PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Years Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Got any predictions for this new year? :)

Here's mine:

If McDaniels leaves, the QB of the team he ends up with will be Cassel. ;)

The Jests will suck.

NE wins three games at the LOS.

1. during the regular season.
2. the AFCCG
3. SB.

Brady starts game one, wins CBPOY honors next year.

Brady retires, Cassel signs long-term w/ NE.

Brady retires, Cassel signs long-term w/ NE.

Brady RETURNS....wins 3 of next 4 SB and Brady & BB walk off into the sunset. Patriot nation lives happily ever after, secure in having become the greatest of all time.

Last edited:
Brady RETURNS....wins 3 of next 4 SB and Brady & BB walk off into the sunset. Patriot nation lives happily ever after, secure in having become the greatest of all time.

I gave a PREDICTION, not a wish list.

Brady has nothing to prove, certainly not at the expense of his knee. This will factor into things this offseason.

Okay, since I'm a Jets fan (hey all) I'll give my Predictions for both the Jets & Pats.

New England
1. Tom Brady will start September 13th/14th against ???
2. The Patriots will win the AFC East in 2009
3. Brady will be Comeback Player Of The Year
4. Laurence "Kool-Aid" Maroney will gain 1,000+ yards
5. Wes Welker will again lead the league in receptions

Jets
1. Brett Favre will retire
2. Kellen Clemens will be the starting QB
3. The Jets will go no better than 9-7, again, but probably worse than that
4. Bill Callahan will be promoted to Head Coach
5. Leon Washington will lead the league in 40+ yard plays, again

Hey 124 - I hope your next coach will bench Favre if he doesn't hang it up.

The Pats won't make the mistake of needing that dude's help again, lol.

I predict Brady starts game #1 and the threads by season's end will say "just when we thought Brady had nothing left to prove..."

Gonna be a good year. Can't wait.

Okay, since I'm a Jets fan (hey all) I'll give my Predictions for both the Jets & Pats.

New England
1. Tom Brady will start September 13th/14th against ???
2. The Patriots will win the AFC East in 2009
3. Brady will be Comeback Player Of The Year
4. Laurence "Kool-Aid" Maroney will gain 1,000+ yards
5. Wes Welker will again lead the league in receptions

Jets
1. Brett Favre will retire
2. Kellen Clemens will be the starting QB
3. The Jets will go no better than 9-7, again, but probably worse than that
4. Bill Callahan will be promoted to Head Coach
5. Leon Washington will lead the league in 40+ yard plays, again

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:
An interesting dose of reality, from an unexpected source.. nice job.. I can live with this scenario.. Favre has to go.

Last edited:
I predict Brady starts game #1 and the threads by season's end will say "just when we thought Brady had nothing left to prove..."

Of course this will be accompanied by the obligatory rant and whine from Dennis and Callahan who will go on and on and on about why return as it may jeopardize his future and his family will suffer..

Matt Cassel signs the franchise tender and remains in NE as insurance against Brady not being ready to start the season.

Brady does play in 2009 but not 16 games.

Pats win the AFC East.

Brett Favre returns because he isn't giving up the $ remaining on his contract.

Jets finish last in AFC East.

Last edited:
1.) Iran and Israel will sign a long-lasting peace agreement

2.) Costa Rica will become a major global power

3.) Republicans and Democrats will work together, with no agendas, to get our nation back on track

4.) Human regeneration will be discovered, allowing all injuries to heal almost instantly

5.) Friendly aliens from Alpha Centauri will arrive on our planet and will give us the secret to portable, perpetual energy devises which will change the very foundation of society

6.) The Jets will win the Super Bowl

I gave a PREDICTION, not a wish list.

Brady has nothing to prove, certainly not at the expense of his knee. This will factor into things this offseason.

I'm willing to bet everything I have against this. Brady from all accounts is the biggest competitor in the league. The guy gets juiced to win a backgammon game. Brady is far more likely to defy doctors orders against playing than walk away from the game because there is a chance he could permanently damage his knee.

My prediction is he will play game 1.

1.) Iran and Israel will sign a long-lasting peace agreement

2.) Costa Rica will become a major global power

3.) Republicans and Democrats will work together, with no agendas, to get our nation back on track

4.) Human regeneration will be discovered, allowing all injuries to heal almost instantly

5.) Friendly aliens from Alpha Centauri will arrive on our planet and will give us the secret to portable, perpetual energy devises which will change the very foundation of society

6.) The Jets will win the Super Bowl

Granted the first 5 are long shots, but that 6th one. Wow! That is one is just out there with no basis in reality.

Patriots remain healthy.

Brady is far more likely to defy doctors orders against playing than walk away from the game because there is a chance he could permanently damage his knee.

So you think that Brady is willing to risk suffering a definite career-ending injury just because he is "competitive" and doesn't give a crap about doctor's orders? Do you think Belichick and the front office care about doctor's orders? I'm willing to bet everything I have that they do.

We have nothing to indicate that Brady is going to be ready for 2009. If Cassel is franchised (which reports indicate will happen) then there is concern over Brady's availability in the Pats front office AND there is the possibility that the Pats can sign Cassel long-term.

1. Maroney will play in at least 14 games and have a 1200+ yard season, or less yardage but average close to 4.5ypc if Morris/Jordan are still with the team and healthy throughout the season. Mr. Maroney will quickly turn that great season into BIG free agent money which the Pats won't even attempt to match.

2. Seymour will also have a great season, and sign elsewhere for big money. Pats won't attempt to match.

3. The team will add a ILB prospect on the 1st day of the draft. He will turn out to be ~75-80% as good as Mayo, but more of a Ted Johnson run-stuffer type. This will make a Mayo-Guyton-draft pick-Alexander rotation at ILB.

4. Bruschi, Harrison, Seau will headline the shadow roster.

5. A TE will be drafted to play behind and learn from Watson, so he can take over when Watson signs with another team after the season.

So you think that Brady is willing to risk suffering a definite career-ending injury just because he is "competitive" and doesn't give a crap about doctor's orders? Do you think Belichick and the front office care about doctor's orders? I'm willing to bet everything I have that they do.

We have nothing to indicate that Brady is going to be ready for 2009. If Cassel is franchised (which reports indicate will happen) then there is concern over Brady's availability in the Pats front office AND there is the possibility that the Pats can sign Cassel long-term.

No, I said he is more likely to do that than walk away from the game. There is a big difference. I see about a zero percent chance of Brady walking away from the game unless he tears his ACL again, but I can see maybe a 1% chance he would defy the doctor's orders. Even Tom Curran said yesterday that there is no way Brady walks away from the game.

There is no indication that if Brady plays there is a significant risk of a career ending injury other than what every player risks getting walking on the field. Nowhere in Curran's piece nor anywhere else does it say Brady is at a significant risk of career threating injury.

I say right now that there is a better chance that Giselle leaves Tom for me than there is Tom to walk away from the game. Is that better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore