PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigation-WFT emails...

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Food for thought. The NFL buried the report on the Washington football team harassment and the only emails to come out nailed Gruden and Schefter.. I wonder if the reason the NFL is trying so hard NOT to release is what else is in there....
These are from the last ten years and wouldn't it be very curious to see what correspondence went on between the league and teams or in this case, Washington re Deflategate and whether they knew it was a sham... Most people would think, they aren't dumb enough to put it in an email are they? Not but they are arrogant enough to do so....

Looks like I"m not the only one wondering about what else the NFL is shielding..
Hurley's Picks: In Exposing Jon Gruden, You Have To Wonder Whom The NFL Is Shielding

Said this in the Gruden thread, but it really makes me think about the Deshaun Watson situation. The Texans ownership/front office knew about his incidents for who knows how long, and seemed perfectly content to sweep it under the rug until it become strategically advantageous not to.

It's about leverage, not justice. Maybe this last bit is too much of a conspiracy theory, but the organization is having money problems and Gruden was monumentally overpaid.

This is why I wonder if the league actually leaked the Gruden and Schefter emails or it is someone going rogue. The NFL successfully buried the WFT report in July. It was over. They successfully allowed the whole thing go under the radar with little fanfare.

Now the whole thing is under the spotlight again and there is now pressure to release the report to the public. It has gone from a successfully PR effort to bury the whole thing to now becoming a huge scandal.

A Washington Exec was emailing topless cheerleader pics which has somehow gone unnoticed. Shows how the NFL leaked the Gruden stuff so the focus would be on him. Probably enough in those emails to force Daniel Snyder out but the NFL will cover for him and not release those. The league office is as corrupt as they come.

The Texans ownership/front office knew about his incidents for who knows how long, and seemed perfectly content to sweep it under the rug until it become strategically advantageous not to.

It's about leverage, not justice.
Love to know what advantages the Texans are lavishing in right now

This is why I wonder if the league actually leaked the Gruden and Schefter emails or it is someone going rogue. The NFL successfully buried the WFT report in July. It was over. They successfully allowed the whole thing go under the radar with little fanfare.

Now the whole thing is under the spotlight again and there is now pressure to release the report to the public. It has gone from a successfully PR effort to bury the whole thing to now becoming a huge scandal.
There was a report that Goodell just saw what was in those emails last week. Once he saw it the leaks started happening. Just follow the trail of sh*t all the way back to Goodell’s office.

Love to know what advantages the Texans are lavishing in right now
None, but they seemed to believe it would carry one. We're talking Jack Easterby logic.

A Washington Exec was emailing topless cheerleader pics which has somehow gone unnoticed. Shows how the NFL leaked the Gruden stuff so the focus would be on him. Probably enough in those emails to force Daniel Snyder out but the NFL will cover for him and not release those. The league office is as corrupt as they come.
The topless cheerleader pics incident is actually somewhat old news, so the people who were going to be outraged about it probably got it out of their system.

fully believe Herr Goodell orchestrated the entire scenario to get Jon Gruden for calling him a ****y... Only the Gruden emails were leaked... None of the Bruce Allen replies were there... it seemed very much targeted... and i wouldnt put it past herr roger to be petty and vindictive

fully believe Herr Goodell orchestrated the entire scenario to get Jon Gruden for calling him a ****y... Only the Gruden emails were leaked... None of the Bruce Allen replies were there... it seemed very much targeted... and i wouldnt put it past herr roger to be petty and vindictive
Most of the ****ies I've encountered have been petty and vindictive. Oh, wait, that is completely taken out of context. Clearly I meant from Gruden's perspective on Goodell not my own experiences. Or the like. Uh, the Patriots cheat and Brady broke his phone. No, comment.

This could become the biggest thing in the NFL since forever. Whoever leaked the Gruden stuff, or ordered it to be done, has just coverd a **** in honey and stick in the bee-hide

Lots of billionaires are sweating, and this pool can flood EVERYWHERE. I am REALLY hoping we see these e-mails in full, would be nice to see that there is some penitence to the richest too. And I will be incredibly disappointed if this dies down

This could become the biggest thing in the NFL since forever. Whoever leaked the Gruden stuff, or ordered it to be done, has just coverd a **** in honey and stick in the bee-hide

Lots of billionaires are sweating, and this pool can flood EVERYWHERE. I am REALLY hoping we see these e-mails in full, would be nice to see that there is some penitence to the richest too. And I will be incredibly disappointed if this dies down
They are also sweating the city of St Louis lawsuit vs the league where the billionaires defied a judge;s order to reveal assets......

So Brady destroying his phone was a very intelligent move
I can only imagine how it would have gone if he hadn't. If anyone doesn't believe Brady is human and said a few derogatory things about Goodell via text during that fiasco, they're wrong. Not to mention all the personal conversations.

I don't blame Brady one bit and there's no way whatsoever I would have turned it over either. Heck, I don't even trade in my phones when I get a new one, so I'll never understand why people were up in arms over that. I don't trust Goodell or the league investigators to stick to the topic at hand and handle it the right way, let alone also give them full access to my phone.

Let's be honest, every investigation we've seen to this point has gotten almost nowhere and dragged out, or seen unrelated data come out or rulings made based on opinion ("more probable than not"...really?). It's completely ridiculous and absolutely shady. While I 100% disagree with what Gruden said in those emails and I don't feel bad about the outcome, what do he or Schefter have to do with this investigation?

Just another reminder that the league hasn't been great about keeping things in-house and again, had I been Brady, I would have done exactly what he did and not given the phone up either.

Last edited:

I am waiting for the Bezos Post, I mean the Washington Post to spill some are of the beans. Allegedly Bezos wants to become an NFL owner and I wouldn't be surprised if he has an interest in taking down Snyder. I wonder how the NFL landscape would change if one owner was richer than all the other 31 combined.

Mark Davis did not want to fire his buddy Gruden. It's not about the financials of the Las Vegas Raiders. This goes much higher than that.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back