PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Refutes Daily News r.e. Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to stay even keeled amidst all these reports. I wish they made a decision on Friday so we could know what the team is up against.

They'll announce a decision sometime in the next four to six weeks, I'd guess later rather than sooner. Fuel the beast! Keep the fires of controversy stoked through the summer doldrums. Sell tickets! The WWF is jealous.

This is again NFL playing both sides. Leak the info over the weekend to keep the news cycle going and possibly having brady come to some backdoor settlement and then depict the leak as the prediction. Really awful and frustrating.

Labor Day weekend...

Well, it's the NFL, so I suppose this means they've made a decision about the suspension.

If the NFL told me the sky was blue I'd make an appointment to get my eyes checked.

“It is Gary Myers’ prediction,” Aiello wrote. “The headline is misleading.”

That headline, which you can read here, is “Tom Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected next week.”

I'm not going to take too much comfort in this. For all we know Aiello could quibbling over it not technically being Goodell who hands out the punishment. The league seems very intent on protecting Goodell: hide him behind the facade of an 'independent' investigation; emphasize that Vincent is the one who'll decide any punishment; and have Aiello throw up a protective wall around Goodell.

Last edited:
I love the hypocrisy of the NY tabloids on the same day that AFraud got a standing ovation from the home crowd at The Dump in the Bronx for his 661st home run, beating Willie Mays.
I liked the old stadium sooooo much better. I miss it. Always did a trip every year.

F A-Roid. He disgusts me.

This could be significant news. It's unusual for the league to address a report directly and it frequently telegraphs announcements.

Seeing Goodell standing next to Brady with that smile fills me with rage.
It enrages me that this **** actually has a residence in New England (Maine.). He belongs in the Hempsteads...

I don't see this as good news. I WANT Brady suspended so he can sue the league. The status quo is unacceptable for the Pats.

So it takes the NFL 24 hours to refute a story on TB's possible/potential suspension. Yet the NFL League Office in 4 months never refuted Mort's bogus report about 11 of the Patriots footballs registering 2 PSI or more under. That report that largely contributed to this sh*tstorm, which the NFL could have doused pretty quickly with a denial of the accuracy of this numbers.. Yea, that's an impartial league office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back