PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New contender for “no way he makes this team” guy : Tyler Gaffney returns

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So...he’s basically a coach..?

Has this dude ever even played in a game? Is he even a real person? He seems to only exist on IR and the practice squad.

So...he’s basically a coach..?

Seems like a decent addition to the back of the roster. He knows the system, has low mileage, and will be able to take some reps in camp. Unless the RB unit suffers numerous injuries he's not making the team, but he's a decent camp body and at the very least a serviceable break glass in case of emergency kind of guy.

Seems like a decent addition to the back of the roster. He knows the system, has low mileage, and will be able to take some reps in camp. Unless the RB unit suffers numerous injuries he's not making the team, but he's a decent camp body and at the very least a serviceable break glass in case of emergency kind of guy.
Is he really serviceable? He's in his 30s and has literally never played in a non-preseason NFL game.

Is he really serviceable? He's in his 30s and has literally never played in a non-preseason NFL game.
I should have qualified that with "might be" as they will find out through training camp. My point was that knowing the system and being able to take semi quality reps in training camp is basically what you are looking for from someone who signed as the 90th player, and by serviceable I meant as a shadow roster everything has gone to hell kind of perspective.

Yeah I tend to think there’s better available younger players. Gotta be some reason this guy keeps showing up though. I guess he retired, played baseball, and now is back.

When you start to type in his name google says "baseball outfielder", not a football player.

Two super bowl rings without a single NFL snap to your credit may be some sort of record.

Is he a Jabar Gaffney "bloodline" of some kind? Does he have Gaffney Eyes? No offense to Jabar, I loved that glandular freak.

I don't think he has any shot of making the team with an already crowded RB corps. He'll be a body for camp and preseason games, if he even makes it that far.

Yeah I tend to think there’s better available younger players. Gotta be some reason this guy keeps showing up though. I guess he retired, played baseball, and now is back.

Let's hope the coaching staff is reading the forum so these novel ideas of checking out a guy's ability to play, and comparing him to others that are available, gets inserted into the team's decision process on whether to sign someone.

Is he a Jabar Gaffney "bloodline" of some kind? Does he have Gaffney Eyes? No offense to Jabar, I loved that glandular freak.

I don't think that this is glandular.

1621605333640.png

Or are you thinking of someone else perhaps?

1621605421440.png

Not that he has kept on the straight-and-narrow either ...

I don't think that this is glandular.

View attachment 33062

Or are you thinking of someone else perhaps?

View attachment 33063

Not that he has kept on the straight-and-narrow either ...

Holy crap, that's embarrassing. Total senior moment. There goes my chance to impress in mini-camp. Thanks, Mike.

Gaffney must have even more incriminating pictures than Jake Bequette o_O

Roster surprise
Jakobi Meyers cut while Tyler Gaffney makes it :oops:

Holy crap, that's embarrassing. Total senior moment. There goes my chance to impress in mini-camp. Thanks, Mike.

No worries -- I knew it must be one of us so I checked. Do what I do: claim you've got wisdom.

1621636723080.gif

If Sony gets traded in the Julio Jones deal? Then he is up against Bolden and Injuries.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back