Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reinforcement, DaBruinz!

DaBruinz said:
Forgot to give me the credit there though ;):p

Their site rules have a policy abou-

...who am I kidding! You're damn straight! :D

I agree with just about all you stated.

WR
Yeah sure, these three can compete with Childress for the #6 spot if there is one. One or two might make the practice squad though. Seriously, this is a personal habit of mine. I never list playere that I think have no chance at the roster.

SPECIAL TEAMS
The competition will be tough. I trust you don't want Stone back as a safety. But he did play well on ST's, and I would welcome him back. He'll certainly be in the mix.

CORNERS
Poteat and Chad Scott should be brought back. They are known quantities, and a starting point for competition.

SAFETY
Why wouldn't Guss Scott be tendered. It costs nothing. He may not make the team, but even then it would cost last year's minimum.

TIGHT END
I'd be OK with a FB/TE only if Graham is extended.

OFFENSIVE LINE
We need offensive line needs help. I just don't know how high to call the "need". Personally I am fine with an OT and TE 1-2.

DaBruinz said:
MG - You forgot Michael McGrew, Rich Mushinski and John Stone. McGrew was on the IR for the Pats all year. Mushinski was a camp invitee last year and played decently. Still doesn't change the fact that the Pats will probably bring in 3-4 more WRs, 2 of which will be veterans.

Well, the Pats have eliminated Starks from the equation for the time being. I agree that they will bring in another couple of JAG veterans. Possibly Poteat and Chad Scott again.

I agree with you on Hawkins. I also think that Michael Stone earned a return ticket. It will be interesting to see if Guss Scott received a tender offer.

Personally, I hope the draft FB Matt Bernstein. I honestly believe that he has the ability to be an H-back type player. He runs good routes, has good hands, and is an exceptional blocker in the backfield. The Patriots could, theoretically line up in a 3TE/1RB/1WR set and give it several different looks with Bernstein lined up behind Brady or off to the side. Then they wouldn't know what was coming at them. And Bernstein loves to hit players.

I think that this is a higher priority than TE or QB, honestly. Neither Gorin nor Hochstein are more than decent back-ups. Gorin is actually worse than Grant "The Turnstile" Williams. The Patriots need at least one more OT/OG and one OG/OC. A guy who could fit all three is Daryn Colledge. Another guy is Jon Scott (who can long snap).

Adding Bernstein as a FB/TE would cover both spots. I agree that the Pats need to add a RB. Joseph Addai or Maurice Drew would be nice.

I would like the Pats to take a shot at Derek Smith from the 49ers. He could be just the type of vet LB we were hoping to get in Brown. The Pats DO need to address OLB in the Draft, at the very least but I just don't think that TBC is going to cut it as an every down player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3