PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next Stop, the Underwear Olympics

Ealy needs work, but you have to remember that he is far from a finished product. He's raw with a lot of upside and, from what I've seen, his number one problem is with his consistently high pad level. That is extremely coachable. Would he be my first choice at DE? Hell no. As a matter of fact, I'm beginning to become more and more convinced that we need to pick up a DE in free agency because that's the one position where this draft doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of depth. But, if the Pats decided to take him, his flaws can be fixed (time in the weight room with a professional condition coach, coached up on using his hands more, coached up on lowering his pad level, etc.).

Kony Ealy is a very talented prospect, no doubt about it. He has the most likelihood that I can see of any prospect in this draft of becoming another Greg Hardy - a dominant player who can play both end positions, inside, or drop into coverage. That's a tremendous combination. The problem is, he also has the most likelihood that I can see of any prospect in this draft of becoming another Jamal Anderson - an incredibly athletic talent who just doesn't fit anywhere, and for whom the light never turns on.

Like Ra'Shede Hageman, he's a somewhat risky pick, who could just as easily turn out to be either a great selection or a bust.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back