PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice intramural rivalry

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I like this attitude. Especially the way it puts Parker on notice. It does point out that any receiver drafted or picked up in free agency is going to have to compete for targets as well as catches. I’m hoping that the new OC opens things up for Mac enough to keep them all fed. Could that be possible?

“1k each for me and my dog?” Bourne wrote, tagging Meyers. “What y’all think?!!”
DeVante Parker commented: “Just save me some and we good.”

Patriots' Kendrick Bourne Sets Lofty 2022 Goal For Himself, Jakobi Meyers

I like Bourne a lot. I think he's motivated and has an energy that we really need in that room. Meyers is solid, but not really the hype guy. I think it's good to have a charismatic voice in the WR corp. I can't wait to see how this WR group looks this season - with Parker and perhaps one of these draft picks.

I definitely think we'll throw more this year than last, simply because Mac is in year 2 and we (theoretically) won't have another weather day that makes throwing it 3 times palatable.

But these are the only recent (somewhat) years when we've had two 1000 yard receivers:

2017 - Gronk and Cooks
2011 - Gronk and Welker
2009 - Moss and Welker
2008 - Moss and Welker
2007 - Moss and Welker

And that's with Tom Brady. It's just not a thing consistently in this offense. And with five guys getting consistent looks (Meyers, Bourne, Agholor, Parker, Henry) plus Smith and White, it's much more likely we end up with three or four 800 yard guys than multiple 1000's.

Still, love the enthusiasm! Bourne is becoming a favorite of mine.

I’ve loved KB since his enthusiasm stood out in the summer seasons last year, even before his first training camp with the team. Nothing since has diminished that, only enhanced it. I’d love to see the coming season be his breakout year.

I want it to be like Oprah to the Pats WRs:

"You get a 1,000 yard! You get a 1,000 yards! You get a 1,000 yards!"

willj-oprah.gif

I’m hoping that the new OC opens things up for Mac
"New OC" ?
Has Bill already abandoned his Failed Head Coaches On Consultants Wages Committee Charged With Offensive Coordination ?

"New OC" ?
Has Bill already abandoned his Failed Head Coaches On Consultants Wages Committee Charged With Offensive Coordination ?
OC = Organization-wide Committee

Notice anything about those years?

No rings. Just sayin'. ;)
Whenever I see a post like this, I have to remind myself that the average team wins 1 super bowl every 32 years.

Moss and Welker deserved a championship more than any wr duo ever.

Whenever I see a post like this, I have to remind myself that the average team wins 1 super bowl every 32 years.

Moss and Welker deserved a championship more than any wr duo ever.
Parker and Bourne deserve one more lol

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back