PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Folk back (will be official tomorrow as reported by Rapaport)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Folk, there's no way he's kicking this soon after an appendectomy. I'm not an expert, but having had one (and my daughter had one a few years ago), that's a minimum of a few weeks of healing, if not a little longer. Especially since I believe he's a right-legged kicker. I was initially surprised when I first read it and the fact Rapoport has updated that Folk might not be ready yet definitely makes more sense.
There was an NHL player that returned like a week later. I had one and can’t believe he did it.

There was an NHL player that returned like a week later. I had one and can’t believe he did it.

Not that football players aren't tough, but hockey players are certifiably insane. I think it was Gregory Campbell of the Bruins who played with a broken leg? Like, not recovering from one, he broke it and finished the game. And Bergeron played with a punctured lung. And those are just examples from one team, that kind of thing happens all over that league. Beautiful nutjobs, the lot of 'em.

Reactions: Ian
No kicker spotted at today's practice...looks like they will have to go with Bailey this Sunday

It's absolutely ridiculous that the Patriots have put themselves in a position where
we are talking about things like this. The other kickers who are out there may be the
dregs but at least they have kicked in college and/or professional football. Bailey
hasn't kicked a field goal since high school.
I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t signed anyone either honestly....there’s a few out there ....maybe they were banking on Folk....not sure what they saw in him either tho that was that great!

Wow, really? I hadn't heard that. And you're right - especially since you've also been through it - that is absolutely pretty crazy :eek:

Maybe Belichick just saw the Dark Knight Rises, and is using this as his "Make the climb... without the rope." moment.

"If you want to succeed this year, Tom, you'll need to trust these kids. So run the offense... without a kicker. Then touchdowns will find you again."

Isn't Bailey the holder?

This should be a good trick.

Regarding Folk, there's no way he's kicking this soon after an appendectomy. I'm not an expert, but having had one (and my daughter had one a few years ago), that's a minimum of a few weeks of healing, if not a little longer. Especially since I believe he's a right-legged kicker. I was initially surprised when I first read it and the fact Rapoport has updated that Folk might not be ready yet definitely makes more sense.
Did you guys have a laproscopic one, though?

Last edited:
I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t signed anyone either honestly....there’s a few out there ....maybe they were banking on Folk....not sure what they saw in him either tho that was that great!
I'm surprised that with Folk a no-go and McGlaughlin claimed that they didn't re-sign Forbath. He's not good, but it's hard to imagine Bailey will be better (especially with a green holder).

Anyone see any reports of Stidham getting reps as a holder?

Never had an appendectomy...so speaking out of my arse here...but a hockey player is on skates....well protected with his hips/pants thingy....and doesn't twist his torso too much (unless shooting the puck)....a kicker needs to twist his torso more to kick a ball....

Never had an appendectomy...so speaking out of my arse here...but a hockey player is on skates....well protected with his hips/pants thingy....and doesn't twist his torso too much (unless shooting the puck)....a kicker needs to twist his torso more to kick a ball....
I don't think there's much risk to re-injure, it's just a pain threshold thing.

Anyone see any reports of Stidham getting reps as a holder?
Hmmm.... That will be interesting in setting up fake plays, I hope they are working on fakes FGs throughout the week. Stidham to Meyer... TD....

Are you in a room low on oxygen?

download.jpg

The Patriots just signed a new kicker......Einhorn!

Did you guys have a laproscopic one, though?
I didn't, but my daughter did. She took about 2 weeks before she felt better. It would just be surprising for an NFL player to come back that fast but, as Belichick has said, "I'm not a doctor" :cool:

I didn't, but my daughter did. She took about 2 weeks before she felt better. It would just be surprising for an NFL player to come back that fast but, as Belichick has said, "I'm not a doctor" :cool:
But your daughter (thankfully!) isn't being shot full of toradol, etc., etc.

and doesn't twist his torso too much

As a former hockey player myself who's had lower back issues, I can say with some certainty that this is hilariously false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST