PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: Jets actions legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts' Rule

Uh huh.

I think this week makes clear that there are rules for other people, and then, appropriately enough, there's what we call a PATRIOTS RULE.

PFnV

That is true ... but applies only to subjects covered by the Operations Manual (for off-field actvity).

Its counterpart covers the rules of play, as enunciated in the Rule Book,
... and is called THE COLTS RULE.

But filming is cheating! That's what we were all told. It wasn't just about location. :rolleyes:

It is when the league doesn't want to dirty its image any more than it already has. It was fine when the Pats got the black eye and were scapegoated for league-wide practices, but it just wouldn't do to sully the rep of a big market NY team!

Sadly, the fans of the other 31 teams will eat this up because most of them actually think stealing signals is illegal. It's more of a sad commentary on our society in general where people just believe whatever bull**** they're spoonfed without checking the facts.

This point cannot be emphasized enough. We live in a society where everybody believes what they feel like believing and nobody wants to know the truth.

And of course the media doesn't want to give us the truth anyway.

It is when the league doesn't want to dirty its image any more than it already has. It was fine when the Pats got the black eye and were scapegoated for league-wide practices, but it just wouldn't do to sully the rep of a big market NY team!
Yeah, because absent a spygate scandal the Jets are now and always have been a model franchise... :rolleyes:

I dont want to let this go...and I'm damned sure the Patriots will rip the Jets another a-hole...if not for the infectious yeast induced stench that ManGina oozed out about our cameras during game 1...but for this latest blatant infraction the Jets AND the commish has commited. The Jets and the commish are in cahoots.

The funny thing is is both teams were cheating and the Jets were the ones that got caught all of you would be saying how smart Belichick is.

The funny thing is is both teams were cheating and the Jets were the ones that got caught all of you would be saying how smart Belichick is.

The Jets DID get caught last year. Why do you think the Pats had the Jets employee tossed?

And, sorry to say, but there are plenty of photos out there of the Jets filming the PATS sidelines in THIS YEARS GAME. The NFL just refuses to recognize them

You seem to be missing the point, Manny.

Belichick filmed OUT IN THE OPEN ...
mere YARDS FROM THE JETS' BENCH
... using a lad KNOWN TO THE JETS COACHES TO BE A PATS EMPLOYEE.

It could not be anything except an elaborate middle finger to RatMan.

And RatMan took it that way.
Which is why he impulsively decided to ruin his mentor's legacy.

Alas, alack. All he ruined was his own career.
Such a shame.

I love the Patriots........................ but I am getting to the point of despising the NFL as a whole. Absolutely Corupt.

Robert Kraft is the biggest AZZ of all in this ... Mr. Kraft who actively promoted GoToHell for commissioner. Too bad Kraft never knew Roger was Polian's boy.

"It is not uncommon for visiting team video crews to request permission to shoot coaching video from both upper end zone positions," spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email. "Home clubs must provide visiting clubs with equal vantage points for the taping of games. Teams typically shoot coaching video from one upper 50-yard line location and one upper end zone location, but there are no restrictions on shooting from both upper end zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams. No permission is needed from the league office."

BS! the Patriots were the visiting team when they got "caught" and how Mangini admits to spygate but Goodell doesnt have the balls to investigate it further. Why is Goodell afraid to look into this further ? the Jets were supposed to provide the Patriots with equal vantage points for taping of games.

its like when the Jets do it its ok. I mean howcome Dungy doesnt start throwing "stones" at Mangini the same way he did to Belichick. Howcome the media isnt obsessed with calling Mangini a cheater or starting a new nickname for him "Mancheati" or something.

why cant everyone stop being ignorant and stop calling Belichick a cheater or Belicheat ? the media idiots wont hold those accountable for their jobs who are paid to do good jobs. its like their objective is to inlfluence the people or the "other teams fans" to start a bandwagon by saying that Belichick cheated and choose to be ignorant towards another human being.

Belichick is way too classy for all the BS the media, Polian, Dungy and Goodell with all the stuff that has gone down. I find it amazing how quiet Belichick remained and he never threw any stones back to the people who said the nasty things about it. Its like the media doesnt want people to think, they wanna think for the people.

its not too much to ask some people to stop calling Belichick a cheater. the clowns like Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Steve Young, Cris Collinsworth, Bob Costas. Mostly the ESPN and NBC people have been the worst with the insults. I wasnt impressed with Casserley on CBS either. and think they got good paying jobs. howcome they arent held "accountable" for professionalism?

Goodell + Rats =1 The new math, anyone remember the new math?

Last edited:
How is what the Jets did LEGAL? The rule specifically states that they must be in an enclosed area. The league is full of shyt. What a disgrace this whole thing is.

Are you seriously telling me there's no way you can tape the coaches from behind the end zone? BS, if anything, I'd think that's a great vantage point to get the sidelines.

Robert Kraft is the biggest AZZ of all in this ... Mr. Kraft who actively promoted GoToHell for commissioner. Too bad Kraft never knew Roger was Polian's boy.

Other than your 'fact' being completely wrong, great post.
Kraft did NOT promote Goody. Kraft backed a guy from Concord MA and lost.

The NFL just did what it SHOULD have done with the original "Spygate" incident -- said nothing was wrong and swept it under the rug. Maybe the NFL has learned from its mistakes -- but it's unfortunate because now they're guilty of having a double standard.

I'm getting confused here...if you can't film on the sidelines then who is this guy and what's he doing. To be honest I'd like to let this story go but not until we get some answers :mad:

I have been emailing back and forth with Mike Reiss. He said that the guy in black is a jets guy but from their media department. This is the same thing the guy at channel 5 told me. I pointed out that the rules do not make exceptions based on what department you are in, that it clearly states that there are set locations you can film from. Mike said although true, every team does this and still does this.

I have to admit I was very mad at BB and thought he was BSing when he said that the rules were vague as the rules are clear cut but he is certainly correct. What is going on is clearly against the rules as written as is what the Jets confessed to. I asked Mike to write a piece outlining the rules and what the NFL does allow even though it is completely against the rules. He won’t though. This is what is pissing me off about the media though. They are so afraid of pissing off the NFL and losing access, they all afraid of asking some very basic and fundamental questions like why punish the Patriots for breaking a written rule that you allow to be broken every game. I guess the rules aren’t vague, just the enforcement of them.

So basicly you're saying that a football writer risks his career, his very livlihood if he takes on the league office here.

I have been emailing back and forth with Mike Reiss. He said that the guy in black is a jets guy but from their media department. This is the same thing the guy at channel 5 told me. I pointed out that the rules do not make exceptions based on what department you are in, that it clearly states that there are set locations you can film from. Mike said although true, every team does this and still does this.

I have to admit I was very mad at BB and thought he was BSing when he said that the rules were vague as the rules are clear cut but he is certainly correct. What is going on is clearly against the rules as written as is what the Jets confessed to. I asked Mike to write a piece outlining the rules and what the NFL does allow even though it is completely against the rules. He won’t though. This is what is pissing me off about the media though. They are so afraid of pissing off the NFL and losing access, they all afraid of asking some very basic and fundamental questions like why punish the Patriots for breaking a written rule that you allow to be broken every game. I guess the rules aren’t vague, just the enforcement of them.
First of all I completely agree with your feelings on this subject. Also I commend you for asking Reiss for clarification and pushing him to write an article about it.

Upon giving it some thought, however, I am not surprised he refused. He is not a shhh-stirrer - he goes along to get along, by which I mean he gets some of the best access to the team because he doesn't have an agenda to tear them down, unlike some other members of the media.

We need to find some other investigative reporter who will want to dig up the dirt here. A Woodward/Bernstein type, who will want to find the truth for the sake of truth (and to make a name for themselves), and who won't be disuaded when powerful people try to make them disappear, or when the story seems to be dying of its volition.

Who can we find who is like that?

Who can we find who is like that?
Felger, but he would only do it if it made the Pats look bad. The odds of him looking into anything or raising any question that might help the Pats is zero. Besides, he went on record last night saying Jets did nothing wrong, Pats cheated. He doesn't need to know the facts, just will it embarrass the Pats or not, and will it get him better ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST