PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 6: Other Games

I’ve never seen a team with a chance to win a game in the last two minutes show less urgency than the Chargers right now. What a poorly coached team.

Zion Johnson at RG has 3 holding penalties tonight. That would be the OG taken 12 picks before Cole Strange. Strange has no penalties (from what I can see online) so far in 6 games. Need I say …

Last edited:
I’ve never seen a team with a chance to win a game in the last two minutes show less urgency than the Chargers right now. What a poorly coached team.
They had three timeouts with ~2:20 left and ran out of time, waiting from 11 seconds until 1 second left to call their first timeout (leaving 2 unused) for a hail Mary.

How do you run out of time to get into field goal range with three timeouts, and how do you not use one with 11 seconds left at your own 40 to try to get in range for a field goal.

Amazing play, no way Staley coached them to do that.

Whelp, back to Zappe or Mac talk.

Broncos Defense is legit.

If their offense can get something going they can be dangerous. Big IF

Staley was bailed out by Cleveland's offense and kicker last week after a boneheaded decision. But I think it's very possible he keeps the Chargers out of the playoffs again

Staley's a ****ing idiot... He absolutely will indeed keep his team out of the POs... Let's hope ownership fires him when it happens this time, like it should've done last year.

Zion Johnson at RG has 3 holding penalties tonight. That would be the OG taken 12 picks before Cole Strange. Strange has no penalties (from what I can see online) so far in 6 games. Need I say …
Real Strange. :)

Whelp, back to Zappe or Mac talk.

I'll throw a little wrinkle into the Zappe/Mac talk. I bet Broncos fans would rather have either Mac or Zappe than Russell Wilson and his $240 million salary ($160 million guaranteed) along with having to give up two firsts, two seconds, a fifth, and a bunch of players for him. The Broncos gave up elite status compensation to the Seahawks for Wilson and the paid Wilson elite QB money and in return they got a solid top 20 quality QB.

Anyone watching this game? JC Jackson looks amazing. NOT!!

Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

Why is he having such a hard time this year? I have watched QBs go at him at will. Is he still injured? Every WR against him looks like Diggs out there.
My guess is he's being mis-used. JC is more akin to Brandon Browner than Stephon Gilmore. He is a great number 2 but struggles with elite athleticism. BB did an excellent job managing much the way he did Browner. My guess is he's being miscast as a true shut-down corner, which isn't quite the truth.

My guess is he's being mis-used. JC is more akin to Brandon Browner than Stephon Gilmore. He is a great number 2 but struggles with elite athleticism. BB did an excellent job managing much the way he did Browner. My guess is he's being miscast as a true shut-down corner, which isn't quite the truth.

One thing Bill does better than most, especially for defensive players, is study what somebody does/doesn't do well, and tailor a package of duties best-suited for him based on that knowledge... HCs with their eyes stuck to their play sheet on the sidelines like Staley don't remove them often enough to see what's happening on the actual field of play because they're too busy conversing with their anal-ytics gweeps upstairs to notice...

Staley's a ****ing idiot... He absolutely will indeed keep his team out of the POs... Let's hope ownership fires him when it happens this time, like it should've done last year.

Actually i hope he stays their coach for a long time lol one less afc team to worry about

I'll throw a little wrinkle into the Zappe/Mac talk. I bet Broncos fans would rather have either Mac or Zappe than Russell Wilson and his $240 million salary ($160 million guaranteed) along with having to give up two firsts, two seconds, a fifth, and a bunch of players for him. The Broncos gave up elite status compensation to the Seahawks for Wilson and the paid Wilson elite QB money and in return they got a solid top 20 quality QB.

Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What they gave up that much??:eek: Who the Bronco's GM the account for Enron??

Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What they gave up that much??:eek: Who the Bronco's GM the account for Enron??

And the Waltons didn't hire Paton and Hackett...... those two can be fired, but Wilson can't be cut/traded....ouch!

Sure-fire HoFer Herbert won again ! It was late so I didn’t watch the second half. But, an OT win vs Russell Wilson ? He must’ve had a helluva game ! I bet he sealed his HoF candidacy for sure !

Actually i hope he stays their coach for a long time lol one less afc team to worry about

Normally I'd agree with that thinking, but I want KC to have as much competition in their division as possible... Unfortunately, 2 of those 3 "competitors" are coached by ****ing idiots, and poor Skippy can't seem to buy a win...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back