PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 16 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the NFL postpones the game in PHI because of snow it's BS. They're just trying to make it so Vick doesn't ahve to play in the snow.,...absolute bs...Pats fans had to travel to FOXBORO in two feet of snow in the Miami snow globe game a few years back...I know, I was one of them. My typical 15 minute ride to the stadium took 1 1/2 hours...f#ck Goodell....

It's more of a public safety issue as you're never seen what constitutes snow removal (what they call it) in Philly. It will end up with cars stuck on the highway to rival the blizzard of 1978.......
They declared a state of emergency starting at 3 PM and it will be a cluster**** if they attempt to play this game, which I hope they do....

Sunday Night game is postponed to Tuesday @ 8pm on NBC.

Football Night in America will still be on 7-8:30pm tonight.

Peter King (SI_PeterKing) on Twitter

That's rough for the Eagles as they try to get the #2 seed. They have a short turn-around to their last game, Sunday at 1 pm, and they play the Cowboys, who played yesterday so the Cowboys will have 3 days of extra rest.

Sure, the Cowboys are awful, but on a short week against a rested division rival who would love to throw a wrench in the Eagles post-season, that'll be a tough game.

What's wrong with what I said? If the Jags or Colts lose today, Jets clinch.

If the three teams finish with the records I posted, Jets don't make playoffs.
You are absolutely correct Pete, and here is why.

For the Jets to not make the playoffs other team(s) would have to be a wildcard at 10-6 or better since the Jets already have ten wins.

KC could finish 11-5 or 10-6, but if they do then they win the AFCW; they have the tiebreaker over SD. Therefore the Chiefs cannot knock the Jets out of the playoffs.

SD could finish 10-6 but the Jets would have the tiebreaker (strength of victory) over them, so they can't knock the Jets out of the playoffs.

That leaves the 2nd place AFCN team (Steelers or Ravens) and 2nd place AFCS team (Colts or Jaguars). If the Jets and Steelers are tied then that means they have 11 wins, so the Jaguars or Colts could not be tied with them - and the Jets would be in the playoffs.

As for Baltimore the Ravens would take a two-way tiebreaker over the Jets - but would lose out on a 3-way tiebreaker with Jacksonville also included. However if it's only a two-way tiebreaker then the Jets are in: two wildcard teams.

There cannot be a 3-way tie including Indy because the Colts cannot be 10-6 and in a wildcard spot - because they win the AFCS over Jacksonville at 10-6.

So after all that, the only scenario where the Jets do not make the playoffs would be to finish with a record where Jacksonville can knock them out of a wildcard spot. For that to happen Jacksonville must go 2-0 - and for them to be a wildcard Indy must also go 2-0. Of course the Jets must go 0-2 as well for them to be tied at 10-6.

Bottom line is that for the Jets to miss the playoffs, they have to go 0-2, PLUS Indy goes 2-0, PLUS Jacksonville goes 2-0. A win by the Jets OR a loss by the Colts OR a loss by the Jaguars, and the Jets are in the playoffs.

Bumping to remind people about this topic, seems like the Patriots gamethread has more posts about the Jets game.

Well, I have to say MFC is getting it done in KC; they're up 20 on the Titans in the fourth quarter, and he's thrown 3 TDs without a pick.

Bumping to remind people about this topic, seems like the Patriots gamethread has more posts about the Jets game.

Guess it's just easier to stay on one thread.

So, if Jags lose: Do we just concede their season is over and root for Raiders to lose?

Mark sanchez-5 game wining TD in 4th quarter- T 2nd in the league :rolleyes:

bears may blow this considering the luck ny has all yr

Big first down Forte

hold these bastards off!

Mark sanchez-5 game wining TD in 4th quarter- T 2nd in the league :rolleyes:

That's because his team sucks, and they keep having to bail themselves out of s**tuations—many of which Sancheese puts them in.

Huge mishap by the Jets. Pick Sanchez off goddammit!

That's because his team sucks, and they keep having to bail themselves out of s**tuations—many of which Sancheese puts them in.

:rofl:

Come on Bears, don't suck for the next minute.

Last edited:
Guess it's just easier to stay on one thread.

So, if Jags lose: Do we just concede their season is over and root for Raiders to lose?

Well, if the Jags win next week and the Colts lose, they can still win the division.

Not likely, but still possible.

49ers lose, NFC West winner will be at least 8-8.

Jags/Redskins tied up. COME ON JAGS!

i need a link to live feed of jets game!!

Pick by the Bears!

Thats what I'm talking about. Always count on the dirty sanchez to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes