PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

its factual. Not necessarily a negative slant. Patriots absolutely have to get younger and think about how they will replace some of their older veterans within the next year or two.
27 doesn't seem old to me. I wish I was 27 again.

I wonder how much that's skewed by having several particularly old players that only see the field a couple snaps a game (Slater at 36, Folk at 37) or none at all (Hoyer at 36).
Probably. The difference between #1 and #17 is 1 year. TB is at #6 at 26.8 years. The youngest rosters are LAR & DET at 25.67 & 25.66 respectively. The average is 26.38 years.

Details on the Bolden deal with the Raiders. For those interested, per overthecap it’s too low to qualify for a compensatory pick.

More like Kraft who doesn't want to spend money after spending it last year. He's a cheap f**k and always has been
Exciting thing is we should be a popular destination for UDFA barring a change in free agency or trades.

I said after the Buff game I would scrap the entire defense minus a few players and I’d feel better with hungry UDFAs with speed that Bill can coach up.
I didn’t mean to ignore free agents in their prime though Bill.
Next time I’ll be more detailed.
Or you can call me and we can talk about it.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen

I hope it does. I don't want Brown back at anything other than a minimal, heavy incentive laden deal, too unreliable. Only played in 15 out of 34 games and 25 out of the last 50. Has only played more than 11 games twice in his career. His unreliability is part of the reason why Pats lost 3 games last year, Miami (1st game), Tampa and Dallas.

Question is what are the chances one or multiple raiders get themselves in trouble in Vegas?
That’s the big concern, right? I’m a little worried about Jones given what happened here and his brother….

I hope it does. I don't want Brown back at anything other than a minimal, heavy incentive laden deal, too unreliable. Only played in 15 out of 34 games and 25 out of the last 50. Has only played more than 11 games twice in his career. His unreliability is part of the reason why Pats lost 3 games last year, Miami (1st game), Tampa and Dallas.
And that’s exactly what he doesn’t want. In an interview last weekend, he said he’s sick of bouncing around, he wants to find a place where he can put his roots down for a few years and raise his family. That money is important but he doesn’t need to break the bank this time. So if the Pats are only offering him short term incentive laden deals, I expect he’ll bolt.

The Raiders just got the WR considered to be the best in the game, and they've got him for 5 years. In order to get him, they gave up a first and a second. The Patriots gave up a first rounder for Brandin Cooks.
The gamble is whether he’s really that good without Rodgers, that he stays healthy, and that he continues to produce after getting paid.

We’re all entitled to opinions the last I checked. Mine is Adams is as much hype as substance and will not play up to the $28 million and the draft picks. If you haven’t noticed, these big money, multiple picks trades don’t have the greatest success rate for buyers.

Losing 3 starters on the OL in 3 days of free agency would be shameful on GM Bill.
Another way to look at it, is perhaps the Bill and Kraft don't think the team is close enough to compete with the Bills.

Last year's FA had a few busts that have killed the cap.

The best strategy might be take this year as a pause, work the draft this year and play for next year, when hopefully Mac is more developed

Another way to look at it, is perhaps the Bill and Kraft don't think the team is close enough to compete with the Bills.

Last year's FA had a few busts that have killed the cap.

The best strategy might be take this year as a pause, work the draft this year and play for next year, when hopefully Mac is more developed
Okay I mean you’d like to put a good line in front of your franchise qb. The cap isn’t busted, let’s all stop with that nonsense.

Exciting thing is we should be a popular destination for UDFA barring a change in free agency or trades.

I said after the Buff game I would scrap the entire defense minus a few players and I’d feel better with hungry UDFAs with speed that Bill can coach up.
I didn’t mean to ignore free agents in their prime though Bill.
Next time I’ll be more detailed.
Or you can call me and we can talk about it.
I must have missed something here. What free agents are we talking about? Zadarius Smith (who I believe is still available)? Von Miller? I'm not seeing much on the defensive side of the ball. You know already he wasn't going after Chandler Jones? So... who signed that you wanted?

If rumor true, wonder how @SouthernPatriot feels about this.
The Falcon fanbase is going nuts about this right now. Many of them really never really embraced Ryan coming in after Vick because they felt he was the anti-Vick.
I think it would be a mistake for the Falcons and here's why.
1. They would have to give up AJ Terrell, a shut down corner and multiple 1st round picks
2. The civil lawsuits have not been settled.
3. The NFL has not spoken about possible suspension for Watson.

I like Ryan, the Falcons never gave him an OL to protect him. I think if he has been probably been sacked more than any QB in history, but he kept pulling himself up off the field and played the next play. He just came in did his job, pretty damn good, MVP one year, you guys know took us to the SB and if not for our defense and a stupid OC calling stupid plays we might have won it on his arm. The Falcons have never done right by him, including getting him to restructure his contract just a few days ago while going after Watson.
These are just a few examples of why I can't support this team. The management of the franchise sucks, always has going back to the Smith ownership to this day!
Indy has a pretty good OL, anchored by one of the best centers in the NFL, I hope he goes there and does well. I will always be a fan of him.

Adam Schefter

at31on313sh8l1ori0i5i5ha2 ·

Falcons now have pushed back the $7.5 million roster bonus due Friday to QB Matt Ryan to Tuesday, giving Atlanta four extra days to hear the Deshaun Watson decision and be able to trade Ryan if necessary, per league sources.

More like Kraft who doesn't want to spend money after spending it last year. He's a cheap f**k and always has been
More reports have been coming out recently about Kraft not wanting to spend this year after last years free agent spending spree. As an owner, you have every right as it's your money, but it's going to rub fans the wrong way and you're not going to give your team a fair chance to win. Very disappointing if this is true, which I am now believing this is the case. A good owner does not do that!!!!!

More reports have been coming out recently about Kraft not wanting to spend this year after last years free agent spending spree. As an owner, you have every right as it's your money, but it's going to rub fans the wrong way and you're not going to give your team a fair chance to win. Very disappointing if this is true, which I am now believing this is the case. A good owner does not do that!!!!!
Yes very disappointing if true. IMO the rumour exists only because the lack of activity so far...not because they got an inside tip. Maybe I am wrong (and I often am...I'm very good at it), but don't the Patriots spend the max cap amount or very close to it every year? Kraft is a Billionaire...is he suddenly caring about saving 10-50 million and risk not having a more successful team? I just don't see it.

You really think Kraft says no if bill comes up and wants to sign someone like Robinson jc Jackson zadarius Smith ?
I was skeptical at first but the more that I've been hearing, the more I believe this is true, unfortunately

Yes very disappointing if true. IMO the rumour exists only because the lack of activity so far...not because they got an inside tip. Maybe I am wrong (and I often am...I'm very good at it), but don't the Patriots spend the max cap amount or very close to it every year? Kraft is a Billionaire...is he suddenly caring about saving 10-50 million and risk not having a more successful team? I just don't see it.
Spending all of your cap space does not necessarily equal actual cash spending. There's a lot of accounting that goes into it. That said, I'm certainly not buying this narrative that Kraft "doesn't want to spend money." He obviously wrote some very large checks just last year. Kraft might be feeling it a little bit, sure, but if there was a big signing on the table to bring the team back into the playoff limelight and all that needed to happen was convert Judon's salary into a signing bonus, I have a hard time seeing Kraft nix the deal.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back