PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Weekly Picks Contest For Week 12 Thread

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We're on to Week 12:

Don't forget, with the holiday there are three games on Thursday so make sure to at least get those picks done as soon as you can to make sure you're eligible for this week's contest. :)

There is one game and 2 massive turkeys posing as games.

Houston/ Detroit
Washington/Dallas

Too bad Covid has wrecked the nice Turkey night matchup

Question about the picks:

How do some people have more wins than others. For instance, I've picked every week, but have two more loses than the leader, but they have 5 more wins. The second leader has same amount of losses but two more wins. The 5th place has one more win than me, but 3 more losses.

How do some people have more wins than others. For instance, I've picked every week, but have two more loses than the leader, but they have 5 more wins. The second leader has same amount of losses but two more wins. The 5th place has one more win than me, but 3 more losses.

I think people have missed games. I know one week I forgot to do picks until Friday, so I missed the Thursday game.

How do you even see the standings? I've never been able to find them.

Reactions: Ian
How do you even see the standings? I've never been able to find them.
Click on the 3 white bars next to PatsFans.com on the upper left. Scroll down to NFL Picks Contest and click that. You'll then see Season Standings.

Last edited:
I think people have missed games. I know one week I forgot to do picks until Friday, so I missed the Thursday game.
I'm going to double check, but I'm sure I picked every game every week.

Update: I've picked each game every week. There must be a glitch in the win/loss totals.

I'm going to double check, but I'm sure I picked every game every week.

Update: I've picked each game every week. There must be a glitch in the win/loss totals.
I’ll look into this. However, missed games are automatically marked as a loss when you click the hourglass on the weekly results (if that game is marked in red) but isn’t always reflected in the total. But I’ll go through and look to see exactly where the discrepancy is and I’ll follow up tonight.

If I don't win this week, I am going to release the Kraken.

2-0 Turkey Day.

Kind of surprised at how many people picked the Jerry's to win.

I've had the same issue. I know I picked in all the games, but I'm missing a handful.

Wrong thread

I haven't updated this week yet, but I'll have that done shortly. However, I just completely re-coded how the games are compiled due to the fact a few of the records were off after games were rescheduled, duplicated, etc. The records have all been updated.

A few things:

1) Any games you've missed are now listed and counted in the overall rankings. You'll see it in the weekly/season rankings pages, which have been updated. Missing games simply go against the loss total, although they're broken out purely for transparency so you can see if you do have any games that weren't picked.

That total is listed and when you go back through any of the previous weeks and see a week where you've missed a game or games, you can click on the magnifying glass, which shows your selections. Missing games are shown in yellow.

Otherwise, here are the full standings, which now has rankings:

Here are each of the weeks:

Week 11:

Week 10
:

Week 9:

Week 8:

Week 7:

Week 6:

Week 5:

Week 4:

Week 3:

Week 2:

Week 1:

I've had the same issue. I know I picked in all the games, but I'm missing a handful.
After putting this together, if you check, you're not among anyone missing any games and @TheRainMaker isn't missing any either. :D

Last edited:
However, I just completely re-coded how the games are compiled due to the fact a few of the records were off after games were rescheduled, duplicated, etc. The records have all been updated.
Looks good now.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back