be playing with Jermaine Wiggins, Shockmain Davis, Bert Emmanuel and Charles Johnson. He encouraged his guys after every snap. Now he can’t be bothered to play with a first round pick. Great player, Brady, but as a leader, he’s changed a lot. Totally different approach.

The evidence suggests Brady has always frozen out dumb scrubs who can't learn the playbook.

He didn't keep feeding the likes of Brian Tyms and Tiquan Underwood the ball back when he was supposedly "kinder, gentler" Tommy the "nurturing leader." He was already old as dirt when he fed Malcolm Mitchell the ball in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl though., in spite of missing time and having some bad practices even. Why? Because (when healthy) he was actually worth a damn.

You want the ball from Brady? Don't be a dumb beyotch.

Brady was already about eight years past the “kindler, gentler” version of himself by the time he got to Tiquan Underwood and Tyms.

He won his first three Super Bowls throwing to unheralded players. Branch got it right away but everyone else - Givens and Daniel Graham especially - took time and Brady didn’t whine. He got useful snaps out of Bethel Johnson, for God’s sake. He didn’t start with the sourpuss act until after the ugly 2006 season.

Brady was already about eight years past the “kindler, gentler” version of himself by the time he got to Tiquan Underwood and Tyms.

He won his first three Super Bowls throwing to unheralded players. Branch got it right away but everyone else - Givens and Daniel Graham especially - took time and Brady didn’t whine. He got useful snaps out of Bethel Johnson, for God’s sake. He didn’t start with the sourpuss act until after the ugly 2006 season.

So we're pushing Brady's becoming the bad guy in our narrative back to 2006? And then the guy won 3 more rings? OK sure why not.

I mean, on one side you have the undisputed GOAT with his six rings, and on other side you have a random collection of numb-nuts who were fighting for the league lead in drops. How is picking sides here even a topic of conversation?

He'll probably be better w Stidham than w Sad Tom .. Sad Tom didn't throw to him if he was open...Harry runs 7.5 yard out instead of 8 yards, Sad Tom sees him open, passes up Harry 1 on 1 w daylight and throws 20 yards down field to Edelman in bracket coverage
Correction: it’s now Sad Tompa

When Brady came into the league, he was stoked to be playing with Jermaine Wiggins, Shockmain Davis, Bert Emmanuel and Charles Johnson. He encouraged his guys after every snap.

You can't compare young Brady to Brady now. Back then, he was learning and also trying to make just like the other guys during the 2001 season.

And BB absolutely fugged him over in the 2006 season. Lol, would've won the Super Bowl that year even though they still had an inferior squad to the Chargers and Colts.

The patriots passed up on much better college WRs like Deebo, Metcalf, and AJ Brown to draft a project with red flags in Harry. Once again, patriots WR scouts failed to do their job.

Brady knows best when it comes to WRs. Never has he blacklisted a WR only for that guy to perform somewhere else. Brady knows when a guy isn't good. He had nothing nice to say about Harry.

BB is an incredible coach, but he and his front staff are terrible at drafting wide receivers.

Hoping for the best for him this year. He’s really likable.

It's like your buddy describing a blind date: "she's got a great personality" You just knew you were in deep kimchi when you heard that.

I wasn't crying that night...In fact I wrote later that I "loved" the pick...But I'm crying now...

Hey DJ Chark was worse his rookie year than Harry and he played every game. His second year turned out pretty well.

Not an aggressive player. The 5:10 180 lb. cornerbacks pushed him around.
Kneal, Harry looks almost - for lack of a better word - sad out there...lonely even...

That's why I was hoping that his ASU teammate Brandon Aiyuk would be available tonight when we picked at 37...maybe help keep the poor kid company...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back