PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
man , it's hard to dislike the saints(even with bountygate)with fans like this.

Really nice of you to say tuck. But, I only say what we mostly think, in general. Even a few days ago a poster in our forum was berated for saying BB was overrated, by me and others. We do know football, and its important to our culture. Saying things that are not true, like the Pats even started this to begin with doesn't help anyone. A lot of us were doing it. Not trying to gain any favor for saying that, its just the truth of it.

Last edited:
Well its hard for me to prove now. Sure someone has all the tapes or news cast somewhere, I will look for one,but I remember seeing the news in NO at the time that Mora was there. It was a footnote really. No one really cared, so it was said off hand a few times, and I didn't think much of it. When the NFL charged the Pats years later I thought, well wait we were doing this also. So, I know we were doing it. I just don't know if we ever stopped.

Interesting Thou some have said and I agree CC is not even respected with us much, but the audio is telling. The interview is at the end.

Bountygate Evidence May Have Been Fake - Canal Street Chronicles

That was really pathetic. Author, radio host, comic, full blown who dat fanboy pictured in his Saints gear...who detected nothing everyone doesn't do in the Williams tape...outing a possible whistle blower and bragging how he's called the chancellor at his present college position to ask how they could employ someone who participated in this and didn't tell until he was let go...and offhandedly opining how Payton and Loomis will be able to work-around communicate by hook or crook (wives as messengers...). Way to perpetuate the corrupt image of NO that permeates this whole deal. That clown should lose his ability to travel with the team as part of the process just based on what he blathered in this interview. Like the Feds didn't pass along emails they uncovered while investigating Sean's leftover Bush felon pal Ornstein in 2009-10... That's what put NO square in the Commissioners crosshairs. You sleep with dogs, you get fleas...

Really nice of you to say tuck. But, I only say what we mostly think, in general. Even a few days ago a poster in our forum was berated for saying BB was overrated, by me and others. We do know football, and its important to our culture. Saying things that are not true, like the Pats even started this to begin with doesn't help anyone. A lot of us were doing it. Not trying to gain any favor for saying that, its just the truth of it.

The Superdome was ripped apart by Katrina and the people of Loisiana (Esp. NO.) endured. It starved our hearts. The "bounty system" BS is part and parcell amongst the league. Many teams have silently had it in in place.

It's not confined to the Saints. Everyone else does it but when your team has been successfull.... Welcome to the club.

Roger Goodell-

How you like him now?

The Superdome was ripped apart by Katrina and the people of Loisiana (Esp. NO.) endured. It starved our hearts. The "bounty system" BS is part and parcell amongst the league. Many teams have silently had it in in place.

It's not confined to the Saints. Everyone else does it but when your team has been successfull.... Welcome to the club.

Roger Goodell-

How you like him now?

Everyone else doesn't do it. Players have long run pay for play performance kitties on the side to enhance competition and motivate themselves. Those are almost impossible to police although this perversion of that, which is what NO ran with a DC spearheading it and outsiders and coaches fully participating and rewards posted for so called kill shots, once exposed isn't. His high profile penalizing of NO will make it less likely teams allow players to continue to run the seemingly harmless yet also in violation of the rules pay for play kitties. And if he ends up suspending even one player and fining several as a result that will finally get the attention of veteran players who are the ones who have by and large perpetuated pay for play as a little harmless action to spice up gamedays...

That was really pathetic. Author, radio host, comic, full blown who dat fanboy pictured in his Saints gear...who detected nothing everyone doesn't do in the Williams tape...outing a possible whistle blower and bragging how he's called the chancellor at his present college position to ask how they could employ someone who participated in this and didn't tell until he was let go...and offhandedly opining how Payton and Loomis will be able to work-around communicate by hook or crook (wives as messengers...). Way to perpetuate the corrupt image of NO that permeates this whole deal. That clown should lose his ability to travel with the team as part of the process just based on what he blathered in this interview. Like the Feds didn't pass along emails they uncovered while investigating Sean's leftover Bush felon pal Ornstein in 2009-10... That's what put NO square in the Commissioners crosshairs. You sleep with dogs, you get fleas...

Not sure why your so passionate about putting down the team reporter. I think if the Pats team reporter showed opinions and evidence to support the Pats during sky gate you would have taken it a gospile.

I mean you have to take what he said with a grain of salt, but I have to yours that way to :) Your not impartial either it seems. :) In fact, Im pretty sure you have the whole thing figured out.

Thou, I agree he probably should not have done and interview, but seeing that no team is owning up to pay to play programs, except Giants " AKA Bounties" , I really can't punch him in the jaw for doing it. No one else, except players are saying this is not unusual. So, we are kind of left to fend for ourselves, and present our own side in the media. ITs not ideal, but thats what is happening.

and there is no evidence that a single player was payed a dime to hurt players on the saints. No payment for Farve, Warner, or escalation in anyones normal pay one week. Thou I have to admit, if I ad the money I might have put one on Farve. FARVE FARVE FAVRE was really annoying that year.
There isn't a team in the league that dose not have a pay for performance deal with players. No smoking gun that SP lied to anyone, and told GW to stop the incentive in 2010.
GW defiantly did lie, and never stopped anything. The guy who released it probably is Mike Cerullo, and everyone here knows he's not happy with us at all for what happen to his career. I don't buy what he's completely saying anymore than what you are. Maybe you both need a flea collar.

Last edited:
Everyone else doesn't do it. Players have long run pay for play performance kitties on the side to enhance competition and motivate themselves. Those are almost impossible to police although this perversion of that, which is what NO ran with a DC spearheading it and outsiders and coaches fully participating and rewards posted for so called kill shots, once exposed isn't. His high profile penalizing of NO will make it less likely teams allow players to continue to run the seemingly harmless yet also in violation of the rules pay for play kitties. And if he ends up suspending even one player and fining several as a result that will finally get the attention of veteran players who are the ones who have by and large perpetuated pay for play as a little harmless action to spice up gamedays...

Yeah, they do, and you have no idea if other teams are not paying for kill shots. Seems amazing to me that GW is the brilliant evil mastermind that came up with it. And again no one was ever payed on the saints. And these 50,000 documents are only emails with maybe 10 incriminating PPT sides, and text, and I am just taking Goodell's word on this,because the senate looked at the same evidence and ask the NFL to reduce the fines.
Goodell is just mad because he thinks he was lied to, or the Saints ignored what he told them to do. SP didn't ignore it, he told GW to stop it. The rest of what you say I agree with. Except player Suspensions that is just silly, the NFL hasn't talked to any saint defensive player. Vilma should be.
You willing to investigate your own house to see if a play to pay thing exist
OR players got more money for big hits that lead to someone leaving the game or just the hit?

Thats really all the fans are asking for. We don't feel like being make an example for other teams to stop it. Thats not exactly fair. And what do draft pick have to do with it. The offense doesn't know anything and neither did Benson. Thats a team wide penalty.

This is why the NFL has to release their evidence. Everyone is making things up, and debating conjecture, ideas, and false truths. Later we find theirs a twist or warping of it. Most have their minds made up with evidence that would not win in any court in america. Just release the damn documents Goodell and this all goes away, pretty simple. We have no problem hearing the truth.

Last edited:

Roger Goodell-

How you like him now?

Well its a good club with good company. I was warned by guys here a 2 years ago that this would happen . Not that we didn't do wrong, we did, but that we would be put under a microscope and twisted by the media. :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down