PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 3: Other games

Oh look..a Browns TD...gee golly whiz..anyone think this affects the betting on this game?

I don't understand, can you expand on that? The 6 from that final play TD didn't have any impact I can discern. Cleveland already had the -4.5 covered at 23-17 and the 38 point o/u was in the bag as well. What am I not seeing?

I don't understand, can you expand on that? The 6 from that final play TD didn't have any impact I can discern. Cleveland already had the -4.5 covered at 23-17 and the 38 point o/u was in the bag as well. What am I not seeing?
the members here that posted their bets with Steelers getting ten points...they would have won that teaser BUT...4 seconds later...POOF!

the members here that posted their bets with Steelers getting ten points...they would have won that teaser BUT...4 seconds later...POOF!

Thanks. I had Cle and the over so I was confused by the post

Njoku killing it here and we couldn't attempt more than 3 passed to our TEs?

Agholor 6 rec 110 yards
Meyers 9 rec 95 yards

Cooper 7 rec 101 yards
Njoku 9 rec 89 yards

Not sure what you are complaing about.

People on here malded all offseason about Agholor not being involved more. His best/biggest game as a Pat and people complaining about TE targets.

Pats won the game btw

steelers really gonna lose to 3 Pats drafted QBs this year

L vs Mac
L vs Jacoby
Week 6 vs Tom

Good i'm gonna love using that stat to steelers fans. Now I wish steelers played the 49ers as their 17th game instead of the eagles so they would lose to Jimmy too..

Happy to see old friend Brissett have himself his best NFL game ever, last night, and beating the Squealers at the same time.

Agholor 6 rec 110 yards
Meyers 9 rec 95 yards

Cooper 7 rec 101 yards
Njoku 9 rec 89 yards

Not sure what you are complaing about.

People on here malded all offseason about Agholor not being involved more. His best/biggest game as a Pat and people complaining about TE targets.

Pats won the game btw
Asking some people here not to complain is akin to taking oxygen away from them. They NEED to do it.

Happy to see old friend Brissett have himself his best NFL game ever, last night, and beating the Squealers at the same time.
He’s had years to develop since his rookie year and this is the best situation he’s had to start. His defining trait is that he protects the ball, which besides having played in our offensive system in college and Brady being suspended four games was the reason the Pats drafted him.

The big difference in last night’s game was the Brown’s OLine and the Steelers lack of one.

You think our WR scouts are as good as Pittsburghs? No way lol
When we played Pitt last week, their wide receivers did nothing though...didn't even notice they were playing except for maybe Johnson.

When we played Pitt last week, their wide receivers did nothing though...didn't even notice they were playing except for maybe Johnson.
Tyreek and Waddle did next to nothing the week prior, one fluke broken coverage where our two defenders collided led to their only offensive TD… otherwise they had 200 yard passing yards.

For whatever reason Pats fans vastly overrate Pittsburgh weapons. One catch by Pickens isn’t getting him into the HOF.

Tyreek and Waddle did next to nothing the week prior, one fluke broken coverage where our two defenders collided led to their only offensive TD… otherwise they had 200 yard passing yards.

For whatever reason Pats fans vastly overrate Pittsburgh weapons. One catch by Pickens isn’t getting him into the HOF.
I still think Thornton has the upside to be one one of the best receivers in this draft.
I’m going to say between him, Sky Moore, and we haven’t seen Jameson Williams yet.

I still think Thornton has the upside to be one one of the best receivers in this draft.
I’m going to say between him, Sky Moore, and we haven’t seen Jameson Williams yet.
Agreed. Hopefully by the time he comes back this offense will have the kinks worked out, they’ll be more consistent and have better rhythm.

The more Pickens talks, the more he seems like an arrogant dink (not unlike Chase “I am a top 3 WR in the league” Claypool). Many of the same people who consistently bashed Harry even before he had a chance to succeed or fail have been beating the “How could the Pats take Thornton over Pickens! Another WR fail by Bill!” drum. These guys have been very quiet with Pickens slow start (not to mention Moore and Pierce, two other guys the Patsfans NFL draft “experts” wanted over Thornton and who have been about as productive as Thornton so far).

Before these posters try to beat their chests because of one great pushoff and catch by Pickens (or not, as others have pointer out) in a losing effort, I’d like to remind them about this.

EC03E5CF-58BD-4CA7-AEE1-7D34984E5559.jpeg

Last edited:
Everyone: The Pickens catch was a beauty.

ReAlPaTsFaNs: no it wasn't. he pushed off. it was incomplete. he's just like Harry. Thornton (who hasn't played an NFL snap) will be better. Wah, wah, wah.

a9ae77d59fa4581e036a80eff8262ca3.jpg

Everyone: The Pickens catch was a beauty.

ReAlPaTsFaNs: no it wasn't. he pushed off. it was incomplete. he's just like Harry. Thornton (who hasn't played an NFL snap) will be better. Wah, wah, wah.

View attachment 45635
WRONG…AGAIN. Unlike “Go negative or go home” (or go the Brady forum) haters like you, the reasonable fans here have been saying “Can we maybe watch them play in a few games before we say that Bill made a UUUUGE mistake taking Thornton over Pickens/Moore/Pierce. Is that too much to ask?”

I was a great catch by Pickens. It also means jack sh*t in the grand scheme of things.

Show me a post by anyone here between day 2 of the draft and today in which it is declared that Thornton is better than any of those other 2nd round WRs. I’ll wait….

Spoiler alert: You won’t find one, because the only posters who make those declarations before players play their first NFL snaps are miserable pukes like you making negative comments about a player whom BB drafted or signed. The rest of us are hopeful about Thornton based upon his play in training camp but are not making any definitive statements about him.

PS. Nice cropping job on your meme. You must be taking editing lessons from Chris.

That catch was awesome. I don't care what rEaL PaTriOTs fans say

Y'all would be creaming your pants if that play was made by a Patriots WR myself included

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back