PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

More like Kraft who doesn't want to spend money after spending it last year. He's a cheap f**k and always has been
You really think Kraft says no if bill comes up and wants to sign someone like Robinson jc Jackson zadarius Smith ?

Yeah, I mean he had his moments here but he was basically a good back up. I doubt he's improved substantially since then.
Tampa’s secondary was middling at best last year so I would guess Ryan should help even if he’s seen better days.

Yeah, I mean he had his moments here but he was basically a good back up. I doubt he's improved substantially since then.
I think this is underselling who ryan was when he was here

Trent Brown is the key at this point, we need to re-sign him. He's healthy now and hopefully he's been strengthening that calf. When he's right he's an athletic dominant OT who can play either side and creates matchup problems. Our OL can be a strength if he returns, together with Onwenu stepping up which is likely.

Tampa’s secondary was middling at best last year so I would guess Ryan should help even if he’s seen better days.

Sounds like a desperation move by Tampa with the Rams loading up at WR

Adding a vet versalite DB to your secondary after you lost witehead for eg and your secondary could use improvements anyway sounds like a desperation move to you ?

Logan Ryan was pretty solid here. He was never a shutdown guy, but he could play man or zone and was generally where he was supposed to be. He was a great guy to have as a #2, so long as your #1 is a more traditional outside corner.

He seems to have dipped a bit recently though, and if he's more of a safety now we really don't have a role for him here. I'm sure we could have tried him back at corner again, but I feel like we already have that kind of player in Mills (can be a solid #2 in the right tandem, but best used as a versatile roamer).

I'd say it's more like taking what they can afford at a position of need.

They also got a 1st back for him, and a Super Bowl appearance while he was here.
And if he didn't turn like an idiot on a merry-go-round into a crunching hit, we would've won that Super Bowl!!!

Adding a vet versalite DB to your secondary after you lost witehead for eg and your secondary could use improvements anyway sounds like a desperation move to you ?

He’s 31 and wasn’t very good last year…

This would actually be a sneaky good pick up and of course nobody here panicking about OL is even discussing it :)

It might be academic since i doubt Bills will let him go but they are getting a bit tight in cap and BB knows this game. The fact that they have him visit means they are at least ready to compete.

He stepped up quite impressively for the Bills also in the playoffs. Played all 3 IOL positions and reportedly can back up T as well.
Karras had a great year but this kid could even be an upgrade with 4 years younger..
I seriously don't want any part of the Bills OL. They were really bad all year until Spencer Brown locked down the right side after coming off of injury. I'd take Brown and no one else on that line. Can't run block to save their lives and can't protect Josh Allen (for those wondering how the Jags shut down Allen, the play of their OL did them no favors). I don't want Daryl Williams either

Trent Brown is the key at this point, we need to re-sign him. He's healthy now and hopefully he's been strengthening that calf. When he's right he's an athletic dominant OT who can play either side and creates matchup problems. Our OL can be a strength if he returns, together with Onwenu stepping up which is likely.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen

RETURNING

ILB Harvey Langi (30) - $1.2M / 1 yr
OL James Ferentz (32) - TBD
QB Brian Hoyer (36) - $4M / 2yr
FS Devin McCourty (34) - $9M / 1yr
ST Matt Slater (36) - $2.6M / 1yr
K Nick Folk (37) - $5M / 2 yr
RB James White (30) - $5M / 2 yr

DEPARTURES

CB J.C. Jackson (27) - $82.5M / 5yr
C Ted Karras (29) - $18M / 3yr
FB Jakob Johnson (27) - $1.5M/1yr
RB Brandon Bolden (32) - $5M /2yr
OG Shaq Mason (28) - traded to TB
OLB Wino (27) - traded to CLE

ARRIVALS

WR Ty Montgomery (29) - $4M / 2 yr
LB Mack Wilson (24) - $2.5M / 1 yr
CB Terry Mitchell (30) - $1.75M /1yr

UNSIGNED FREE AGENTS

ILB Ja'Whaun Bentley
RT Trent Brown
OLB Jamie Collins (32)
TE Troy Fumagalli
LB Terez Hall
ILB Dont'a Hightower (32)
FS Brandon King
WR Jakobi Meyers (tendered)
WR Gunner Olszewski

With 65 players signed, NE has the 2nd oldest roster at 27.22 years.
I wonder how much that's skewed by having several particularly old players that only see the field a couple snaps a game (Slater at 36, Folk at 37) or none at all (Hoyer at 36).

Ryan plays safety at this point in his career. Mitchell is a corner, right?
Good point, wasn’t aware Ryan is a S.

How so? None of the big shot afc teams have done a thing yet. Last I checked, none of em won the SB last year and most of them didn’t have a dominant record. Ohhh, you’re projecting. I get it n
Always a negative slant. Well done.
its factual. Not necessarily a negative slant. Patriots absolutely have to get younger and think about how they will replace some of their older veterans within the next year or two.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back