PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next Stop, the Underwear Olympics

He actually shoves and drags them. So he has a stiff arm and can drag defenders to get yards after the catch...

“(Leonard) was arrested in February and later pleaded nolo contendre to a misdemeanor battery count. His girlfriend told police Leonard shoved her to the ground and dragged her through an apartment by her hair and feet. The police report said the woman was missing “chunks of hair” from her head.”

That was wrong, bad humor! I actually was not aware of his off field issues till you said this and I googled it. The player we are trying to replace is a murderer so if you consider that... :)

I think I'll pass. Won't be on my board.

Some early bench press numbers form Josh Norris on Twitter:

- Brandon Coleman: 21 reps @ 225# (with 34" arms)
- Jordan Matthews: 21 (with 33 1/4" arms)
- Sammy Watkins: 16
- Martavis Bryant: 16
- Brandin Cooks: 16
- Kelvin Benjamin: 13 (34 7/8" arms)

I did not expect this

Fiedorowicz has had a very good day. Edging into late day two range for me and into Pats consideration as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Niklas had the worst 3 cone at 7.57. Rodgers did OK at 7.23. Burton did well with 7.14. I'm not sure how predictive the 3cone is for the Patriots at TE. Evidence suggests not.

There's still room on the Fiedorowicz band wagon, come one come all! :D

Really wasn't expecting him to be too agile never mind fastest 3 cone :eek: him & Gronk has been the dream scenario for me for quite some time and with defenses getting smaller....GL rest of the league if those 2 monsters get to line up with Brady passing the ball to them!

There's still room on the Fiedorowicz band wagon, come one come all! :D

Really wasn't expecting him to be too agile never mind fastest 3 cone :eek: him & Gronk has been the dream scenario for me for quite some time and with defenses getting smaller....GL rest of the league if those 2 monsters get to line up with Brady passing the ball to them!

Fastest short shuttle too at 4:26. Gronk was 4.47. Great day for Fiedorowicz.

I thought he was going to be a less mobile & slower Gronk which would be Jake Ballard pre-injury, so not exactly a bad player at all his performance today on the agility drills is just confirming to me that he's the TE that needs drafting.

I thought he was going to be a less mobile & slower Gronk which would be Jake Ballard pre-injury, so not exactly a bad player at all his performance today on the agility drills is just confirming to me that he's the TE that needs drafting.

I shall wait until ASJ's pro day but I'm starting to like Fiedorowicz- Burton/Lyerla as a possibility. I wouldn't rule Amaro out either somewhere in the second.

Big hands as well, and says he models his game after Gronk.
I want someone more in the hernandez model but having a mini gronk out there does not seem a bad idea.

Another day 2 pick i guess..

Big hands as well, and says he models his game after Gronk.
I want someone more in the hernandez model but having a mini gronk out there does not seem a bad idea.

Another day 2 pick i guess..

A nice 3-cone does not a day 2 pick make, IMO. He just doesn't play with that kind of agility or explosiveness. Day 3 for Fiedorowicz in my book, and if he rises and pushes someone else down, fine by me.

Wow Fiedo. Really showing some athleticism. I got on his wagon back at the Senior Bowl
C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa

6055 262 10 5/8 32 1/4

Mon: A traditional tight end. Big, strong and dominant as a blocker. Easily turned opponents off the ball and opened huge holes for the running game. An offensive lineman in a tight ends body.
Senior Bowl: North Team Practice Page

Definitely want him in the second.

A nice 3-cone does not a day 2 pick make, IMO. He just doesn't play with that kind of agility or explosiveness. Day 3 for Fiedorowicz in my book, and if he rises and pushes someone else down, fine by me.

Its not just a nice 3 cone though.
He does have some problems getting separation but i can see some teams liking him late in the 2nd.

It can do for the Patriots. Bear in mind that there's fairly limited reps on Fiedorowicz on tape, I think it was only 30 catches. It's certainly worth revisiting the tape in light of this. For a point of reference, Fiedorowicz and Sudfeld had almost identical numbers with Fiedorowicz doing much better in the short shuttle and being 12lbs heavier.

I agree. A.C Leonard ran a 4.5 40 which I simply cannot believe. You would never think that watching him. I had him as a 6th rounder and practice squad potential and now I bet somebody takes him way too high.

Its not just a nice 3 cone though.
He does have some problems getting separation but i can see some teams liking him late in the 2nd.

It can do for the Patriots. Bear in mind that there's fairly limited reps on Fiedorowicz on tape, I think it was only 30 catches. It's certainly worth revisiting the tape in light of this. For a point of reference, Fiedorowicz and Sudfeld had almost identical numbers with Fiedorowicz doing much better in the short shuttle and being 12lbs heavier.

I agree that it's worth revisiting the tape, and I suspend final judgment, but my recollection of Fiedorowicz's tape is pretty clear. He's a blocking TE with limited ability to get separation. Sudfeld was a UDFA, and he didn't last long With all the talent in this draft, I would be appalled if the Pats reached for Fiedorowicz in the 2nd round, or even on day 2. Again, I'll look at the film as objectively as I can, but I really didn't see anything from his film that was consistent with those numbers. In general, when the numbers say one thing and the film says another, I'll go with the film just about every time, unless there's a clear explanatory factor (such as injuries in the case of Chandler Jones).

I agree that it's worth revisiting the tape, and I suspend final judgment, but my recollection of Fiedorowicz's tape is pretty clear. He's a blocking TE with limited ability to get separation. Sudfeld was a UDFA, and he didn't last long With all the talent in this draft, I would be appalled if the Pats reached for Fiedorowicz in the 2nd round, or even on day 2. Again, I'll look at the film as objectively as I can, but I really didn't see anything form his film that was consistent with those numbers. In general, when the numbers say one thing and the film says another, I'll go with the film just about every time, unless there's a clear explanatory factor (such as injuries in the case of Chandler Jones).

I agree on the film but even there he's a clear end zone threat and chain mover. If his athleticism says that he can be more then I think a small push up the board is warranted. Will he be Jimmy Graham? No. Is he too similar to Gronk? Probably, and they are all reasons to temper a dramatic increase in stock from a Pats perspective. But even so, his numbers were excellent and surprising and if nothing else, fair play to him.

Per Tony Pauline, ASJ didn't run because of a foot fracture.

I'll be thrilled if Kyle Fiedorowicz is the "new ASJ" and ASJ slips.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back