PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this so someone can delete it if one already exists.

Free agency starts in one week. There has been news regarding franchise players. The deadline is tomorrow (March 8th).
Looks like KC already tagged Orlando Brown (they have no cap space so they will need to get busy)
Looks like Cincy will tag Jesse Bates (disappointing to some who like him)
Looks like GB will tag Davante Adams (no surprise there but they are also over the cap)

Pats just released Kyle Van Noy. $5M savings?

Von Miller indicates he wants to go back to Denver

Von Miller indicates he wants to go back to Denver
That's a Guy I would love on this D for a couple of years he would help some of our younger guys.

Here's what I'd like the Pats to target:
For Corners: Charvarious Ward, Sidney Jones.

I'd then look at the players who are cap casualties and see who would be a fit at our positions of need.

With Bentley likely gone as well, that will be 4 Edge/LB players. But 3 of the 4 are 30+. Bentley is the youngest being 26 in August.

Colts TE Jack Doyle Retires:

Way to go Calvin Ridley he doesn't like playing Football he prefers betting on it. :rolleyes: Cooper's market just got hotter.:cool:

Forget about Calvin Ridley...

I didn't see a thread for this so someone can delete it if one already exists.

Free agency starts in one week. There has been news regarding franchise players. The deadline is tomorrow (March 8th).
Looks like KC already tagged Orlando Brown (they have no cap space so they will need to get busy)
Looks like Cincy will tag Jesse Bates (disappointing to some who like him)
Looks like GB will tag Davante Adams (no surprise there but they are also over the cap)
Only Bates has been confirmed.

The only real need on O is exchanging Harry for a solid slot guy like Berrios. (Rumors are maybe Robbie Anderson) If they dump Agholor for a better fit, that's okay too. But, White should be back. And as long as we start developing the next layer of OL, we'll be okay.
We need to focus almost everything on D. Going to need a new #1CB, a few new LB's or existing ones to breakout, and same for DE / DT.

Bring in Berrios. We had Edelman, Amendola and Hogan help win us Super Bowls. Kupp just led his team to one. It's obvious... white WRs increase your chances of winning the Super Bowl. He's basically Cooper Kupp.
1169154202.jpg.jpg

Releasing Berrios for Gunner in retrospect was a risky and now a bad move.
Jets will never let us sign him if we are targeting for a reunion.

Tyler Lockett. His deal is great value & Wilson may be out.

Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks
Why not? If Russell Wilson winds up getting traded this offseason, it stands to reason that Lockett could ask for a trade and try to avoid a potential rebuild. The Seahawks likely would receive significant compensation for the veteran wideout, who’s averaged 1,063 yards and nine touchdowns per season over his last four campaigns. Lockett, 29, has three years and $40.3 million remaining on his current contract, with each of the final two seasons carrying salary cap hits just under $24 million.

The only real need on O is exchanging Harry for a solid slot guy like Berrios. (Rumors are maybe Robbie Anderson) If they dump Agholor for a better fit, that's okay too. But, White should be back. And as long as we start developing the next layer of OL, we'll be okay.
We need to focus almost everything on D. Going to need a new #1CB, a few new LB's or existing ones to breakout, and same for DE / DT.

White is a UFA. He's also attempting to come back from one of the worst types of injuries for a RB.
The Pats have a "SLOT GUY" in Meyers. The only way they should add a receiver is if they get rid of Agholor AND Meyers.

The O-line needs either a RT or LG. Whatever position they don't have Onwenu penciled into .

For the defense, people need to consider that the Patriots play a 2/2/2/5 NICKLE system as their base. 2 DL, 2 Edge, 2 LB and 5 DB. They'll sometimes swap out an EDGE player for a 4-3 DE like Wise. The Pats need a NT and Edge player. They don't need more generic DT/DE types. They have those in Wise, Guy, Cowart, Godchaux, and Anderson (though I expect Anderson to be cut). I would expect Cowart or Guy to be fighting for a roster spot.

The Pats need LBs who can play sideline to sideline. McMillan looked like he was able to, but he's coming back from an ACL tear. McGrone cleared and got valuable practice time last year. He should be able to play sideline to sideline as well. The Pats need at least ONE reserve who can replace one of them in the event of an injury.

Are the chargers going to tag wr Williams?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back