PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next year's draft (2022)

Username

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
How many picks do we have next year, I believe it's only 5? We definitely won't be getting any comp picks, so I expect us to collect some picks for next year during this year's draft. I also do not see us trading up for a QB unless one of them falls to where we don't have to give up too much.

If we don't have a shot at one of the top QBs this year, I wouldn't mind trying to pick up an extra 1st next year. I'd love to cluster our picks in the 2nd - 4th. Quality > quantity this year for me.
Here is a thought exercise for everyone. What would you do if Houston offered next years #1 and say this years 4th or 5th for #15? Would be very tempting to me. Houston won 4 games with Watson this year. They may not have him at all next year.

Here is a thought exercise for everyone. What would you do if Houston offered next years #1 and say this years 4th or 5th for #15? Would be very tempting to me. Houston won 4 games with Watson this year. They may not have him at all next year.
Very tempting. Texans will probably pick top 5 bc there roster is bottom 3 for me. I highly doubt they would do that trade bc they know they will pick earlier than 15 next year and are far away from win now modus. They need to draft a special playmaker they can built defense/offense around or trade down to college more talent but still pick top 10-12.

Any early favorite prospects for 2022? I'm trying to do better this year. One guy who intrigues me? Treylon Burks. Huge games against SEC opponents, although Alabama shut him down. Big guy with some wheels. Could be a Harry replacement when #15 signs a big deal in FA. ;)

Any early favorite prospects for 2022? I'm trying to do better this year. One guy who intrigues me? Treylon Burks. Huge games against SEC opponents, although Alabama shut him down. Big guy with some wheels. Could be a Harry replacement when #15 signs a big deal in FA. ;)
Neal RT from Alabama if we don't resign Brown.
Aidan Hutchinson DE Michigan. Really liked him this year for us on the other side of Judon. Size for early down run stopper, third down DT. Relentless motor.

Last edited:
I'm going to look at WR's and DB's to begin with. My too early list of WR's that I'm going to start with next week is

Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
Chris Olave, Ohio State
Justyn Ross, Clemson
George Pickens, Georgia
John Metchie, Alabama
Theo Wease, Oklahoma
Jadon Haselwood, Oklahoma
Khalil Shakir, Boise State
Jahan Dotson, Penn State
Treylon Burks, Arkansas
Ty Fryfogle, Indiana

With a name like Fryfogle...he's gotta be my binkie next year !

I'm going to look at WR's and DB's to begin with. My too early list of WR's that I'm going to start with next week is

Chris Olave, Ohio State
Justyn Ross, Clemson
George Pickens, Georgia
John Metchie, Alabama
Again some nice WR if they will enter the draft. Some can be available later first rd. With a heavier defense class. There are some potential breakouts here. Interesting to see metchie Wilson olave and ross with a new qb
Theo Wease, Oklahoma
Jahan Dotson, Penn State
Treylon Burks, Arkansas
Ty Fryfogle, Indiana

Chris Olave, Ohio State
Justyn Ross, Clemson
George Pickens, Georgia
John Metchie, Alabama
Theo Wease, Oklahoma
Jahan Dotson, Penn State
Treylon Burks, Arkansas
Ty Fryfogle, Indiana
Yet ANOTHER good WR class?

Bb needs to draft dt Jordan Davis of Georgia and ot falalala of Minnesota.

they are monsters and fill two huge needs if brown leaves again.

Bb needs to draft dt Jordan Davis of Georgia and ot falalala of Minnesota.

they are monsters and fill two huge needs if brown leaves again.
Well, Deck The Halls.....Is his proper name bouzza holley ???

I'm so glad the sh-t drafting from 2013-2019 seems to have been corrected. Like our crap drought from 2005-2008. BB only has a couple of years left and we can't waste it on low-IQ John Carroll people mucking it up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back