ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Freeny
OLB(3) J.Collins, S.McClellin, B.Mingo
CB (6) M.Butler, L.Ryan, C.Jones, J.Coleman, D.Roberts, J.Jones
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (4) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona, Slater

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: http://patsfans.com/patspicker

My main changes from last time are that I think Dobson makes it purely based on injuries to so many other WRs, I dropped Bolden (though if Gaffney's injury will keep him out more than a week or so I expect to see Bolden in his spot instead), and I dropped Karras and kept Fleming in light of Solder getting hurt last night. Hopefully Karras makes it through to the PS, because I like him.

So you think Karras has a better chance to make it to the PS than Fleming?

I disagree. Fleming was available last year as a FA mid-season when the rash of injuries hit, and I don't see him as a more valuable asset now.

So you think Karras has a better chance to make it to the PS than Fleming?

I disagree. Fleming was available last year as a FA mid-season when the rash of injuries hit, and I don't see him as a more valuable asset now.

I had Karras over Fleming until Solder came up limping last night. I think that if there's any questions re: Solder's health, having a fourth tackle is more valuable than having a fifth guard. Don't want to be down to 2 tackles if he starts having trouble playing through it. Basically, I have Fleming on the final roster for the same reason as Dobson: because there's a bare minimum of healthy players at each position that I think you need to aim for, and they happen to be the next guys on the depth chart at those positions.

Realistically, I think Fleming or Karras makes it through to the PS with little difficulty. But if you're going to risk losing one, I'd rather risk losing Karras based on the current roster numbers, since even if he's gone you have Tre Jackson coming back in 6-8 weeks anyway.

We need more size at CB. Most of our CBs are 5'10 or less. Only Ryan's taller.

Develin and Gaffney are not ahead of Boldin
Gaffney to PS
Dobson makes it if Amendola is on PUP
Develin is competing with Harbor for the last TE spot
I think he wins the spot unless we use 10 OL
Cooper to IR (only 9 OL)
He can come back later if needed.

Defense has 2 question marks:
5th CB (thinking LeBlanc or Roberts)
And
Either Grissom or McClellin
I'm leaning toward Grissom

Yea who knows.

I'm iffy on Coleman now. Hes a disaster outside the numbers. Arrington 2.0

Maybe. If Slater gets hurt and if King is gone who is the gunner?

Jonathan Jones or Grugier-Hill, both of whom have been playing there over the summer. If neither of those guys makes the team, there is room for King.

Prefer Jones and Hill over King
More upside
However King is incredibly solid at special teams so he most likeluly will stick.

Jonathan Jones or Grugier-Hill, both of whom have been playing there over the summer. If neither of those guys makes the team, there is room for King.

Yea thats the key thing that we all need to remember. If thetop guy on ST goes down or a core STer, who can fill in.

We saw what happened last year. There were injuries on ST and it bit the team in the ass big time.

Thats kinda the only reason I keep King on the roster. Hes damn good as a gunner. If King goes I just dont know if Jones or KGH can pick up the gunner role. Maybe they can. Not sure I guess.

All you guys in a hurry to cut King - are you the type who go to the kitchen or the ****ter during special teams plays? Dude was our best STer whose last name isn't Slater last year.

I had Karras over Fleming until Solder came up limping last night. I think that if there's any questions re: Solder's health, having a fourth tackle is more valuable than having a fifth guard. Don't want to be down to 2 tackles if he starts having trouble playing through it. Basically, I have Fleming on the final roster for the same reason as Dobson: because there's a bare minimum of healthy players at each position that I think you need to aim for, and they happen to be the next guys on the depth chart at those positions.

Realistically, I think Fleming or Karras makes it through to the PS with little difficulty. But if you're going to risk losing one, I'd rather risk losing Karras based on the current roster numbers, since even if he's gone you have Tre Jackson coming back in 6-8 weeks anyway.

Can't really argue with your logic. I just hate seeing the Pats having to keep lesser quality players just to fill a position, whole cutting better players at better populated positions.

I don't think Fleming gets claimed, or if he is, that there are not equivalent players available as FAs.

Can't really argue with your logic. I just hate seeing the Pats having to keep lesser quality players just to fill a position, whole cutting better players at better populated positions.

I don't think Fleming gets claimed, or if he is, that there are not equivalent players available as FAs.

He cleared waivers last year. Who knows?

Still would like a trade for a back.

They can upgrade over Gaffney but hes OK as a backup I guess.

If Gaffney is hurt and out for some time they kinda have to.

White and Foster are not proven runners.

Bolden is a below average runner

All you guys in a hurry to cut King - are you the type who go to the kitchen or the ****ter during special teams plays? Dude was our best STer whose last name isn't Slater last year.

Most who project cutting King are instead keeping Jonathan Jones, who looked like a demon gunner in preseason games.

Among King, Slater, Ebner, Bolden, KGH and J. Jones, something's gotta give.

Looks like Anthony Johnson made the 53 or at least that's what I take this as

Great News!
The guy has been living in the backfield all pre season, he just made way too many plays NOT to make the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back