PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Schedule Release Date???

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I feel like the NFL is hiding the date from us.. Anyone know when it is???

Seems
Like it should be either Tuesday April 15.. Thursday April 17 or Tuesday April 22

I feel like the NFL is hiding the date from us.. Anyone know when it is???

Seems
Like it should be either Tuesday April 15.. Thursday April 17 or Tuesday April 22

With the bills leaking schedule information you have to think that the schedule will be coming out next week

The NFL preseason schedule will be announced today at 3:15 p.m. ET.

Post guess schedule key games!!!

Post guess schedule key games!!!
Florio posted the rumor that this is when the schedule was going to be released. It is also the exact date I have been predicting all along.

However, the fact that we still don't have any official word makes me anxious they're just not ready yet.

Same with me.. Hopefully they come
Out today and say that it's tomorrow.

I'm planning a trip to SD this year so I want to know ASAP!!! I don't understand what they are waiting for!

Road trip planning day!

Florio is now scrambling to save face after reporting last week that it would be the 22nd.

Yeah Jesus.. I'm trying to plan a trip here.. I don't understand. If they have it done just release it ... Obviously teams know if spikes was tweeting out games

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

1. The NFL now attempts to have every team finish the season with games against division opponents.
2013: week 15 at Dolphins, week 17 vs Bills
2012: week 17 vs Dolphins
2011: week 16 vs Dolphins, week 17 vs Bills
2010: week 16 at Bills, week 17 vs Dolphins

2. The team usually start the season with division opponents as well:
2013: week 1 at Jets, week 2 vs Bills
2012: week 4 at Bills
2011: week 1 at Dolphins, week 3 at Bills
2010: week 2 at Jets, week 3 vs Bills, week 4 at Dolphins
2009: week 1 vs Bills, week 2 at Jets

3. Networks want marquee games during ratings sweep weeks, which this year should be Oct 30 to Nov 6 (weeks 9-12 this season).

4. The NFL has traditionally scheduled the Brady-Manning game during the sweeps period.

5. Pats usually (though not always) play the Jets once early, and once during sweeps.
- 2013: weeks 2 & 7
- 2012: weeks 7 & 12
- 2011: weeks 5 & 10
- 2010: weeks 2 & 13
- 2009: weeks 2 & 11

With all that in mind, here's a futile attempt at predicting the schedule:

• Week 1: at Bills
  • Week 2: vs Dolphins
  • Week 3: at Chargers
  • Week 4: vs Raiders
  • Week 5: vs Jets
  • Week 6: at Colts
  • Week 7: vs Lions
  • Week 8: Bye
  • Week 9: at Jets
  • Week 10: vs Broncos
  • Week 11: at Packers
  • Week 12: vs Bears
  • Week 13: at Vikings
  • Week 14: at Chiefs
  • Week 15: vs Bengals
  • Week 16: vs Bills
  • Week 17: at Dolphins

One final prediction: I'll get no more than three of those games correct, and will be more likely to go o-for-17. o_O

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

1. The NFL now attempts to have every team finish the season with games against division opponents.

3. Networks want marquee games during ratings sweep weeks, which this year should be Oct 30 to Nov 6 (weeks 9-12 this season).

4. The NFL has traditionally scheduled the Brady-Manning game during the sweeps period.

5. Pats usually (though not always) play the Jets once early, and once during sweeps.

One final prediction: I'll get no more than three of those games correct, and will be more likely to go o-for-17. o_O

Hopefully you are wrong with the chargers game.. Id like that game to be in October / November for when I go out there to see them play....

Hopefully you are wrong with the chargers game.. Id like that game to be in October / November for when I go out there to see them play....

I was flip-flopping between the Chargers and Chiefs road games with that prediction. I'll send a note to Howard Katz to make your request a reality, which may further delay the announcement of this year's schedule. :cool:

Aside from Denver being a Sunday night game in November, I think it's pretty much wide open.

I'll be curious to see where the bye falls. As Reiss pointed put the other day, the Pats' bye has been relatively well placed in recent years:

3b. The first thing I look for with the schedule is where the bye week is placed, as a middle-of-the-schedule bye is generally preferred because it splits things up evenly over the 17-week season. The Patriots have been pretty fortunate in recent years, so they might be due for an earlier bye this time around.

2007: Week 10
2008: Week 4
2009: Week 8
2010: Week 5
2011: Week 7
2012: Week 9
2013: Week 10

After last seasons game in Foxboro, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that the Broncos come here no later than mid-October. They won't allow Manning to play us in another potential cold weather game after the comments that came from it, and more importantly Manning not liking hearing them.
I'd venture all of his cold weather away games are in the first 6-7 weeks.

After last seasons game in Foxboro, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that the Broncos come here no later than mid-October. They won't allow Manning to play us in another potential cold weather game after the comments that came from it, and more importantly Manning not liking hearing them.
Good Lord, another "The NFL loves Manning and hates us" person. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure Manning will have all his home games and road cold-weather games finished by the start of November.

I think Manning's coming here week 1. Can't let us have Browner for that one.

No shot the broncos come here before say week 8... NBC or CBS would love to have Brady at 7-0 vs manning at 7-0....

Good Lord, another "The NFL loves Manning and hates us" person. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure Manning will have all his home games and road cold-weather games finished by the start of November.

No shot the broncos come here before say week 8... NBC or CBS would love to have Brady at 7-0 vs manning at 7-0....

When the schedule comes out there should be crow eating and/or outright apologies. No, no one learns anything, but an "I told you so" moment only comes around about twenty times a year.:)

Another day past another day without the schedule.. Ugh

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back