PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots - odds, stats, preview and pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots - odds, stats, preview and pick

John Morgan

The Baltimore Ravens travel to Foxboro to face the New England Patriots in the playoffs for the fourth time in the last six years on Saturday.

Continue reading...

I hope and expect the Pats to win today. If they don't, I think the same problems as has haunted them them in recent years past will be their ruin. The reason, I think, there is worry regarding the Ravens today, is that their strengths are similar with the teams that have beaten the Pats over the last few years, i.e. strong on the line of scrimmage, tough, smart, capable of playing error-free football.

If the Pats lose today, I would wager that if will be due to the Ravens controlling both the lines of scrimmage and committing no turnovers. The Pats have been beaten by teams that can rush the passer with four lineman and teams that can play-action against them due to a capable running game, while avoiding costly mistakes (something the Pats feasted on yet again this regular season). We should see over the next few games whether the new-look Pats are truly "built from the inside out" and are capable of beating teams that have these qualities. It's great to have the additions of Revis and Browner et.al., and having Gronk back is crucial, but if they can't protect Brady and they can't control Forsett, this could be a long day. I sure hope not.

Many posters have been lauding the newest version of the Pats and I am very encouraged by the changes that have been made. The defense is much improved for sure and, I hope, now championship calibre. This game (and I hope, the next two) will go a long way to determine if the changes made are enough to beat the kind of team that has been their nemesis over the last several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents