PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Vikings fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does it take to be considered a true fan here? In five years of religiously visiting this site, I'm still not sure.

You're only a true fan if the cool kids like you. :D

I am pretty sure rooting (or even considering rooting) against the Patriots is a disqualifier.

Both Teenuh and USCPatriot are either rooting for the Vikings or are undecided about it for the Oct 31 game. In my book that disqualifies them from being a fan.

You are no longer aloud to post on here until you learn how to read.

Fortunately you don't decide who is a fan and who isn't. ;)

You're right. I am not the one who decides who is a fan and who is not.

However, in the English language words have meanings. The word "fan" has a meaning. I am not the one who decides what that word means. However, others such as Merriam Webster have complied a listing of what those words mean.

fan (noun)
1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

Fan - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Any one who would root against the New England Patriots is not an enthusiastic devotee.

You are not a "fan" of the New England Patriots, as the word "fan" is typically defined and used.

I am pretty sure rooting (or even considering rooting) against the Patriots is a disqualifier.

Both Teenuh and USCPatriot are either rooting for the Vikings or are undecided about it for the Oct 31 game. In my book that disqualifies them from being a fan.

Yeah, that would definitely would be. IMO, there's nothing wrong with supporting a player from a different team. Rooting for them when they are an opponent is kind of odd. Sometimes things don't work out with players and teams. That's life. Some are upset, some are not. Loosing Moss' talent hurts, but losing team chemistry hurts way more.

I admire her passion, no question of that. But she, and a lot of other posters here should be thankful of the team we have. I can only imagine what things would be like, had Kraft hired someone other than BB back in 2000...

after five years ,I'd find another religion:D

In a way, I did that with this site. Once Comcast started restricting newsgroup access, I had to move on. Accessing them through Google was a pain in the arse. The labeling and flaming here, are the main reasons I don't post that much. The abundance of members here fill threads up fast, and are derailed quickly. But that's common anywhere on the internet. Luckily, there are a few people here that don't get caught up in all that ridiculousness, and I'm thankful for that.

You're right. I am not the one who decides who is a fan and who is not.

However, in the English language words have meanings. The word "fan" has a meaning. I am not the one who decides what that word means. However, others such as Merriam Webster have complied a listing of what those words mean.

Fan - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Any one who would root against the New England Patriots is not an enthusiastic devotee.

You are not a "fan" of the New England Patriots, as the word "fan" is typically defined and used.

Where exactly in the definition does it say that you can't simultaneously root for your team and a person who used to be an important part of your team and just happens to play for the opposing team in this game. Either way, I'm supporting a Patriot. Randy will always be one in my mind.

You fail as usual. :rocker:

I am a HUGE Viking fan tonight...go #84!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Would I be aloud to add Teenuh and USCPatriot to my ignore list?

Do it. I keep seeing people say they are going to put me on ignore but they continue responding to my posts. Fascinating. :rolleyes:

Moss isn't a Pat anymore so he is the enemy now. You're not a true fan if you support him. :rolleyes:

Incorrect. You're not a true fan if you support him at the expense of your team.

Hopefully that clears things up. If not, we can probably get someone to write it in crayon for you.

:lol2: And the name-calling continues. But I have to admit, its funny that your hatred has reached the level where I have a thread devoted to me. :D

As for the comments about being a Viking fan, nice try. I guess you missed the part where I said I was there to support Randy and also pointed out that I am a Pats fan forever after one of them asked me to convert. But hey, lie as much as you want if it makes you feel better.

but we didn't miss the part where you said you would root aganst the Pats and that is the issue not that you are a fan of Randy like I said before being a fan of a player is fine but admit that is who you are a fan of and not of the team

Incorrect. You're not a true fan if you support him at the expense of your team.

Hopefully that clears things up. If not, we can probably get someone to write it in crayon for you.

I'm quoting this because it's perfectly said...and now I have 30 posts so I can play arcade games :D

Moss isn't a Pat anymore so he is the enemy now. You're not a true fan if you support him. :rolleyes:

Wrong. The enemy of my enemy is my friend tonight.:cool:

Yeah, that would definitely would be. IMO, there's nothing wrong with supporting a player from a different team. Rooting for them when they are an opponent is kind of odd. Sometimes things don't work out with players and teams. That's life. Some are upset, some are not. Loosing Moss' talent hurts, but losing team chemistry hurts way more.

I admire her passion, no question of that. But she, and a lot of other posters here should be thankful of the team we have. I can only imagine what things would be like, had Kraft hired someone other than BB back in 2000...

In a way, I did that with this site. Once Comcast started restricting newsgroup access, I had to move on. Accessing them through Google was a pain in the arse. The labeling and flaming here, are the main reasons I don't post that much. The abundance of members here fill threads up fast, and are derailed quickly. But that's common anywhere on the internet. Luckily, there are a few people here that don't get caught up in all that ridiculousness, and I'm thankful for that.

Great Post! I agree with most of your statement, I don't know where Teenuh stands but me personally I had posted a couple pages back saying I would NEVER be rooting for the Minnesota Vikings, merely Randy Moss. I even stated that when he came to Foxborough, I had not decided to root for him or against him, BUT I WOULD still be rooting against the Vikings. My dream game would be for him to possibly to put up decent numbers, but NE still coming up with a win, the the rest of the Vikings team slowly collapsing. The SAD thing is TheGodInAGreyHoodie does not know how to use the search button so he posts complete lies about other members and that to me is not right. I am already talking to forum moderators about the situation. :)

According to YOU anyway. You seem to have difficult separating fact from opinion. :rolleyes:

Wow, just wow.

Tonight Randy Moss is playing against our most hated division rival, the New Jersey Jest. It is in the New England Patriots best interest for him to be successful. Even if you hate Randy Moss, a Patriot fan must root for him tonight.

OTOH, on Oct 31 he will be playing against the NEP. A fan of the NEP will be rooting for him to have a horrible game.

The other games -- Cowboys, Bears, Packers, etc. Doesn't matter. A NEP who likes Moss can root for him. NEP fans who dislike Moss and/or Favre can root against them. Those games don't affect NEP fandom.

According to YOU anyway. You seem to have difficult separating fact from opinion. :rolleyes:

Here is a simple question that will answer the question once and for all on Halloween are you rooting for a Patriots win or a Vikings win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes