PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Vikings fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh, good ole bandwagon fans...I had a co-worker two years ago, talked about how big of a Pats fan he was. Soon after, he asked me, "Who are the Pats playing on sunday?" :bricks:

Its truly sad that some are following her around the internet just because she took an unpopular stance on the forum.

:confused: People take unpopular stances on this forum all of the time. The heat against her is that she openly stated that she would root against us when we play the Vikings just because of one player. After that, she proceeded to compare the Pats with the Detroit Lions.

Ahhhh, good ole bandwagon fans...I had a co-worker two years ago, talked about how big of a Pats fan he was. Soon after, he asked me, "Who are the Pats playing on sunday?" :bricks:

I know that, good friend of mine is the same way. He'll wear a Patriots logo shirt and talk about how much he loves the Pats, but he has no idea when they're playing next. I'm not saying everyone has to have the team memorized, where each player went to college etc. But at least knowing the schedule would be nice.

Teenuh even wore out her welcome over on the Planet ages ago, and that's hard to do.

I really wish Ian would get his nose out of joint with all the nonsense here and clean his house up again. I know the mods are lousy housekeepers as far as maintenance goes, and then there's the whole freedom of speech crowd to placate, but it is his house and we're all only guests until there isn't sufficient motivation to visit anymore because it's morphing into a frat house. But I guess intelligent posts and posters aren't missed as long as there are hits sufficient to drive the engine. Ian should probably waive the supporter fees at this juncture. Those who stepped up when he needed them don't get much value these days unless you count the care package from the pro shop...

Would have been nice given the relative excellence of the football team over the last decade if someone had started something like a SoSH board where they don't let the children and kneejerk morons and riff raff who bring nothing post. Compared to the ESPN boards and KFFL and the quirky alternative this place seemed to be that place four or five years ago. Now it's largely a waste dump where homers, contrarians, morons and trolls gather to exchange insults. You can't have a civilized discussion here anymore without someone hijacking a thread for a personal pissing match or resorting to calling each other homers or haters. The NEM chronicles and the continued existence of the political cesspool forum really combined to drag the whole place down. I remember when Ian used to say he wanted this place to develop some sense of community for patsfans. LOL

Teenuh even wore out her welcome over on the Planet ages ago, and that's hard to do.

I really wish Ian would get his nose out of joint with all the nonsense here and clean his house up again. I know the mods are lousy housekeepers as far as maintenance goes, and then there's the whole freedom of speech crowd to placate, but it is his house and we're all only guests until there isn't sufficient motivation to visit anymore because it's morphing into a frat house. But I guess intelligent posts and posters aren't missed as long as there are hits sufficient to drive the engine. Ian should probably waive the supporter fees at this juncture. Those who stepped up when he needed them don't get much value these days unless you count the care package from the pro shop...

Would have been nice given the relative excellence of the football team over the last decade if someone had started something like a SoSH board where they don't let the children and kneejerk morons and riff raff who bring nothing post. Compared to the ESPN boards and KFFL and the quirky alternative this place seemed to be that place four or five years ago. Now it's largely a waste dump where homers, contrarians, morons and trolls gather to exchange insults. You can't have a civilized discussion here anymore without someone hijacking a thread for a personal pissing match or resorting to calling each other homers or haters. The NEM chronicles and the continued existence of the political cesspool forum really combined to drag the whole place down. I remember when Ian used to say he wanted this place to develop some sense of community for patsfans. LOL

If we banned posters because of a ridiculous opinion that went against the status quo, then more than half of the posters on this forum would be gone, there would be nothing to discuss, and this place would be dead aside from the following...

"The Moss trade was a good move"
"Yeah I agree"
"Me too"
"Awesome, IBBWT"
":yeahthat:"

Thanks, but no thanks. This place is, BY FAR, the best place to discuss Patriots football on the internet. The last thing that PatsFans needs is a moderating crew that cracks down on it's posters with unreasonable censorship. Differing, and even ******ed, opinions drive conversation. Why limit that? FWIW, I do agree with your stance on the political cesspool though. That place is a complete toilet and I wish that some of the posters that sometimes crawl out of that sewage runoff and find their way up there would just stick to their own kind.

Last edited:

Speak for yourself, I get plenty of value from this site. There are plenty of intelligent posts and posters here. No need to criticize Ian because your own particular tastes aren't being suited. And if you think there's a real need for a SoSH-type forum, starting up a message board is pretty easy; can be done in just a couple of hours.

Running a site with this level of traffic is thankless work, though- can be practically a full time job in its own right, and doesn't pay ****. All the more reason why the complaints are ridiculous.

On a side note, political forums, as a general rule, are always a cesspool. I've never visited the one here, because I know that it would just drag down my experience, as you said. Solving the problem is that simple.

Last edited:
1. How did the OP come across this? IMO, that's a little weird.
2. Why does anybody care that she roots for the Vikings?

1. No clue, still interesting though.

2. Probably because they seemed to be one of us (a pats fan) and now is like rooting against the Pats, which almost seems like a betrayal of sorts. I can't speak for others, but I would never ever root for another team over the Pats just because a player I liked was traded away to that team. Actually I can't think of any situation where I would root for the other team, even if its for a #1 overall draft pick.

Perhaps its because I've experienced the dog days and so appreciate this past decade unlike any other. The worst season in the past decade has been better than 90% of the seasons prior IMO.

Last edited:
So she was already on and left the PPlanet? Maybe after leaving PF she'll move on to NEM's board. And then she'll become Mrs. NEM.

So she was already on and left the PPlanet? Maybe after leaving PF she'll move on to NEM's board. And then she'll become Mrs. NEM.

She got run off the Planet pretty rudely. That lynching went a little too far.

She got run off the Planet pretty rudely. That lynching went a little too far.

Oh, well that's too bad. A little civility is OK every now and then.

The OP already said how. A friend of his who's a Vikings fan has been talking trash since the trade and sent him a link to that board saying that even Pats fans thought it was a stupid trade. He clicked the link and presto.

If we banned posters because of a ridiculous opinion that went against the status quo, then more than half of the posters on this forum would be gone, there would be nothing to discuss, and this place would be dead aside from the following...

"The Moss trade was a good move"
"Yeah I agree"
"Me too"
"Awesome, IBBWT"
":yeahthat:"

Thanks, but no thanks. This place is, BY FAR, the best place to discuss Patriots football on the internet. The last thing that PatsFans needs is a moderating crew that cracks down on it's posters with unreasonable censorship. Differing, and even ******ed, opinions drive conversation. Why limit that? FWIW, I do agree with your stance on the political cesspool though. That place is a complete toilet and I wish that some of the posters that sometimes crawl out of that sewage runoff and find their way up there would just stick to their own kind.
Careful you don't want to get banned do you? ;)

Well......If it's any consolation we are all technically vikings fans tonight. :rocker:

1. It's already been stated a few times how I came across that Vikings site. I thought it was hilarious considering that it was sent to me from a person who had no clue what was being said over here

2. Personally, I don't care who she roots for. I just found it interesting that she stated that the Pats were in no better shape than the Lions.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan of a player and rootingfor the team he is on the problem is pretending to be a fan of the team all the time

Why hasn't she posted on this thread? It's a whole thread for her :)

1. read the thread

2. because she is a pats fan.

I won't call her a bandwagoner yet but she doesn't sound like someone who's been watching the Pats for very long. Might want to wait for some results before assuming the Moss trade is a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents