PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 15 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have really bad feeling about this game right now .the pitt dont really look good to beat the jets

we control our fate, that is all I care about. Who gives a damn how hard the road is, our opponents aren't changing. Too root for the Jest* is a sin unless its a must.

Agreed. I want to see the Jets fall out of the playoffs because that would be sweet after all the preseason Super Bowl talk.

that will kill this drive :mad:

I don't know if we have the tiebreaker with the Jets if the Pats lose to either the Dolphins or Bills. Right now the Pats have the tiebreaker because they have a better division record. They would be tied in that category if the Pats lose another division game and the Jets win out.

The Pats clinche the division and a first round bye today if they win and the Jets lose. If the Pats beat either the Bills or Dolphins or the Steelers lose one of their last two, they have the #1 seed.

We do have the tiebreaker as long as we win one of the AFCe games left. I checked my calculations on the yahoo scenario generator under the scenario that Jets win today and go on to finish 12-4 (best case scenario for them), Steelers win their last 2 to finish 12-4, and Ravens finish 12-4 (best case scenario for them). While we lose to GB, and win 1 of the last 2 finishing 12-4. We still had the #1 seed. The tiebreakers with the Jets would go like this:

H2H: tied
AFCE record: tied
Common opponents: tied
AFC recrd: tied
Strength of victory: We will get this since our 'unique' wins are Baltimore, Indy, SD which trumps Celvenland, Houston, Denver for them.

steelers hardly look good on defense .Really surprisd

No Polumalu = Above average defense at best.

Can't root for the Jest or Stillers. Still rooting for these guys:

Asteroid460.jpg

I can't believe people don't have enough confidence in the Patriots beating the Packers tonight that they're actually rooting for the Jets.

have to give it to the jets. after a tough week they have come on the road vs a tough opponent and played really well

Indeed. It was pathetic last year when people were openly rooting for the Jets in the AFCCG against the Colts. I couldn't understand it. We're PATS FANS. Now, today, people would rather root for the Jets instead of the Steelers when the Steelers winning signs, seals, and delivers the division to us on a silver platter. Makes me wonder just how long some people here have been rooting for the Pats. No sane Pats fan would EVER root for the Jets. I couldn't even do it in 2008 when a Jets win would have gotten us into the playoffs. Forget about it with the division on the line in a game which the Pats aren't even playing.

Amen brother. Where do you draw the line?! I root for every team that plays oakland, carolina and minnesota unless the following two affect the oakland pick. That's as far as i can go and thank god the jets didnt play the raiders this year because pick be damned.

Rooting for the jets gives you hemroids, remember that.

jets can ice the game on this drive. pitt has hardly been able to stop them from moving the ball

have to give it to the jets. after a tough week they have come on the road vs a tough opponent and played really well

Honestly I just think Pitts is playing awful. As I've said all along they're flat and don't even look like they practiced this week.

We do have the tiebreaker as long as we win one of the AFCe games left. I checked my calculations on the yahoo scenario generator under the scenario that Jets win today and go on to finish 12-4 (best case scenario for them), Steelers win their last 2 to finish 12-4, and Ravens finish 12-4 (best case scenario for them). While we lose to GB, and win 1 of the last 2 finishing 12-4. We still had the #1 seed. The tiebreakers with the Jets would go like this:

H2H: tied
AFCE record: tied
Common opponents: tied
AFC recrd: tied
Strength of victory: We will get this since our 'unique' wins are Baltimore, Indy, SD which trumps Celvenland, Houston, Denver for them.

So in other words, your theory of rooting against the Jets is irrelevant because if the Pats win their last two games, they win the division and the the first round bye no matter what. So LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!!!

I'd rather wrap up the division and a bye tonight and worry about getting HFA next week. I want to see the Jets to lose their last five games and have an epic collapse.

we control our fate, that is all I care about. Who gives a damn how hard the road is, our opponents aren't changing. Too root for the Jest* is a sin unless its a must.

What does this have anything to do with my post? Obviously we control our fate. I was responding to somebody who said it's 'crazy' to root for the Jets in terms of wanting what's best for our playoff situation. And I pointed out how it's not crazy.

It doesn't mean I expect to lose tonight and win 1 out of the last 2 games at best

this one is over....:mad:

god pitt sucks....jets win this one :mad::mad::mad:

#30 for the broncos should be cut immediately following this game. That was pop warner right there. He didn't even attempt to make the tackle to save the TD.

Jests look like they've been taking plays straight out of the Patriots' offensive playbook.

Wow! The Jets' offense actually gets creative.

The Steelers' defense is really not the same without Polamalu. That guy should really be in the discussion for MVP although Tommy has it locked up.

this is the last time i root for the stillers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST