PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA files motion to vacate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Goodell has just hung himself.

Is it possible that Pash has seen this an opportunity to get Goodell removed so that he can take his place?

The thought has crossed my mind occasionally. Wasn't Pash one of the few people being concidered for commissioner? Wouldn't that be the cherry on top...

Was this a foregone conclusion? No one was giving in & let's both go before the judge on 8/12? In light of all the bad PR for Goodell I was really hoping he'd be contrite & withdraw the suspension...wishful thinking I know

I'm cool with knowing that a settlement ain't likely. The tides have already turned against Goodell, might as well go for it all.

If Brady loses? It sucks he misses four games. But the media won't be able to remark about how Brady is "admitting guilt" via settlement. Goodell comes out of it lying sack of crap regardless.

If Brady wins? Awww yeaaaa!

I'm sick of the media speculation. "I still think he'll take one game". Idiots.

These two points could be big if they go to trial (with my two classes of business law in grad school expertiese):

Brady Memo of Law: Point 3(B) --"Goodell Denied Brady Access to Investigative Files Available to NFL Counsel"

Brady Memo of Law: Point 3(C) --"Goodell Denied Brady the Right to Question Co-Lead Investigator Pash"

These will be the two points that could get Judge Berman to force the NFL to turn over all the discovery in the Wells Report and all communications between Wells and Pash regarding the case and different versions of the Wells report (pre and post Pash's "worsdsmithing"). If he does, the League has to decide whether to turn over the material and risk getting exposed of a witch hunt and manufacturing evidence or claim attorney-client privilege and be called hypocrites by the media since Brady was punished for not turning over information because he legally didn't have to and the independent Wells Report is proven not independent at all.

Last edited:
The thought has crossed my mind occasionally. Wasn't Pash one of the few people being concidered for commissioner? Wouldn't that be the cherry on top...

Yes he was being considered for commissioner. I am not sure what his salary is now but 44 million might be a nice incentive to throw Roger under the bus.

Wait did Bradys side file something today or did nfl file something too?

if pash was involed (like it appears) i don't think the majority of owners would want to hire someone that might possibly drag the league through one scandal after another like goodell.

Last edited:
I don't understand what this means. Are they basically just saying the settlement isn't happening, and we want a decision all or nothing?

These two points could be big if they go to trial (with my two classes of business law in grad school expertiese):

These will be the two points that could get Judge Berman to force the NFL to turn over all the discovery in the Wells Report and all communications between Wells and Pash regarding the case and different versions of the Wells report (pre and post Pash's "worsdsmithing"). If he does, the League has to decide whether to turn over the material and risk getting exposed or claim attorney-client privilege and be called hypocrites by the media.

You've posted the same point twice. FYI

What was the second one? Or did I miss something.

You've posted the same point twice. FYI

What was the second one? Or did I miss something.

Sorry, I fixed it. But this is the one I didn't post originally:

Brady Memo of Law: Point 3(C) --"Goodell Denied Brady the Right to Question Co-Lead Investigator Pash"

I am sure the explanation below this point is that Kessler wanted to question Pash about what he edited in the Wells Report. Which would open the door to communications between Wells and Pash and drafts of the Wells Report.

I don't understand what this means. Are they basically just saying the settlement isn't happening, and we want a decision all or nothing?

No. These arguments were going to be filed today no matter how the negotiations were going. Today was the deadline.

Odds are they won't settle unless one side caves completely, but this really doesn't tell us anything.

I like this. Brady's going all-in. I feel like Berman is on his side, enough to at least vacate the punishment and send it to a truly neutral arbiter, but perhaps he will even vacate it altogether.

Even if Brady loses and Berman simply gives Goodell a stern talking-to, I'll be okay with it. Brady did what he could, and Goodell's reputation is already starting to be destroyed. I think he's fired by next offseason.

I like this. Brady's going all-in. I feel like Berman is on his side, enough to at least vacate the punishment and send it to a truly neutral arbiter, but perhaps he will even vacate it altogether.

Even if Brady loses and Berman simply gives Goodell a stern talking-to, I'll be okay with it. Brady did what he could, and Goodell's reputation is already starting to be destroyed. I think he's fired by next offseason.

brady must win..the country already thinks brady's a cheat.
the new thing will be " oh, now even a federal judge thinks brady's guilty " even though this is simply about the process/cba. i'll just avoid the media all together if tom fails.

better luck in the circuit courts legal experts???

Well, we finally know why the rumors of why the Rice case was involved in the NFLPA's argument and why they wanted Judge Doty.

Can anyone explain this to us non-lawyers

:( out of my element here as a medical student (I did my part during the IGL part of this fiasco :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST