PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT New Interactive Roster Available

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Not a huge deal, but been working on this for a few days, and I think it's ready to have you guys test it out:

I have it broken down by position (you can toggle it to full), as normally when I go looking for a player I know what position he plays, and it's a pain having to sift through all the names. I've also added the draft positions of where a player was originally drafted (regardless of who selected him) into the system.

As a result, at the top, you can see how many players are on the roster from each round, as well as how many guys that were originally a UDFA before they joined a team (again, regardless of where they started).

When you click on each, it highlights the respective players.

It'll remain a work in progress, but I have it to the point where I figured I'd put it out here. Link is also in the slideout menu and in the footer.

Last edited:
its an excellent resource... love the position group break downs - so frustrating to try and break out positions in the defensive backfield when they are all clustered together as DB, etc... add to that the separated practice squad - gives a great idea of the depth we are carrying in case the injury bug comes a-visiting... and tied to that, the integration of the IR list... One stop shopping

Modified this a bit - active roster is now on top, followed by practice squad, IR, etc. Also makes it a little easier to follow, especially when you toggle the rounds rather than having them all mixed together.

Good work, @Ian.

1.) Didn't realize De'Shawn Vaugn was on the PS and that Tre Nixon was still on the roster.

2.) When our UFA's contracts expire on March 15th, they will be removed from your list and added back in if they resign, @Ian?

Good work, @Ian.

1.) Didn't realize De'Shawn Vaugn was on the PS and that Tre Nixon was still on the roster.

2.) When our UFA's contracts expire on March 15th, they will be removed from your list and added back in if they resign, @Ian?
Ke'Shawn Vaughn... signed to ps in december, signed a futures contract 1/8 this year...

Nixon reverted to the IR (pre-season designation) after waivers... is a restricted rights free agent... but not sure he will be around much longer... been a few years, hasn't done much/anything really beyond being a camp body

Good work, @Ian.

Yes, on both, and I’d have to look, but I believe Nixon was stashed earlier in the preseason, although I forget the circumstances behind it. (Edit: @Pape covered it)
Yes, those guys will be in their own box marked as free agents, and then either removed if they sign elsewhere, or added back onto the roster.

Looks great! I love how much you keep adding to this site.

Nice, thanks.

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Minor update - just added a section for players signed to futures contracts, which are now separated out of the group. They don't count toward the overall total since they don't go into effect until the new league year, but they are reflected in the player totals by their respective original rounds drafted, undrafted, etc.

Not a huge deal, but been working on this for a few days, and I think it's ready to have you guys test it out:

I have it broken down by position (you can toggle it to full), as normally when I go looking for a player I know what position he plays, and it's a pain having to sift through all the names. I've also added the draft positions of where a player was originally drafted (regardless of who selected him) into the system.

As a result, at the top, you can see how many players are on the roster from each round, as well as how many guys that were originally a UDFA before they joined a team (again, regardless of where they started).

When you click on each, it highlights the respective players.

It'll remain a work in progress, but I have it to the point where I figured I'd put it out here. Link is also in the slideout menu and in the footer.
This isn't very useful given the time of the year. I get that the season isn't over yet, but there's 24 players hitting free agency. Given most threads are focused on the offseason, it would be nice to see who we actually have signed for 2024 w/ a separate list of FAs. Including player ages would also help.

Initial attempt: C+

This isn't very useful given the time of the year. I get that the season isn't over yet, but there's 24 players hitting free agency. Given most threads are focused on the offseason, it would be nice to see who we actually have signed for 2024 w/ a separate list of FAs. Including player ages would also help.

Initial attempt: C+
Lol, what you don’t know is that I spent all of last night entering all of their information in terms of when their deals expire and as I mentioned in a previous post, there will be a block showing Free Agents and guys will either be re-added, or removed if they sign elsewhere. So that information should be there later after I modify the columns.

And yes, I’m also adding their ages and some additional metrics.

Updated with a "signed thru" column along with players being highlighted in gray (player name in blue) for the designation along with the "i" symbol you can mouseover for the player's free agent status. You can still toggle the rounds and it will highlight, with the name remaining blue.

One minor note, these designations don't include the option years (ie: first round picks with 5th-year options, etc.), just whatever their current final year is.

Signed Thru column is now also included among the sortable columns.

really like the little hover over pop up on free agency status... nice add

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
A couple of minor updates: ages are all now included, and you can mouse over them, and it will show you the player's birthdays. Every column is also now sortable as well.

I'll continue adding more information, and individual player pages are coming. Goal right now is to get all the information entered in, but we're getting there. ;)

Section added denoting current street free agents following the release of both Guy and Phillips.

Fixed a sorting glitch and missing block.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back