Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:03 AM.
I think the 49ers will win, that defense will get to Aaron. 49ers defense is healthy and scary good!
My remaining post-season interests...
1) Hey neato! SF-Green Bay! 90s flashback. Now if one of them plays the Cowboys in the NFCCG next year, we have a scripting issue... Okay, that's not a rooting interest, just "Hey I am the last person to realize it, but SF-GB is cool!"
2) SF = Jimmy G and by God, I swore that if he weren't playing us, he's got my slackadaisical support.
3) Tennessee = Vrabel, Dion Lewis, Malco(l)m Butler (I forget if he's the one with or without the L), a buncha other guys, and by God, I swore that if they weren't playing us, they've got my slackadaisical support.
4) If we have a Chiefs connection someone has to remind me what it is, Tenn. and SF look like "colonies" though. I want a Tenn. - SF Super Bowl.
5) I don't care if SF gets a sixth title -- that's like being worried about "Sixburgh." 4 were in the 70s (or 5 in the 80s-90s). Come on now. It just challenges us to rise from the ashes. Unparalelled 2 decades... not bad, now what's next? PS, don't wait as long as those guys did, I had some heart issues recently.
I've never before felt like there's a special little something to be interested in even once we're out of it. I am feeling perversely encouraged by Tennessee's performance against Balmer - sort of having an Indy Clots, "Defeated by World Champions" banner moment. "We can't be that bad... oh wait it's okay, Tenn. is actually good."
On the other hand, Derrick Henry is going to keep doing that to teams (we're a team, so it logically follows that he'll keep doing that to us).
I have no idea what we'll have to work with next year. Right now, it looks like the wheels might have to come off. So many pieces, all of which I want to keep together... "Keep the whole D together except where we improve, keep everybody remotely promising on the offense and have a bunch to spend that we don't have to spend, keep Brady..." etc. And improve everywhere else. I look forward to watching it fall into place.
But this is a nice little bonus, being able to watch some friendly faces making good even though it's over for us
Okay, that's what I think. Hope some of it was on topic.
Defending champs hosted GB in what looked like a tune up to a 4th straight NFCCG between Dallas and SF, but Brett Favre has other ideas. The following year, SF went into GB and got throttled by the eventual SB winner. The year after that, SF hosted GB with SB32 on the line and came up short once again. In their 4th straight January matchup, Jerry Rice fumbled the ball...and game...away, but the refs missed it and replay wasn't available in '98; Shortly thereafter, Young-to-Owens for "The Catch 2" happened and spared SF another defeat at the hands of the Cheeseheads. Green Bay/SF in the mid-late '90s was a good, underrated...and one-sided.. rivalry.
I don't get this, either. Pittsburgh did it first, so it's not like the Pats have a unique claim to 6 titles. "But then SF might get seven!" IDGAF.
49'ers - 34
Packers - 23
SF should win...what a season they had...
Separate names with a comma.