PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 2022 Cuts Tracker

The Panthers released Daviyon Nixon to make room for Henry Anderson. I guess Anderson’s injury settlement is probably pretty short, while Nixon is another example of teams correctly letting a player fall in the draft relative to the media consensus.

It doesn't matter how long his injury settlement is for. It only applies to the Patriots.

Depending on how well Miami runs against us, I might have Brian pick him up at the airport for a workout...
Was he with the Patriots few years ago ? I think he got cut after the camp. He joined KC after that and won a Super Bowl with them.

Dowling was picked one spot after Harry. He played in 9 games over 2 years for the Pats before he was cut and he went on to play in 3 more games for another team before he was out of the league.

Dowling was selected with the first pick of the second round (33rd overall) by the New England Patriots in the 2011 NFL Draft.[3]

Dowling played two games for the Patriots in the 2011 season before injuring his hip in Week 2 against San Diego. On October 29, 2011, the Patriots placed him on Injured Reserve, ending his 2011 season.[4]

On October 26, 2012, Dowling was placed on injured reserve with a torn thigh muscle, ending his 2012 season.[5] On August 28, 2013, the Patriots released Dowling as part of their roster cutdown to 75 players.

This is worse than N'keal
Here is the list of the CBs that went after Ras I Dowling in the 2011 draft.

Aaron Williams 2nd Rd
Marcus Gilchrist 2nd Rd
Brandon Harris 2nd Rd
Chris Culliver 3rd Rd
Demarcus Van Dyke 3rd Rd
Johnny Patrick 3rd Rd
Shareece Rice 3rd Rd
Curtis Marsh 3rd Rd
Curtis Brown 3rd Rd

Not a single pro bowl CB in that list, let alone all pro caliber.

Here is the next 2 WRs taken after Harry in 2019.

Deebo Samuel 2nd Rd
AJ Brown 2nd Rd

With DK Metcalf not far behind.

The big difference between Ras IR and Harry is that the 2011 draft was terrible for CBs where the 2019 draft had all pro caliber WRs taken immediately after Harry.

That is why Harry is the much bigger bust and it's not even close

Here is the list of the CBs that went after Ras I Dowling in the 2011 draft.

Aaron Williams 2nd Rd
Marcus Gilchrist 2nd Rd
Brandon Harris 2nd Rd
Chris Culliver 3rd Rd
Demarcus Van Dyke 3rd Rd
Johnny Patrick 3rd Rd
Shareece Rice 3rd Rd
Curtis Marsh 3rd Rd
Curtis Brown 3rd Rd

Not a single pro bowl CB in that list, let alone all pro caliber.

Here is the next 2 WRs taken after Harry in 2019.

Deebo Samuel 2nd Rd
AJ Brown 2nd Rd

With DK Metcalf not far behind.

The big difference between Ras IR and Harry is that the 2011 draft was terrible for CBs where the 2019 draft had all pro caliber WRs taken immediately after Harry.

That is why Harry is the much bigger bust and it's not even close
Oh so they had to take a db? I didn’t realize that was a rule. A bad pick is a bad pick. Great logic you win the internet!

Oh so they had to take a db? I didn’t realize that was a rule. A bad pick is a bad pick. Great logic you win the internet!
Wow I don't think you could be anymore obtuse, bravo for being thick headed

Cowboys waive rookie DT John the Vanilla Gorilla Ridgeway to make room for QB Cooper Rush & PK Brett Maher.

Here's another chance to replace the execrable Carl's Junior Davis, Bill...

Cowboys waive rookie DT John the Vanilla Gorilla Ridgeway to make room for QB Cooper Rush & PK Brett Maher.

Here's another chance to replace the execrable Carl's Junior Davis, Bill...
As a developmental guy, sure, but he is not ready to be a contributor on Sundays yet. Needs to refine his technique and add another 15 lbs of beef.

Tampa releases CB Ross Cokcrell... Don't think Bill will bring in anybody new at that position until there's another injury...

(that's not how his name is spelled, but auto censor...)
Injury, or suspension, or (gulp) arrest….

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back