PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO: NFL Films Presents - Joe Judge, Disciple of Saban & Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
VIDEO: NFL Films Presents - Joe Judge, Disciple of Saban & Belichick
Robert Alvarez
NFL Films profiles the career of New York Giants head coach Joe Judge and his work under Nick Saban and Bill Belichick.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Great video, thanks!

NFL's worst WRs coach in 2019, one of NFL's worst HCs in 2020 so far...

NE is essentially a Bill Belichick dictatorship. These assistant coaches play a role, but they don't have the power that their equivalents around the league do, that's why they all fail once they leave.

NE is essentially a Bill Belichick dictatorship. These assistant coaches play a role, but they don't have the power that their equivalents around the league do, that's why they all fail once they leave.
Based on what? All I hear about is how great BB is at delegating, communicating, taking input in from other coaches. Not to mention the Patriots have consistently had one of the smallest coaching staff which means there's more responsibility for everyone. He allows his coaches to cross train in different positions. Including scouts switching to coaching.

I mean I remember that article with Pepper Johnson

Pepper Johnson said:
One of my attractions to him was he was the first coach that, granted, it was my first experience in the NFL, that didn’t try to tell me how to do something. He told me what he wanted done, and then he allowed me the freedom to get it done however I had to get it done, and if I if I couldn’t find a way, then I would ask him - I was big enough I would ask him, and he would tell me.”

I mean just look at this crap here under Doug Marrone
Pepper Johnson said:
When I first left New England and went to Buffalo, I was told to stay in my lane. Never heard that philosophy or statement or whatever before.

Stay in your lane? Does that sound like a coach who has power?

I don't wish poor success on anybody but Judge coached special teams, had zero coordinator experience on offense or defense. Was an interesting hire by the Giants GM even at the time. I guess it sounds good superficially if you don't think too much, to say he came from Belichick and Saban.

Based on what? All I hear about is how great BB is at delegating, communicating, taking input in from other coaches. Not to mention the Patriots have consistently had one of the smallest coaching staff which means there's more responsibility for everyone. He allows his coaches to cross train in different positions. Including scouts switching to coaching.

I mean I remember that article with Pepper Johnson

I mean just look at this crap here under Doug Marrone

Stay in your lane? Does that sound like a coach who has power?

That Pepper Johnson Q&A was phenomenal. Thanks. It sure puts to rest the notion that Bill doesn't give his coaches input. I don't know why I never saw it before. I did read his book "Won For All" about the Pats' 2001 season though. That was a fun read.

Not that I agree with it, but after reading that interview I can see why Pepper's been blackballed. He openly criticized other coaches and, God forbid, owners. He took a few swipes at collusion also. I'd be shocked to see him coaching in the NYFL ever again.

That Pepper Johnson Q&A was phenomenal. Thanks. It sure puts to rest the notion that Bill doesn't give his coaches input. I don't know why I never saw it before. I did read his book "Won For All" about the Pats' 2001 season though. That was a fun read.

Not that I agree with it, but after reading that interview I can see why Pepper's been blackballed. He openly criticized other coaches and, God forbid, owners. He took a few swipes at collusion also. I'd be shocked to see him coaching in the NYFL ever again.

Great interview

1. I don't know if you can use this interview to backwards rationalize that Pepper is blackballed. Maybe now he is. But it wasn't why he was fired or not picked for DC jobs

2. Pepper seems to have a wealth of info. The guy has like 5 Superbowl rings as a player or coach.

3. On the other hand, he seems very opinionated and maybe hard to fall in line if he disagrees with his manager. It also seems Boyles and the Jets were a totally dysfunctional organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes