PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Vikings fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss isn't a Pat anymore so he is the enemy now. You're not a true fan if you support him.
Yeah, because rooting for a player and his team when they are facing a division rival that your team is tied for first place with is identical to rooting for that player and his team when they play the team you are a fan of.

This is like how rubberneckers have to stop and look at a wreck when there's a car crash. Each new comment you just keep burying yourself deeper and deeper.

images

According to YOU anyway. You seem to have difficult separating fact from opinion. :rolleyes:

It's the commonly accepted definition of what it means to be a sports fan. Since you seem to put a lot of stock in non-scientific Internet polls, why don't you start one in here and ask the board how many of them are rooting for Moss to be successful when the Vikings play the Patriots?

I was against the Seymour trade when it happened, but I would never in a million years consider hoping that Seymour would dominate if the teams ever played, just so I could come back to the forums and gloat. For someone who likes to play the victim and decry others' lack of maturity when it comes to name calling, I have to say your outlook on the Patriots is as immature as it gets.

Its amazing how things can change in just a single day. :lol2: Yeah, a week ago I was a homer (which I wasn't) and now I'm a bandwagoner (which I am also not) :lol2:

I have no alts, he added me to his friends list like a week ago. I'd appreciate it if the mods corrected you guys on this.

IP's are checked when there are reason to check them.

This thread is silly and I'm moving it to the Practice Squad.

And guys, watch what you post. There are several here that got awfully personal and could/should have led to action.

I've disagreed with you teenah, but there is no need for some of the personal insulting posts on this thread.

Wow, just wow.

Tonight Randy Moss is playing against our most hated division rival, the New Jersey Jest. It is in the New England Patriots best interest for him to be successful. Even if you hate Randy Moss, a Patriot fan must root for him tonight.

OTOH, on Oct 31 he will be playing against the NEP. A fan of the NEP will be rooting for him to have a horrible game.

The other games -- Cowboys, Bears, Packers, etc. Doesn't matter. A NEP who likes Moss can root for him. NEP fans who dislike Moss and/or Favre can root against them. Those games don't affect NEP fandom.

So basically your support of Randy has nothing to do with his time as a Patriot, what he did for our team, etc... You only cheer for him when you want the other team to lose and couldn't care less about his years on our team? Wow, that makes pats fans sound pretty umm.... Well, not good. :eek:

And guys, watch what you post. There are several here that got awfully personal and could/should have led to action.

I've disagreed with you teenah, but there is no need for some of the personal insulting posts on this thread.

*Claps Hands. :)

Incorrect. You're not a true fan if you support him at the expense of your team.

Hopefully that clears things up. If not, we can probably get someone to write it in crayon for you.

According to YOU anyway. You seem to have difficult separating fact from opinion. :rolleyes:
So in your opinion supporting a player on another team at the expense of your own team is okay, and still qualifies you as a fan of that team?

I can't wait to hear the explanation for this one.

Well thanks. :D Yeah, its fine to disagree with people and i'm fine with people having issues with my opinions but this has gotten a bit out of control. I personally never reported any of the stuff to the mods even though I could have. I just didn't care enough to do it. :confused2: And I was just suggesting that you check our IPs because some people seem to think I am USCPatriot. It would solve the whole situation. :D

So in your opinion supporting a player on another team at the expense of your own team is okay, and still qualifies you as a fan of that team?

I can't wait to hear the explanation for this one.

Yes, I do. But I don't believe you have to be a homer to be a fan. People are talking about fans in the same manner as republicans and democrats talk about their parties. Either you agree with them and support them 100% of the time or you are a RHINO or whatever. I have never been the kind of person who will support anyone or anything 100% of the time. Sometimes my sense of what's right overrides my loyalty. And I think Moss should have a great game against us to show that he deserved his contract extension and to prove all of the critics wrong. I would prefer it if we still won the game in the end but i'll accept the loss if its necessary. :D One loss won't destroy our season. Our new offense on the other hand..... :confused:

So basically your support of Randy has nothing to do with his time as a Patriot, what he did for our team, etc... You only cheer for him when you want the other team to lose and couldn't care less about his years on our team? Wow, that makes pats fans sound pretty umm.... Well, not good. :eek:

I root for laundry. I rooted for Moss when he wore red, white and blue laundry. Not when he wears purple and gold.

My feelings towards Moss are not dissimilar to my feeling toward Adam Vinteria, Drew Bledsoe, Larry Izzo, Ty Law, Maroney, Milloy, Terry Glenn, Cassel, Vrabel, etc.

Some of those on the list such as Adam actually did more for the team as a Patriot than Randy did. Yet I only hoped for Adam to do well as a Colt when it was in the best interest of the Patriots (pretty rare).

I like Larry Izzo as a person more than Randy Moss, but that doesn't mean I rooted for Izzo when he was a stinkin Jet.

Yes, I do. But I don't believe you have to be a homer to be a fan. People are talking about fans in the same manner as republicans and democrats talk about their parties. Either you agree with them and support them 100% of the time or you are a RHINO or whatever. I have never been the kind of person who will support anyone or anything 100% of the time. Sometimes my sense of what's right overrides my loyalty. And I think Moss should have a great game against us to show that he deserved his contract extension and to prove all of the critics wrong. I would prefer it if we still won the game in the end but i'll accept the loss if its necessary. :D One loss won't destroy our season. Our new offense on the other hand..... :confused:
So basically you are putting your fandom for Moss above your fandom for the Pats; and a Pats victory is less important than 'proof' that Moss' critics were wrong and that your opinion is correct.

As for one game not making a difference, check out the standings in 2009, 2008, 2005, 2002, etc. How many times in the past decade have tiebreakers not come in to play in the last decade when it came to determining which NFL teams do or do not make the playoffs?

So basically you are putting your fandom for Moss above your fandom for the Pats; and a Pats victory is less important than 'proof' that Moss' critics were wrong and that your opinion is correct.

As for one game not making a difference, check out the standings in 2009, 2008, 2005, 2002, etc. How many times in the past decade have tiebreakers not come in to play in the last decade when it came to determining which NFL teams do or do not make the playoffs?

No, I'm putting what's right above my loyalty. Moss was treated poorly by fans during his team with us and by management when they didn't extend him, regardless of what the reasoning was behind it. So i think he deserves a taste of payback. You can interpret that however you want but I know where my loyalties are and that is really all that matters.

So feel free to go back to repeating the "Teenuh is not a pats fans" mantra until hell freezes over or the Browns win the superbowl, if it makes you feel better. ;)

I have much love for Chad"Lion Heart" Pennington. An unnatural amount of respect for him.

When Chad went to the Fins I hid his jersey in the attic in hopes that that would keep me from destroying it, I still like Chad and wish him success, except when he plays the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back