PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Combine news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I think that Waters will be around in the 6th.

I think he will slip as well, if it was my money and the meds came back ok I would gamble with a 5,6 or 7 nothing sooner.

Honestly? I think that Waters will be around in the 6th.

no way. Waters was a late 1st-2nd round prospect. I watched him since hes in the ACC and this kid is an animal. If he stayed healthy i think he could of been right up there behind Willis/Timmons and next to Beason

He'll go 4th round and be a huge steal

Last edited:
Name: Anthony Waters (+) Coming off knee injury
College: Clemson Number: 40
Height: 6-3 Weight: 242
Position: ILB Pos2: OLB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2007
40 Time: 4.59 40 Low: 4.55 40 High: 4.64
Projected Round: 7
Rated number 13 out of 91 ILB's 266/2340 TOTAL

Analysis

Positives: Physical tone-setter in the middle of the defense. Has prototypical size and instincts for the position. Reads the action well and aggressively attacks the line of scrimmage. Explosive when fighting through blocks. Among the draft's most technical, pure tacklers. Explodes into the ball carrier. Good agility to slip blocks on the interior as well as beat them physically. Enough speed to meet the ball carrier at the edge. Team leader.

Negatives: Recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament, and his availability for the 2007 season is in question. A bit of a one-dimensional run stuffer. Lacks the change-of-direction agility and instincts for coverage. Can get too aggressive at the point of attack and lose containment.

no way. Waters was a late 1st-2nd round prospect. I watched him since hes in the ACC and this kid is an animal. If he stayed healthy i think he could of been right up there behind Willis/Timmons and next to Beason

He'll go 4th round and be a huge steal

Yes, I know where Waters was previously, I was looking at him prior to the start of this season. However, his knee injury was devestating. Most sites have him as a 5-7 pick.

Everything depends on whether he can successfully partake in the combine and pro-days. My bets are that he stays in the 5-7 range unless he truly shows that his knee is fully healed after just 5 months. And that is a very big LONG shot.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/621659.html

Don't tell Pittsburgh cornerback Darrelle Revis that the shutdown cornerback is a thing of the past. Revis estimates that opposing quarterbacks only targeted him 10-15 times all of last season. He still had two interceptions and intentionally dropped one on fourth down against WVU. His uncle is former NFL player Sean Gilbert and he's from the same town as Ty Law (they've been in contact with each other, but there's no relation). He's certainly got the right friends and the right pedigree, but we'll have to wait for his Pro Day on March 16 to see him run (tweaked his hamstring).

Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston said he's been timed at 4.22 and 4.23 recently on a track in Orlando. Using that speed to cover the nation's top receivers mano a mano, here are his evaluations: Dwayne Jarrett – "real long;” Sidney Rice – "best athlete, can really jump;” Robert Meachem – "speed;" Dwayne Bowe – "real physical, REAL;" Courtney Taylor – "great route runner." To Houston's recollection, only Meachem scored on him. The junior could be the first corner drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST