PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 2 Games

Wow, Bridgewater got blasted!!!

He is not leading NO to consistent winning.
How much of it is him and how much of it is the OL? I haven't been watching consistently because I'm also watching KC/OAK.

This last drive he’s shown no awareness of developing pressure. Held the ball so long he should have expected pressure. (Bridgewater)

hard to see on TV, but is Gordon just not getting open? All the talk about how gifted he is, but I'm wondering if he lost a step. Last year he was noticeable slower than he was before the suspensions.

edit-sorry, wrong thread

Makes me realize how good our defense must be to hold this rams offense to 3 points

How much of it is him and how much of it is the OL? I haven't been watching consistently because I'm also watching KC/OAK.
Bit of both, obv, but I dunno if I’m ready to ride the BW Train any time soon.

Isn't Gruden supposed to be an offensive coach? How is it that OAK only has 10 points on the board against a KC defense that's supposed to be average at best?

Even in the games they lost, they still lost those games 40-43, 51-54, 28-29 and 31-38.

No one has been able to have a dominating victory over him yet. Every game has been a nail biter aside from maybe the Seattle game last year.

He makes his gaffes, but then makes up for it by striking 3 straight TD’s without blinking.

Dude is a cold, cold mf. Don't know how long it will last but nobody can deny how good he is right now.

Even in the games they lost, they still lost those games 40-43, 51-54, 28-29 and 31-38.

No one has been able to have a dominating victory over him yet. Every game has been a nail biter aside from maybe the Seattle game last year.

He makes his gaffes, but then makes up for it by striking 3 straight TD’s without blinking.

His passing touchdowns slowed considerably and they were shut out in the first half of the AFCCG until Reid adjusted. Reid is the brains of the operation, Mahomes is the muscle. He’s an extremely talented and accurate QB, but he’s not cerebral yet. You can see that at the line of scrimmage. People want to compare him to Brady and, IMO, he’s not close.

I'm still not sure how good some of these 2-0 teams truly are. Dallas beat thrash teams. Rams beat Carolina barely, and are winning against a backup QB. Ravens beat Dolphins & Cards. 49ers beat the Bucs and Bengals. A win is a win. But I'm not ready to declare any of those teams true SB contenders until the competition gets tougher. Heck the Bills are 2-0. But they barely beat the Jete & took out the Giants today. A few of these teams are going to be exposed when things get tougher.

To me there are two teams that are firmly SB contenders.

1. Pats
2. Chiefs

I think both are on a collision course to ultimately meet in the AFC title game again. Nothing has changed my mind on that.

I’d like to officially kill dead the notion I’ve heard here that the Saints would have won if we had faced them in last years Super Bowl. The Patriots defense this season has shown that its no fluke, more than capable of shutting down a two trick pony like the Saints O and a declining Brees. The Pats O would not have had to face Wade Phillips. It might’ve been a good game but I’d expect the Pats to come out on top.

Bridgewater is pretty good, but have never seen this star potential people claim he has.

I think he hit his ceiling almost immediately as a very good player who could theoretically ride a great roster to a Super Bowl but won't ever carry a team. The problem is the media/stupid teams seem to think any QB who puts in an average season automatically has MVP potential...not that Bridgewater has been paid handsomely yet. It's kind of a bummer, too, because he's a better guy than many who did get paid.

Isn't Gruden supposed to be an offensive coach? How is it that OAK only has 10 points on the board against a KC defense that's supposed to be average at best?

Because they have one of if not the youngest teams in the league? I'm surprised how competitive they have been through two weeks I thought they would be Miami-esq...well not quite that bad because Miami is historical...80's Tampa type level.

Because they have one of if not the youngest teams in the league? I'm surprised how competitive they have been through two weeks I thought they would be Miami-esq...well not quite that bad because Miami is historical...80's Tampa type level.
Gotcha. I know nothing about their roster really. I guess that makes it understandable.

Flacco was done last year, not sure if Elway was more desperate or more wishful thinking that Flacco had something left...but he does not.

Gotcha. I know nothing about their roster really. I guess that makes it understandable.

They have something like 12 rookies on the team.

Damm Kupp just went beastmode. What a play/rac

OMG, what a (edit) almost-TD by Kupp!

Could this be the year the cheeseheads go 13-3 or 12-4 and win the division? The Vikings had them but kirk cousins showed up. That guy’s terrible in the big spot. I had Chicago winning the division again but trubisky is freaking terrible.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back