PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Refutes Daily News r.e. Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any punishment not based on fact will open new doors for the NFL that will not be worth it to them.

The balls were under 12.5 which they can prove as fact even if they were that way due to weather.

Brady was less than 100% cooperative ... while subjective I believe they can prove that also.

Nothing else in that report can be proven ... any punishment for anything except the above will prove to be a perilous road for the NFL - they have the money to fight but there will be too many practices shown by the discovery process which will hurt them. Especially if it can be shown that the refs were over inflating balls to effect games ... games which people bet on and play fantasy football on with real money. I also believe this practice by the refs was how this entire debacle started in the first place. NFL would get fried in court for this ...

At most a fine ... I think even a game game suspension will prove to be a disaster for them.
The inflation fine $25,000 on the team and a Brady fine for lack of cooperation will save face for the NFL.
Well on your first point icy, All the balls including indys were under inflated. So they lose that point if brought up.

The NFL probably would demand a change of venue to New Jersey or Indiana.
Perhaps but i am not sure they can move it entirely out of Massachusetts. I think they would be looking at, Worcester or some other venue still in the state. They could use challenges to strike jurors who are rabid patriots fans, but They would still get stuck I think with some casual fans who would tell the judge they could still render in impartial verdict. Like joker:D

If the alleged act took place in Massachusetts, how could they get a change of venue.
I am not sure they can. I think they still have to stay in the state. I could be wrong about that

If the alleged act took place in Massachusetts, how could they get a change of venue.
It's the NFL. They do whatever they want to get what they want. They could introduce a motion proclaiming that Patriots deflation violations spanned Brady's career to all stadiums league wide.

They'll announce a decision sometime in the next four to six weeks, I'd guess later rather than sooner...
Is this more probable than not?

i'm not even sure if a decision will be reached this week at all, as Brady would probably meet to Goodell.This might take several weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes