PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFCCG discussion: Packers at 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear correctly, that JG threw less than 10 passes for less than 100 yards and had a QB rating over 100? No wonder I can't stand that stat.

Jimmy G was not asked to do a whole lot yesterday. He's going to have to throw a lot more in the SB if the 49ers are going to win IMO. If I'm the Chiefs, I sell out to stop the run and force Jimmy G to throw.

Jimmy G was not asked to do a whole lot yesterday. He's going to have to throw a lot more in the SB if the 49ers are going to win IMO. If I'm the Chiefs, I sell out to stop the run and force Jimmy G to throw.

Shanahan will eat that strategy alive too.

Shanahan will eat that strategy alive too.
Selling out to stop the run against SF is hard because of Kittle. He might end up with 200yds and 3 TDs on play-action in that scenario. He's the new Gronk in terms of the queen on the chessboard.

Regards,
Chris

Selling out to stop the run against SF is hard because of Kittle. He might end up with 200yds and 3 TDs on play-action in that scenario. He's the new Gronk in terms of the queen on the chessboard.

Regards,
Chris

People don’t understand how brilliant Shanahan is. McVeigh got all the accolades. Shanahan is the next generation’s best coach. Look at the gameplan he comes up with and how opponent specific they are tailored. Look at the personnel he maximizes with the TE and FB. Look at the total ass whooping he put in the Patriots in Super Bowl 51 before his players choked (and a lot of that was also Mack playing on a broken leg.). He has his father’s scheme of building off of the outside pitch, but then he adds all kinds of modern passing concepts to it.

It will be interesting to see how he and Lynch deal with cap economics. Someone pointed out they are way over the cap due to some carryover, so to be chasing Belichick, you need the strategy and the scouting and economics to all come together. But Shanahan is a fantastic strategist. I think that’s the biggest matchup the 49ers have. The Chiefs really are one dimensional; they are dominant and can win with Mahomes just airing it out, but that’s always vulnerable. The 49ers have so many Swiss Army knife players and who the heck knows how they’ll attack the Chiefs, but I’m looking forward to that smack talking Chiefs defense getting a tremendous challenge and potentially getting embarrassed. A lot of these guys think they are better than they are, as Mahomes bails them out.

In 30 combined years where they began the season as the starting quarterback, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have a combined TWO conference titles. 2/30. Manning crapped himself all the time in the postseason but still won four conference titles.

If you were just a fan of any franchise, wouldn’t the odds be that your team would be in the Super Bowl roughly as frequently as with GOAT1 and GOAT2.

Did I hear correctly, that JG threw less than 10 passes for less than 100 yards and had a QB rating over 100? No wonder I can't stand that stat.

My favorite one was a Tebow game where he completed TWO passes out of 8 for 69 yards, 1 TD and somehow got a 102.9 rating :confused:

Teams have been "selling out" all year. GB did yest at times and SF didn't even break out everything. They ran OZ then trapped the hell out of them when GB put 2 3 tech on the line.
OZ, Stretch/Wide Zone then counter with Trap, IZ, Windback. Most of it looks the same esp first glance. Guys like Breida, Mostert can get the edge while Coleman can be the inside counter so to speak.

"Stacking the box" isn't something Shanahan is worried about. It's about angles with him.

Brees and Rodgers proved who they are this post season. Nothing new to the observant fan though.

Teams have been "selling out" all year. GB did yest at times and SF didn't even break out everything. They ran OZ then trapped the hell out of them when GB put 2 3 tech on the line.
OZ, Stretch/Wide Zone then counter with Trap, IZ, Windback. Most of it looks the same esp first glance. Guys like Breida, Mostert can get the edge while Coleman can be the inside counter so to speak.

"Stacking the box" isn't something Shanahan is worried about. It's about angles with him.

seems like a whole lot do deal with for one of the worst and inconsistent run defenses in the league. They’ve done a good job vs some good backs this year but have also gotten ripped. I just don’t know what to expect from the chiefs defensively week to week.

feel like the chiefs are better in this department than last year based on the eye test. Not sure how much better or worse they are statistically though. Can you see the 49ers having as much success as the pats did last year in the AFCCG on the ground. (And the pats still almost lost)

seems like a whole lot do deal with for one of the worst and inconsistent run defenses in the league. They’ve done a good job vs some good backs this year but have also gotten ripped. I just don’t know what to expect from the chiefs defensively week to week.

feel like the chiefs are better in this department than last year based on the eye test. Not sure how much better or worse they are statistically though. Can you see the 49ers having as much success as the pats did last year in the AFCCG on the ground. (And the pats still almost lost)
I was saying to someone yesterday it'll be a lot to deal with. GB's LBs were lost like most of the backers that tried defending the 49ers this year. I doubt there's any "scheme" they dial up that really works. As obvious and simplistic as it sounds they're just going to have to play one of their best games this year. Does it translate to points like most of the year, with Jimmy doing just enough? I definitely think SF has what it takes to make it happen.
Like you said KC been up & down but mostly a poor run defense all year. And this is SF coming in hot. I & many other will be watching Balt & SF run games for years to come. Mostly bc of how great the OL were playing. Their initial step(s), angles they take, ground they cover. Just on another level.

Really looking forward to this game. SF been the best, top 5 team all year. Peak KC is one of those teams that can beat anyone, anywhere no matter what. They can make mistakes and not bad an eye bc of how explosive they are. Should be really fun.

Dan Patrick with the best Rodgers take ever: compared him to the guy with the “greatest golf swing of all-time” but has only won one major.

Dan Patrick with the best Rodgers take ever: compared him to the guy with the “greatest golf swing of all-time” but has only won one major.
Continuing the analogy...

"Drive for show, putt for dough."

"Putting is all between the ears."

Brady is the GOAT because of what's between his ears.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes