PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry has made a few catches in traffic last 2 weeks that have impressed me. He needs to do a better job of creating leverage if he isnt going to get a ton of separation. That one throw yesterday on 3rd down that was a "jump ball" that he could only get one hand up was a good example... was it a hold? maybe, but he needs to fight through that.

I really do think he can be a solid WR for us long-term. Never going to be OBJ/Julio Jones/Hopkins etc... but a solid #2 would be great.

He had a nice catch but in order to be a number 2 he needs more production. He’s averaging 9.2 per catch. Through 4 games he has 166. Not even 200 yards. I hope i am wrong about him but i don’t see him ever being a number 2 receiver.

I like Harry a lot, but I've tempered my expectations. I think he'll make a fine #3 receiver, but its hard to predict/expect he'll make any substantial jump from here.

remember they threw a flag when harris might have been hit oob late then picked it up? They cut the replay though as the next play was starting so I didn’t get a good look again but in real time it seemed like a penalty. DEF more than the ‘late hit’ on the Mahomes dive later on. As bad as the past games vs kc in regards to officiating this may have been the worst game

The one flag that I saw for a hit OOB was picked up because the guy really didn't hit the Pats player. in fact, he tried to keep him from going down. THAT was the right call.. The others were just garbage..

The one flag that I saw for a hit OOB was picked up because the guy really didn't hit the Pats player. in fact, he tried to keep him from going down. THAT was the right call.. The others were just garbage..

Gotcha, I did not see it very clear. But that also looked like what wise was trying to do with maholmes was hold him up

He had a nice catch but in order to be a number 2 he needs more production. He’s averaging 9.2 per catch. Through 4 games he has 166. Not even 200 yards. I hope i am wrong about him but i don’t see him ever being a number 2 receiver.

He can only do so much with the routes he's being asked to run. it's been like 65/35 in terms of short routes to intermediate ones. No player is going to get more than 10 yards if they're getting the ball thrown to them 5-6 yards behind the LOS and are being asked to run through 2-3 players, some of whom are linebacker. Not without some good blocking in front of him. And there hasn't been that. Maybe if they sent every other receiver to the other side so that Harry was lined up against his man and maybe a safety, it might work better.. But it won't if they don't do more to open things up. Or give him blockers and make it a screen play.

I didn't have issue with Harry not getting the 2nd arm up because Fenton CLEARLY was pulling it down so he could reach in front of Harry. If that had been Gilmore or Jackson, the Zebras would have called the DPI immediately.

People need to remember that Harry isn't a 3rd or 4th year player. He's a 2nd year player who missed a good chuck of his 1st year. And he played through the 1st 2 games with a shoulder injury.

People blaming Harry for a lack of production last night are the same ones blaming the loss on Hoyer and Stidham. They don't realize that Harry's production was more of a direct result from Poor QB play than it was from poor play on his part.

I like Harry a lot, but I've tempered my expectations. I think he'll make a fine #3 receiver, but its hard to predict/expect he'll make any substantial jump from here.
He is a #2 or #3. I think ideally a #3 right now who can develop into a #2.

And in a pass happy offense he would have 300+ yards. Just raw numbers don't tell the story.

He is a Belichick drafted WR that is on an NFL roster after 1 season.
Doesn’t that alone put him in the Patriots Hall of Fame?;)

interesting article but what is the comparison to Harry?
The comparison is they seem to be taking a similar path in NFL. Both 1st round picks, similar skillsets, similar build, both struggle with separation. it took Parker until his contract year to put up pro-bowl worthy numbers. Hopefully it doesn't take Harry that long, but if it does oh well.

Im no analyst but slowly but surely he seems to be coming along.

I have seen enough. I don't feel that Harry has it in him to be a good, only fair, not a great receiver. For me, it is time to release him one way or another. The experiment is over. OVER Bye Harry

I have seen enough. I don't feel that Harry has it in him to be a good, only fair, not a great receiver. For me, it is time to release him one way or another. The experiment is over. OVER Bye Harry
I agree he isn't that good but there is absolutely no way they can release him.

Harry will never be a #1, or even a #2. A bust without a doubt when his draft position is considered.

This just isn't rational.

Despite his lack of production, Harry got 50+ snaps yesterday second to Byrd again but way more than any other WR. So the coaches are seeing something many here do not. Will be interesting to see if that changes next week.

Despite his lack of production, Harry got 50+ snaps yesterday second to Byrd again but way more than any other WR. So the coaches are seeing something many here do not. Will be interesting to see if that changes next week.
Same coaches that saw something in Hoyer to start him at Arrowhead? These coaches are overthinking some of these positional groups.

That will be harsh, he is not a 1 or a 2. Borderline 3. But can be a serviceable 4 or 5 WR.

Harry has made short strides between this year and last... I like him, and i hope he does well for the Pats... however, at this point, will anyone be surprised if the fifth year option is not exercised? Honestly I'd be more surprised if it was exercised...

There is some raw talent there, but there should have been greater improvements than we've seen so far to date... Hopefully that will change... but if it is going to change, its on N'Keal Harry to make those changes, no one else... he has to practice harder, work harder, work longer, work smarter than he currently has been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back