PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to review McDaniels situation in off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing.

The Rams gave him early to the Patriots because they love the legacy of Brady so much.

If you believe that, you can buy some oceanfront property in Iowa.

Of course, there is going to be a quid pro quo.

They fired their head coach, the assistant coaches contracts expired at the end of their season (unlike players whose contracts run through the league year). McDaniels was the only one still under contract because he had a contract for 2012. The Rams simply allowed him to pursue other opportunities since they were not going to bring him back, it happens every year. Do you really think it is unusual to free an assistant coach from his contract when there is no other coaching staff? And by the way Denver or any other team is allowed to hire any of those coaches any time they want.

The League isn't ganging up on the Patriots, it's just that the Patriots exposed an opaque area that needs to be cleared up.

Except nothing is opaque. You and the writers are suggesting opacity when none exists. It is all crystal clear.

Nothing.

The Rams gave him early to the Patriots because they love the legacy of Brady so much.

If you believe that, you can buy some oceanfront property in Iowa.

Of course, there is going to be a quid pro quo.

It wasn't just the Patriots. The Chiefs were also interested. The Rams told him they would not hold him to his contract. That wasn't a team-specific thing.

Bottom line is with Fisher coming in, they were going to have to fire Josh and be on the hook for up to $2M for his contract. By having another team sign him, they are free from that potential cost.

$2M is more than enough incentive to let the guy go.

It wasn't just the Patriots. The Chiefs were also interested. The Rams told him they would not hold him to his contract. That wasn't a team-specific thing.

Bottom line is with Fisher coming in, they were going to have to fire Josh and be on the hook for up to $2M for his contract. By having another team sign him, they are free from that potential cost.

$2M is more than enough incentive to let the guy go.

Were the rest of the coaches fired, or did their contracts run out? Not that it matters.

Were the rest of the coaches fired, or did their contracts run out? Not that it matters.

He was the only one under contract past 2011 according to this article about Spagnuolo being fired. Even the day of, they were hinting that Josh may not be retained:

Rams fire coach Spagnuolo, GM Devaney - sportsnet.ca WAP

Offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels is the only assistant coach under contract through next season.

"I'm sure Josh will have opportunities around the NFL to possibly be a co-ordinator or better throughout this process," Demoff said. "It's going to be fluid, but we'll figure out what's best for both parties."

The only thing I consider to be fishy is the timing of this announcement, a few hours before kickoff.

as a broncos fan im kinda disgusted that NE would stoop to hiring mcdaniels. as a rams fan from 01, its even more disgusting.

why? just why? even if you win now, people are going to say you cheated. regardless if you did or not. And all the people saying... "o if it was another team, this wouldnt happen" please... you guys got caught with spygate. you have no reason ever to say if it was another team.

Last edited:
as a broncos fan im kinda disgusted that NE would stoop to hiring mcdaniels. as a rams fan from 01, its even more disgusting.

why? just why? even if you win now, people are going to say you cheated. regardless if you did or not. And all the people saying... "o if it was another team, this wouldnt happen" please... you guys got caught with spygate. you have no reason ever to say if it was another team.

I think the better question why are you Broncos' and Rams' fan?

I don't care what people think. This story is a total non-story. Whatever Belichick does, people are going to scrutinize. The Pats did nothing wrong and something that has happened multiple times over the years.

No, I'm acknowledging that if there were some kind of pending or possible Denver-San Diego matchup in the playoffs, then the kind of move that Denver made today would not be allowed.
Yes it would.
(Although I'm not sure how we can pick up an UFA from SD if both Denver and SD are in the playoffs...)
Because he was cut 5 months ago. No one picked him up at anytime over the past season so he was an unrestricted free agent, which meant any team could pick him up.
But WRT to the player and coach in question, Denver's acquisition of Binn gives us exactly ZERO insight into the Patriots. But New England's acquisition of McDumbDumb is worth more than zero to the Patriots.
Well if it makes you feel better, you guys never really stood much of a chance anyway with or without McDaniels.

Could some moderator not too busy engaging these donkey trolls take the time to ban this moronic apparent frontrunner fan troll?

why? just why?
Why would a team who lost their OC hire a guy who formerly had the position and did a damn good job of it? You serious?
even if you win now, people are going to say you cheated.
Only morons would say such a thing. I don't live my life for the approval of morons, do you?

Why would a team who lost their OC hire a guy who formerly had the position and did a damn good job of it? You serious?
Only morons would say such a thing. I don't live my life for the approval of morons, do you?

im not saying its a bad choice. but i think people will try to take it away from you guys regardless. which is kinda dumb but it happens.

im not saying its a bad choice. but i think people will try to take it away from you guys regardless. which is kinda dumb but it happens.

Dude, he was responding to your post criticizing it.

Could some moderator not too busy engaging these donkey trolls take the time to ban this moronic apparent frontrunner fan troll?

As you wish

So wouldve been better if they hadnt hired JMcD but just called him to help out on his info on the broncos ?

If the league doesn't want this kind of hire then they should forbid any talks to assistant coaches for vacant positions until a season is over. This would seriously F up NCAA offseason prep and also impact recruiting so many assistants looking to get a jump to a HC position in the NCAA ranks would lose their opportunities. So I see this going nowhere.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this mentioned over the weekend; looks like Goodel's comment flew under the radar. Guess no controversy = not news. (Duh).

"We’ve talked to several club executives. I’m not getting a lot of reaction from the other clubs that this is unfair. They don’t seem to think it’s a big issue," Goodell said. "But it’s something we’ll talk about."

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes