PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs Greatest & Most Memorable Plays

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
There's sort of a few categories here.

There's the great individual effort plays such as the Marcus Allen TD run in the SB, James Harrison pick 6, Lynn Swann skying above the defender, Montana to Clark........ones you just remember forever.

There's the OMG was that lucky. Immaculate reception, Sea of hands, gulp........Tyree. o_O

The trick plays. Music City Miracle, Dolphins hook and ladder vs the Chargers at the end of the half, etc.

The Patriots certainly have their share. The tuck rule, AV in the snow, Troy Brown punt return vs the Steelers and the blocked FG for a TD with Harris and Brown in the same game. Brady/Branch flee flicker vs the Steelers, ect.

I'm not sure if it's because of what came after with the Butler interception but I feel like the lateral involving Brady, Edelman and Amendola has been lost in the shuffle. Maybe it's because the execution was so flipping flawless. I doubt there's ever been a trick play executed more flawlessly. The Butler play given the stage deserves it's place in NFL history and I expect we'll be seeing that replayed for eternity. I just feel like the other play which was as big as any of the trick plays I can think of will be lost but it almost lacked any luck whatsoever to the Patriots credit.

Oh and yes I haven't moved on from the glory that is this season. :D

I'm dreading the first day of free agency and coming onto the board and seeing Rival A signed one of our big guns and that brings me into the reality of a new year. :(

I almost forgot about that play with Troy Brown. Check out this clip. They even have the Squealers fan crying at the end!

I almost forgot about that play with Troy Brown. Check out this clip. They even have the Squealers fan crying at the end!

An illegal forward shovel by Brown I believe. If my memory is correct, the Steelers had blown all their timeouts and the league hadn't instituted auto reviews on scoring plays yet, so it couldn't be looked at. Tough luck.

An illegal forward shovel by Brown I believe. If my memory is correct, the Steelers had blown all their timeouts and the league hadn't instituted auto reviews on scoring plays yet, so it couldn't be looked at. Tough luck.

I think it was just barely a lateral. :)lateral.jpg

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back