PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link Conversation between TB and BB

Links to cool things
There's so much BS in that podcast. Bill and Tom hated each other's guts by the end. Why, you ask?

00b6b823-01cc-4d06-bb4f-c9df2624da46_text.gif

Listened to it this morning. Tremendous. Bill has praised Brady in a similar fashion in the past, but I don’t recall him ever going into such a detail, in terms of what impressed him, and at times amazed him, about TB behind the scenes. It seemed very genuine.

The whole interaction between the two of them was great, including the portion when he talks about ripping Brady in front of the team after he was given the green light by TB (lighthearted back-and-forth between the two of them about that) but the best part for me was the start of the interview, when BB says “The greatest player. The greatest career. A great, great person……I guess it has to end at some point.” Gray then cuts to Brady, who has to briefly compose himself, and was obviously very emotional about what his ex-coach just said, because his voice was cracking as he began to speak.

That got me right in the feels.

On the other hand, Gronk abruptly cutting into the conversation, interrupting Belichick, was pretty awkward. They never mentioned that Gronk would be appearing at the start of the pod, so I wonder whether Brady actually knew that was going to happen.

This is cool. I'm glad Kraft, Brady and Bill are back in good terms

Listened to it this morning. Tremendous. Bill has praised Brady in a similar fashion in the past, but I don’t recall him ever going into such a detail, in terms of what impressed him, and at times amazed him, about TB behind the scenes. It seemed very genuine.

The whole interaction between the two of them was great, including the portion when he talks about ripping Brady in front of the team after he was given the green light by TB (lighthearted back-and-forth between the two of them about that) but the best part for me was the start of the interview, when BB says “The greatest player. The greatest career. A great, great person……I guess it has to end at some point.” Gray then cuts to Brady, who has to briefly compose himself, and was obviously very emotional about what his ex-coach just said, because his voice was cracking as he began to speak.

That got me right in the feels.

On the other hand, Gronk abruptly cutting into the conversation, interrupting Belichick, was pretty awkward. They never mentioned that Gronk would be appearing at the start of the pod, so I wonder whether Brady actually knew that was going to happen.
It was an awesome and fascinating listen until that buffoon Gronk showed up.

Tom's voice breaking up was something I did not expect. No question Tom has a lot of strong feelings about BB...and I think BB does for Tom.

I'm still processing it but when asked by Gray what BB did to bring out the best in him, his response was very telling..." <voice cracking> It's what he did not do to bring out the best in me." Tom didn't really expand on what he meant but I took it as what BB did was a) not overlook his potential b) not screw with his development c) not jerk him around like Lloyd Carr/Drew Henson did d) not baby him and made him earn everything e) not cast him off like yesterday's news. f) not provide him with poor coaching g) not surround him with terrible players.

I truly believe Tom was beyond hurt when he left the Pats. I also believe BB & Kraft took no pleasure in making a very difficult organizational decision thinking it was time to move on from Tom. What I do believe is they all care about each other as people and the emotion runs deep.

Last edited:
There's so much BS in that podcast. Bill and Tom hated each other's guts by the end. Why, you ask?

00b6b823-01cc-4d06-bb4f-c9df2624da46_text.gif
Can't work out if you are actually joking or not? Two mature professionals can have difficult moments during a long successful partnership. It would be weird if they didn't. You can hear the genuine admiration and respect in their voices and the fact that Tom was clearly emotional after Bills comments also. It's the media and certain sections of the fans that want to perpetuate the Tom vs Bill ******** which is just playground nonsense.

Ty for posting that. Good stuff.

That was such a great chat. Thanks for posting that link.

This is incredible stuff. The thing I appreciate about Belichick is that he doesn't hold back at all talking about the fact that his QB had an incredible skill that made his job 100x easier. And BB was smart enough to recognize and understand the skill which allowed him to improve as a coach, by eliminating the things a coach would notice or attend to, but which a player never could see. This meant that although Belichick had a greater knowledge in some parts of the game, he understood it couldn't be imparted to his advantage.

This is otherworldly coaching and incredibly advanced QBings. Read:

FoVYgQsWIAcCSz7

I was somewhat surprised by some of the things Belichick said because I always thought he'd wait until he was retired before saying them out loud. He went into the reasoning behind the always-mentioned way he trashed Brady as equally as any other player on the team. I mean, has it ever been said before that Tom & him talked about it? I've never heard that before. To hear that Tom told him to continue to do that was really good to hear, especially when I think back on all the media wonks who trashed Belichick for daring to talk to Brady like that.

This is incredible stuff. The thing I appreciate about Belichick is that he doesn't hold back at all talking about the fact that his QB had an incredible skill that made his job 100x easier. And BB was smart enough to recognize and understand the skill which allowed him to improve as a coach, by eliminating the things a coach would notice or attend to, but which a player never could see. This meant that although Belichick had a greater knowledge in some parts of the game, he understood it couldn't be imparted to his advantage.

This is otherworldly coaching and incredibly advanced QBings. Read:

FoVYgQsWIAcCSz7
It's a perfect storm of two brilliant minds coming together. They were able to bounce stuff off each other, challenge each other and rise up to levels never seen before in this league, and likely never will again. I have said all along, they were good separately, great together. This confirms it for me. The guys who b!tch don't understand the nuances of the game that these two brought out in each other. What a treat for us as fans.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back