PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

I imagine there are teams that might be willing to sign him right now for something close to the vet minimum for one year, but Flowers I'm sure is seeking more than that and is willing to not sign at those terms and instead wait until his knee has improved enough for him to put on a right proper workout, with guaranteed money at stake... Mere speculation here, but that seems to be how matters such as these go sometimes...
Ahh I didn't know if there had been a number floated out there... Like Suh, you pretty much can guess in the 8m range... I would pay trey in the 2m range, with incentives worth up to 4m... I'd have to think about it if he wanted more than that... He's got a damaged wheel

Last edited:
Where was that scheme against the Eagles in the Superbowl?
And why do people keep brining up one fluke time in 2004 which was 18 years ago? The secondary was toasted by the Colts and many other teams the following season in 2005. In fact, this team has not won a Super Bowl without a good secondary since 2004.

The Earthwind Moreland, Gay, Samuel, Troy Brown example needs to be retired.

So much for that.

And why do people keep brining up one fluke time in 2004 which was 18 years ago? The secondary was toasted by the Colts and many other teams the following season in 2005. In fact, this team has not won a Super Bowl without a good secondary since 2004.

The Earthwind Moreland, Gay, Samuel, Troy Brown example needs to be retired.
Because it conflicts with your opinion, it must be cancelled?

Because it conflicts with your opinion, it must be cancelled?
No, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. They've never won a Super Bowl with a bad secondary since that stretch in 2004. You should know this.

No, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. They've never won a Super Bowl with a bad secondary since that stretch in 2004. You should know this.
You do not understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.
But that aside the fact that they won in 2004 with the secondary they had doesn’t get cancelled by other seasons.

I’d be down for any of these at the right price/situation. More specifically, Hightower as an edge rusher; IMHO, he’s done as strictly an ILB. Solder can provide quality depth at tackle & Goldman is a stud when healthy/focused. Of course Flowers is welcome as well.

You do not understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.
But that aside the fact that they won in 2004 with the secondary they had doesn’t get cancelled by other seasons.
You mean 2004 when they had Rodney Harrison in his prime playing at a HOF level, Eugene Wilson playing well at FS, Asante Samuel and Randall Gay at CB?

That's a good secondary.

Rodney Harrison had 2Ints, 1sack and 12 tackles in the superbowl. Anyone saying that's a bad secondary is an idiot.

Plus it was prior to the 2005 rule changes so it was easier for the secondary to play Def against QBs like Peyton Manning who heavily relied on timing routes that Bill would scheme to disrupt with his DBs bumping WRs passed the 5yard line.

I’d be down for any of these at the right price/situation. More specifically, Hightower as an edge rusher; IMHO, he’s done as strictly an ILB. Solder can provide quality depth at tackle & Goldman is a stud when healthy/focused. Of course Flowers is welcome as well.

Hightower is done IMO. Toast. Finished. Solder is intriguing as a backup - thank God we let him go to the Giants. Goldman seems to be on the downside, and slipping further every year but at 28 he should be OK. I am not sure Goldman projects well and might disappear as the season wears on. Sheldon Richardson is available who I much prefer. Suh is probably too old and done. I do not understand what happened to Ogunjobi - I assume career ending injury. BB does not seem to like Shelton.

Nate Solder: No. He's 34 & on a downward trend since 2018 (opted out in 2020). Is he better than any of our backups? Probably.

Eddie Goldman: No. On a downward trend since 2018 (opted out in 2020) & had a terrible season last year w/ limited snaps (39%) due to injuries.

Hightower: Maybe. For his leadership & on limited snaps w/ a min. contract. He probably retires.

Kevin King: Maybe. Had a decent season on limited snaps (48%) due to injuries. Comparable to Mills.

Ereck Flowers (G/T): Yes. Brings quality vet depth at G & T.

Nate Solder: No. He's 34 & on a downward trend since 2018 (opted out in 2020). Is he better than any of our backups? Probably.
If he is better than our backups, whether we should sign him is a function of how much he costs. If he is better than our backups, we are certainly a better team with Solder as our swing OT backup. Do we even have a backup OT capable of backing up both RT and LT? I suspect that we will be activating 2 backup OT's if we don't have a real swing OT. Of course, this ignores the elephant in the room (the value of the backup OT in case of injury).

I don't care if Solder is 34 and much worse than in 2018. That is NOT the issue. The issue is whether he can improve this 2022 team, and at what cost.

Hightower's cooked... He looked old & slow last season; and I see no reason to believe he'll be any younger or faster this season.

I don't care if Solder is 34 and much worse than in 2018. That is NOT the issue. The issue is whether he can improve this 2022 team, and at what cost.
I said he was probably better but Idk. May be my 2018 memories betraying me. FWIW, Herron was graded better than Solder last season. o_O

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back