PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, including Bourne and Agholar

I see your point Nick, but I'd really like to try and keep Meyers if possible. I agree, we don't want to overpay, and Bill won't do that, but having a returning wr group of Thorton, Meyers, Parker and Bourne would look pretty good for next year.
At 14 million per year, meyers is not good enough to win games vs elite teams and help us keep up with Buffalo for the division title. I’d rather take my chances on drafting a red zone threat or young physical freak like a AJ Brown or DK Metcalf in round 2 and get them at cost control for 4 years.

Mac needs goal line weapons in the long run, to win a super bowl.

I could see Wynn to the Rams for a pick. Tho not sure this Rams season is worth trying to salvage.
The irony here would be funny. He publicly makes fun of a 6 time champion at HC for taking Strange that early, yet trades for Wynn.

I would try to pay Meyers next year but not on a mega deal… hopefully he can be retained on a contract that’s still single digit millions per season. Maybe that’s wishful thinking.

Meyers is ideally your #3 and Thornton eventually is your #2, Parker is currently your #1 but you’d want to upgrade him when you can. Then you have some flexibility. I guess Bourne is a little expendable in that arrangement though. I love him but he’s not a #1 guy and if you are paying Meyers then he ends up being #4 (or #5 depending on other moves) again.

Yes he is, scheduled to make $4.75 mil

Wynn is playing on his fifth-year option, so he is making $612k a game, trading him now saves the Pats @$6.7 mil in both actual money and cap space.

Agholor is in the last year of his contract, trading him would be a $9 cap savings, but a $5 mil dead money hit.

I think you are right, Bourne is probably not going anywhere, both Agholor and Wynn would be candidates for comp picks, so it might not be worth it to ship them off for a low round pick.
Trading Wynn nows leaves them absolutely bereft of tackle depth.

I see your point Nick, but I'd really like to try and keep Meyers if possible. I agree, we don't want to overpay, and Bill won't do that, but having a returning wr group of Thorton, Meyers, Parker and Bourne would look pretty good for next year.
I agree. At some point we need to start retaining some of our young homegrown guys. We have had a couple like Andrews and Bentley but it would be nice to start retaining some of these young guys especially while we're saving money at QB.

Trading Wynn nows leaves them absolutely bereft of tackle depth.
Why don't we move Wynn back to LT as a swing tackle to backup Brown and see how he does ? And then maybe some team sees value in him and trades for him.

At the rate guys are getting hurt id say keep all 5 wrs. We’re unlikely to get a whole lot for any of them anyways… not worth. So far everyone but parker has missed time.

Yodny Cajuste is too much of a mash unit can't be trusted: I'm all for keeping a healthy Wynn now.

So am I... I also don't know if Cachoo can provide league-average play at Left Tackle even when healthy; he might always be just a Right Tackle, so I'm inclined to keep Lose/Lose as a (very) ex-pensive backup Left side lineman, to be used ONLY if a starter needs a breather or is injured... Reminds me in its own way of a Can't live with her, can't live without her situation...

Why don't we move Wynn back to LT as a swing tackle to backup Brown and see how he does ? And then maybe some team sees value in him and trades for him.

Yep, keep Cannon as the starter at RT permanently, as long as he can handle the load, and keep Lose/Lose as the Swing Tackle to be used In Case of Emergency Only.

Speaking of the trade deadline, I really wish it were two week later, on Tuesday the 15th... That should still be enough time for recently-acquired players to acclimate to their new teams' respective systems; and for the Sellers to separate themselves from the Buyers...

I’d like to move Agholor but not Bourne. For Agholor we aren’t getting much more than mid to late round picks. It’s hard to think of teams that need WRs. Jacksonville maybe?

Wynn is also unlikely to get us much because teams know it’s a salary dump. Still might be worth doing but we would be very thin at OT unless Cajuste can come back somehow.
If you trade Wynn, you dump salary: I get that. More importantly, though, you dump Wynn, a sullen, whiny, sloppy danger to both our fine young qb's.

I don't like what we have behind the Starters young QB's need decent O-Line play. Wynn have been playing slightly better which is good for him and the Team.
I don't see that he's playing any better.

I would try to pay Meyers next year but not on a mega deal… hopefully he can be retained on a contract that’s still single digit millions per season. Maybe that’s wishful thinking.

Meyers is ideally your #3 and Thornton eventually is your #2, Parker is currently your #1 but you’d want to upgrade him when you can. Then you have some flexibility. I guess Bourne is a little expendable in that arrangement though. I love him but he’s not a #1 guy and if you are paying Meyers then he ends up being #4 (or #5 depending on other moves) again.
Absolutely wishful thinking. Bump it to 15M and it's still wishful thinking... But wishes do come true sometimes.

Wynn has been called for so many penalties this season I can't imagine another team is going to trade for him and give the Patriots a draft pick of any relevance. So keep Wynn in case our we might get these young players play-off experience. Wynn will be gone in the summer to another team on a value contract.

The current form of our scouting team gives me pause buuuut

I'd be willing to bet a high draft pick high on a very good Inside LB in the market. I think this makes this team truly a menace on defense.

Oh we are facing the Bears? What a coincidence

Wynn has been called for so many penalties this season I can't imagine another team is going to trade for him and give the Patriots a draft pick of any relevance. So keep Wynn in case our we might get these young players play-off experience. Wynn will be gone in the summer to another team on a value contract.
I can't believe i'm saying this but I think they need to keep Wynn. They should have moved him in the offseason or preseason. That was the time to do so.

Start Cannon and Wynn only plays or Trent or Cannon go down.

Wynn is a pretty mobile guy. Might make a nice FB on short yardage :p

Last edited:

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back