PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 3: Other games

WRONG…AGAIN. Unlike “Go negative or go home” (or go the Brady forum) haters like you, the reasonable fans here have been saying “Can we maybe watch them play in a few games before we say that Bill made a UUUUGE mistake taking Thornton over Pickens/Moore/Pierce. Is that too much to ask?”

I was a great catch by Pickens. It also means jack sh*t in the grand scheme of things.

Show me a post by anyone here between day 2 of the draft and today in which it is declared that Thornton is better than any of those other 2nd round WRs. I’ll wait….

Spoiler alert: You won’t find one, because the only posters who make those declarations before players play their first NFL snaps are miserable pukes like you making negative comments about a player whom BB drafted or signed. The rest of us are hopeful about Thornton based upon his play in training camp but are not making any definitive statements about him.

PS. Nice cropping job on your meme. You must be taking editing lessons from Chris.
You mad bro?

Oh look..a Browns TD...gee golly whiz..anyone think this affects the betting on this game?..and please...no more Pats fans blabbing about what a great coach Tomlin is...he's an IDIOT...deosn't even know the rules...Trippin' Mike The Moron

I had already changed the channel, so I had no idea that Any of this happened until one of my smoking buds called with the final score... I didn't think that Chubb had made the 1st down anyway, though I still didn't think that the lousy, always-defer-to-the-offense spot would be over-turned... My bud also had to play the game with the over/under at 40, so the final went from a push to the over... Hmmm...

One catch by Pickens

That's the thing. Everything he does gonna be magnified because Pats picked Thornton over him.

But it's debatable because if the Pats never traded up who is to say the team that has Thornton's college WR coach and the guy that recruited him to Baylor as their WR coach wouldn't have drafted him

I was happy to be wrong about the ugliness of the game and thinking Pittsburgh wins. Brissett played a heck of a game as did the browns OL. They may actually make a serious playoff run if that keeps up, but d looks questionable. If cle didn’t dominate TOP theyd have given up over 20 pts to mitch trubisky

When we played Pitt last week, their wide receivers did nothing though...didn't even notice they were playing except for maybe Johnson.
You know that doesn't matter. What matters is that Pickens said he was open 90% of the time. Also, it's funny since besides that catch, he had 2 recs for 3 yds. That being said, if he keeps his head on straight, he's gonna be really good. (Also - not sure why people keep saying we should've drafted this guy - if you think Bourne's having trouble getting on the field right now due to extracurriculars, Georgie would probably never make it. He reeks non-PTP.)

I am never gonna gainsay the Michel pick because he was a huge part in getting us a ring. Michel faded after that year but he still scored the only touchdown in SB53 and that all by itself is worth a low first IMHO..

Happy to see old friend Brissett have himself his best NFL game ever, last night, and beating the Squealers at the same time.
Those of you who know me know I've always been a fan of JB7. He's not an overwhelmingly talented guy but he's got the right attitude, plays fundamentally sound football, and manages a good game.

Picking up Brissett is the smartest thing the Browns have done in awhile because he is an EXACT fit for their offensive style as a patient, intelligent QB who manages the clock like a professional, doesn't give the ball away, and is a strong leader on the field. Better arm mechanics than I remember too, clearly that's been a point of emphasis for him. He was definitely putting the ball exactly where he wanted it for most of that game.

It's enough to make a feller wonder, especially with Mac Jones continuing to have issues with his own mechanics.

BTW as weird as it looked that flea-fi-fo-fum-flicker that wound up in Hunt's hands was a very good sign because that was a lot of moving parts playing their assignments correctly, including the lead blockers being in position to help Hunt over the line. The ability to run a play that complicated and get it done means that the browns are communicating well on the field and #7 is going to have had a lot to do with why that was the case, especially because he touched the ball twice during the play.

Agholor 6 rec 110 yards
Meyers 9 rec 95 yards

Cooper 7 rec 101 yards
Njoku 9 rec 89 yards

Not sure what you are complaing about.

People on here malded all offseason about Agholor not being involved more. His best/biggest game as a Pat and people complaining about TE targets.

Pats won the game btw

Yeah, but we are paying 100 million for those two TE's. And they really can help us move the ball and set up Algholor/Meyers for more success, IMO.

Yeah, but we are paying 100 million for those two TE's. And they really can help us move the ball and set up Algholor/Meyers for more success, IMO.
What can I say, but IT's BEEN TWO GAMES!!!!!!.....

.....in a 17 game season. But here we are after 2 games where we held the "best QB in the NFL" to 200 yds passing. :rolleyes: and beat a Steeler team (again) whose coach is being lauded as one of the best of all time. It means nothing. I would be happy to be 4-4 with the team looking like it is on its way to being better in the 2nd half of the season. The end result is what matters.

The hew and cry we constantly is starting to just get boring and more easy to tune out. It's kind of like a background noise. It only takes about a half a sentence before you know exactly what the next few paragraph will say, so you can quickly skip it so you can get to a post with actual SUBSTANCE.

When we played Pitt last week, their wide receivers did nothing though...didn't even notice they were playing except for maybe Johnson.
Ash why do you think that is? They have the worst starting qb in the nfl, maybe one of the worst draft busts of the decade

Also our defense is very good one of the best in the nfl

The more Pickens talks, the more he seems like an arrogant dink (not unlike Chase “I am a top 3 WR in the league” Claypool). Many of the same people who consistently bashed Harry even before he had a chance to succeed or fail have been beating the “How could the Pats take Thornton over Pickens! Another WR fail by Bill!” drum. These guys have been very quiet with Pickens slow start (not to mention Moore and Pierce, two other guys the Patsfans NFL draft “experts” wanted over Thornton and who have been about as productive as Thornton so far).

Before these posters try to beat their chests because of one great pushoff and catch by Pickens (or not, as others have pointer out) in a losing effort, I’d like to remind them about this.

View attachment 45634
Can you blame them? Patriots fans have the right to be insecure about BBs ability to draft WRs given his track history of abominations

Aaron Dobson > Keenan Allen
Nkeal Harriet > AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel
Brandon Tate
Taylor Price
Josh Boyce
Chad Jackson

What can I say, but IT's BEEN TWO GAMES!!!!!!.....

.....in a 17 game season. But here we are after 2 games where we held the "best QB in the NFL" to 200 yds passing. :rolleyes: and beat a Steeler team (again) whose coach is being lauded as one of the best of all time. It means nothing. I would be happy to be 4-4 with the team looking like it is on its way to being better in the 2nd half of the season. The end result is what matters.

The hew and cry we constantly is starting to just get boring and more easy to tune out. It's kind of like a background noise. It only takes about a half a sentence before you know exactly what the next few paragraph will say, so you can quickly skip it so you can get to a post with actual SUBSTANCE.

No problem with the defense nor the OL/WR's....but I like a 2 TE offense and seeing Smith/Henry involved. I feel that using these two guys will open things up further on offense.

It is one of the reasons I was disappointed that BB didn't hire Bill O'Brien....loved his 2 TE offenses from the early 2010's.

Wasn't even a catch. If you watch again he first touches it with his right hand but gets up and it's in his left hand.

View attachment 45632

Ground definitely helped him hold on which by rule is incomplete.

Also he committed blatant OPI
Not if his arm is under it when he hits the ground.

No problem with the defense nor the OL/WR's....but I like a 2 TE offense and seeing Smith/Henry involved. I feel that using these two guys will open things up further on offense.

It is one of the reasons I was disappointed that BB didn't hire Bill O'Brien....loved his 2 TE offenses from the early 2010's.
H, I wasn't criticizing your pointing out the need for the TE's to become more active in our offense, just that it's so early to be complaining. The TE's absolutely need to be a necessary part of the offense and this week just MIGHT be their coming out party.

As for hiring BOB, I was also on this bandwagon, BUT OBrien made a 2 year commitment to Saban and that was that. Next year WILL be interesting especially if the Pats offense is decent to good. In my ideal world, BOB gets the OC job. Matt continues as OL coach, or moves up to GM, which I think is his ultimate goal, and Judge stays where he is.

Within this discussion, the one thing that stood out during this entire 20 year era of success has been CONTINUITY. Coaches may have come and gone, but the culture, semantics, and direction have always been the same.

Nice breakdown by Vick.

You mad bro?

You be sure to let me know when you find that post here stating that Thornton is better than Pickens, bro. Once again, you are full of sh*t.

JC Jackson really living up to his contract so far

Inactive Week 1 (injured)
Burnt by KC's 5th WR for a TD which had a big hand in the loss Week 2
Listed as Doubtful Week 3

Last edited:
You be sure to let me know when you find that post here stating that Thornton is better than Pickens, bro. Once again, you are full of sh*t.
You don’t think Thornton will be (what @venecol actually said) a better receiver than Pickens? You sure have seemed to hint at it multiple times, with this example being the most glaringly obvious…

1664023369680.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back