PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Julio thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, they are not getting a 1st round pick for him at this stage of his career. If they had that offer in hand, they would jumped.

They can't "jump" until June, because of the cap repercussions.

1st rounder for him is prime draft capital to move down in the draft and accumulate picks.

In the last 10 years he has traded down or out of the 1st for more draft picks as much as he has traded up in the 1st

They can't "jump" until June, because of the cap repercussions.
good point...still think they do not have that offer in hand. if so, whomever it is, is overpaying.

The old thread was way, way past its expiration date. The putrid odor was noticeable from a mile away.

It had reached the point where most of the comments were no longer about Julio Jones rumors, but had instead become a cesspool of personal insults. It was beyond reclamation.

Unfortunately that has become the norm far too often of late on this forum, and it is driving many good/reasonable fans away. Hopefully history will not repeat itself in this thread.
Wrong.

Idiot.

The old thread was way, way past its expiration date. The putrid odor was noticeable from a mile away.

It had reached the point where most of the comments were no longer about Julio Jones rumors, but had instead become a cesspool of personal insults. It was beyond reclamation.

Unfortunately that has become the norm far too often of late on this forum, and it is driving many good/reasonable fans away. Hopefully history will not repeat itself in this thread.

Wrong.

Idiot.

animal-house_vvku0n.gif

Jokes aside, curiosity has me now. Which reasonable posters were driven away because of the personal attacks? You can PM me if you don’t feel it’s appropriate to discuss in the thread.

Jokes aside, curiosity has me now. Which reasonable posters were driven away because of the personal attacks? You can PM me if you don’t feel it’s appropriate to discuss in the thread.

For some posters perhaps it can be hard to distinguish between personal attacks and some (naming no names) posters just being pig headed and not willing to back down on anything. The forum has always been like that. These posters have always been there. There's usually enough positive posts to keep people coming back.

For some posters perhaps it can be hard to distinguish between personal attacks and some (naming no names) posters just being pig headed and not willing to back down on anything. The forum has always been like that. These posters have always been there. There's usually enough positive posts to keep people coming back.
If one of those people is who I think it is, he’s left before and will most definitely be back. Maybe even under a new username to stay under the radar. Because so many people on the board are like him that it will be easy for him to escape notice.

It's more of a forum-wide issue, not isolated to that thread.

The people saying Pats wouldn't give up a 1st.... Did you forget Bill traded a 1st for Cooks?

but he was 24 years old, not 32 and coming off an injury

The injuries are a bit overstated last year was the first time he missed more than 2 games since 2013.

But Belichick isn't gonna coach forever and i'm guessing he wants to get another SB before he retires and when Jones is healthy he's probably better at 32 than Cooks was at 24. Averaged 100 yards per game last season in games he played more than 20 snaps.

I liked Cooks, but I would say the only thing that made that deal worth a 1st round pick was that they ended up getting another 1st back a year later. So basically they "lent out" their first round pick for a year of a WR who got them 900 yards. I don't think they'll need to pay a first rounder for Julio, but if they do, I doubt they're getting that kind of return for him when he's 34... so he better be more productive than Cooks was if that's the price, IMO.

So what you're saying just to paraphrase, is that most of the active posters here are arrogant mutherfukkers.

I don't think online forums would exist without arrogant mutherfukkers. They'd be pretty boring.

Milli Vanilli is dead, and THIS is what you people are talking about?

Patsfans.com fail...

This.

...and if the NEP are interested there is no way in hell we should pay him at the high -end of the guaranteed money scale.

I'd rather trade Harry than a future draft choice.
I would say the odds of him coming here are 28-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down