PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's Integrity* on display again: league hid $100M+ from players to keep salary cap down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised.

Ah the continued trend of the NFL pissing in the players' faces continues. At this point a video of Rog and gang pissing in the Gatorade wouldn't surprise me. Nothing like spending 10M on one front to exercise you're authority to suspend a player for no reason while trying to cheat the players out of 50M on another. Enjoy the work stoppage douchbags.

That seems like an obscene amount of money to hide from an entire league of players.... and Goodell makes a third, check that, a fourth of that.

This is a big deal. It undermines the foundation of the partnership between the owners and the players that makes possible the NFL as structured .

Agreed, this is yet another reason why I think the next CBA negotiation is going to lead to a work stoppage. And it should; this would be probably the first work stoppage where I would assign 100% of the blame to one side, and would have nothing but sympathy for the other.

The NFL was pretty clearly acting in bad faith and trampling all over the players even before this. At this point, the players have no incentive to extend any trust whatsoever to the league. The union is pretty much obligated to assume that at every possible opportunity the NFL is trying to cheat its way into getting whatever it wants.

This is a big deal. It undermines the foundation of the partnership between the owners and the players that makes possible the NFL as structured .
There is no partnership. The owners are doing everything they can to screw the players. They lie, they hide money they conduct with hunts (ironically vs the named plaintiff when the Nflpa sued) and when there is labor strife they wait until the players buckle which they always will.
The NFLs primary ENEMY is the players.

Lol so will Kraft bail them out again during the inevitable lockout?

Anyone who sides against the players during the inevitable strike/lockout after the CBA expires is terrible.
Given the past I would expect that's true but it depends on how that negotiation goes.

Hey Rog, great job in stealing that $120 million from the players.

image.png

This isn't the first time the NFL has shorted the NFLPA on revenue. When Goodell and the NFL owners were preparing for their lockout they negotiated tv deals for less total money in exchange for lockout insurance. Doty ruled against them in that one. The owners almost got paid for locking the players out.

NFL Lockout: Judge David Doty Reverses Stephen Burbank's TV Contracts Decision

Goodell is an uber-douchebag. In fact, if he was German,he'd be an uber-Deutschebag, but that's another story.

Goodell and his gang of NFL thug monkeys need some comeuppance,and in a big and highly-visible way. My choice would be to let the good judge who will be ruling on the DeflateGate case have agood look at this situation, and
let it be (unofficially) lumped in with all the other Integrity* evidence he's seen to date. After all, he was none-to-happy with the stories being spun by Webb and the rest of the Front Office band of pirates. He might well decide he's had enough of the NFL front office brand of Integrity* and want to do something about it. Judge Berman becoming Judge Karma would be anice thing, in my book. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick